Old 05-06-2019, 03:32 PM   #66
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: GridIron Notes: Face Of The Franchise and Franchise Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
For some companies, I would agree, but based on Madden's past history, I'm not in total agreement unless marketing and the suits change their way of thinking of making the game.

Like I said in the post above yours, this logic should not apply in this case.

I get what you are saying, but it doesn't not fit what we have with Madden right now. Until they stop saying they want to bring an authentic NFL experience then we have the right to complain. Until they stop trying to implement things for the sim crowd, then we have the right to complain. They actively say they want to appeal to the casual crowd and the sim crowd. By doing that, we in the sim crowd have every right to criticize it all.

If EA came out and said they want to make Madden for the casual crowd only and that they don't aim to bring an authentic and simulation-style of NFL football to your TV then we would no longer really have the right to criticize the way we are because they would have stated what their vision was and it would be illogical to still criticize the game for not being something it doesn't want to be.

This is not like a situation like you see with Escape from Tarkov which has clearly stated it is a hardcore tactical shooter than aims to recreate realistic mechanics over fun mechanics. That game has a clearly stated vision of what it wants to be. When people come to the forums of that game and complain about the realism and hardcore mechanics they are being illogical because the game's vision clearly states what is going for. That is not what is happening here with Madden and EA.They still claim to be aiming for an authentic experience that brings simulation-style gameplay so we still have the right to criticize how they are not achieving that in areas.

― Plato