View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 04:08 PM   #63
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden NFL 20 Makes A Recommitment To Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

The scheme stuff needs to disappear. It will never work the way EA envisions it.

Quote:
The same goes for the other side of the ball. If EA Tiburon succeeds in its goals with this new system, you won’t be able to simply ignore studs like Khalil Mack or Aaron Donald anymore.
The downside of this, if it works, is that we need far more control of strategic decisions. If guys like Mack and Donald are now as good as they should be and we still don't have the option to double-team them all game long then we are screwed. Not to mention the infuriating results when you stick a TE on one side in an attempt to help/double and it winds up being your TE blocking 1 on 1 instead of the better LT. There must be a way to assign double team blocks or to double stud WRs.

If I'm forced to leave my 72 overall LT in 1v1 all game--or even worse, just one TE--against a new potentially overpowered edge rusher then I don't know if I'll be able to play the game.

Quote:
The Scenario Engine is flexible enough to incorporate more variables as Tiburon sees fit. “One thing we're really excited about is planning to add content throughout the year,” Young says. “This will be the first time we've ever done updates to franchise throughout the season.”
This sounds like it'll be bare-bones at launch but hopefully the improvements will be significant throughout the year.

Quote:
This could change with the addition of superstar skills and X-Factor players, which we explore in great depth with this feature. This new pool of more than 70 new abilities isn’t meant to make Madden play like NFL Hitz, but rather accentuate the unique capabilities of the league’s star players. Patrick Mahomes now has unique animations that let him escape the pocket more quickly than his counterparts, as well as new abilities that raise his accuracy throwing on the run and across his body. Tom Brady can diagnose the defense quickly and find the first open target much faster than other quarterbacks. Ben Roethlisberger has a deadly pump-fake that can disrupt your coverages and spring his receivers open.
This is a step in the direction of badges in 2K. Different badges should unlock different animations and abilities that no other players on the field have. I doubt we'll see it in great depth yet but Mahomes, and I imagine only a handful of others, having unique animations is a start.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet