Old 05-06-2019, 03:49 PM   #68
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: GridIron Notes: Face Of The Franchise and Franchise Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I get what you are trying to say, I really do, but people have been criticizing for the past 13 years, and yet, here we are today.

This is the latest from the blog with CD Mike Young: The thought of an RPG irritated a lot of people back in Madden 13, but, does it still now?

Mike Young: “Franchise has come back to being a big focus on the game and it will continue to be,” Young says. “We just want to add this rich depth and immersion to it so we're starting to think about it more like a sports RPG.”

I see focus, depth, immersion and sports RPG. I'd like to find out more about boss battles vs one example, I'd like to find out if morale affects FA and or Franchise Tag, Trading Block, etc......

My point is that there is more information to dig into vs one example in a blog. My other point still holds, history is a good predictor of the future. I haven't seen or heard a developer lately state NFL authentic football is coming your way. Clint is radio silent till May23rd gameplay reveal.

Again, based on Rex's last interview last month and knowledge of the Ian years that marketing and suits drive the game, I just don't see anyone inside or outside of EA changing the way the game is made until proven otherwise.
The game will be criticized for the rest of its existence. I will criticize it annually. That does not mean I hate everything about it. I am still playing my franchise today. This is the longest after the NFL season I've ever continued to play Madden. I obviously like the game enough to keep playing. With my mod I use with my buddy in our franchise the game plays on the field as good as 2k8 just about so I am happy.

I also do not see the terms RPG and instantly hate it. I sit back and see what they want to bring to us and analyze how they implement it. I am not a fan of the XP system in the game. I was a fan of hiding the development traits until I learned how they implemented it and now think what they are doing is pointless. Some people may be turned off hearing terms like RPG and Boss Battles and not care to see what is about, but that doesn't describe me or probably the majority here. We are not complaining because of the term Boss Battle. We mocked the term a little, but most of our complaints fall into the implementation of these battles and how they seem to be nothing more than a modifier that influences the weekly goals you get.

They can call it Boss Battle or whatever they want, if we got the strategic elements we are asking for we'd be happy. That is not the case here and is why we are criticizing it so heavily.

Also, look at the past 5 years of Madden. We have had both the run and pass defenses get overhauled to appeal to a more authentic gameplay that is aimed at sim players. Run fits were for the sim crowd. The overhauled zones and the continuous addition of real zone coverages is aimed at the sim crowd. We literally just go a game mode called Simulation for the sim crowd along with the Arcade and Competitive modes for those crowds. So yes, they do continuously try to make the sim crowd happy along with the rest of their base.

― Plato