View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 06:26 PM   #1
young22
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
#SWARM - RELOADED

So after my UNC dynasty got corrupted, I decided to reboot my Westlake State Dynasty.

Sliders And Settings

- Cajunomics' 2016-17 roster as a base.
- Heisman of course, slightly tweaked version of Jkits' set as I do play with fatigue off.
- 9 minute quarters
- HFA off
- Normal coach progression. For whatever reason, hot streaks are much less common with this setting. Credit goes to JoshC for that one, it's legit, I played a season with Vanderbilt before starting this up.

House Rules

Gameplay

- Tuscaloosa's kicking system
- I edit all Scrambling QBs who are under a 90 AWR to make them into a Balanced, less cheap sacks where they just run into the LE.
- Run/Pass D for my coach goes one tick to the left to open up the CPU pass game.
- Injury rating edits for my team.
- I also edit a lot of ratings for realism's sake, especially on CPU teams. A corner with 95 speed, man and zone, but 79 agility is useless and unrealistic, so that guy's agility will be bumped to 92 or so. Just one example.
- I will use my coordinators' playbooks as base playbooks. I can add and remove plays as I see fit, but I must maintain the base scheme. Option will be an exception should I ever get a coordinator running it.
- I will deduct 10 points from the catching ratings of my linebackers and defensive backs, in an effort to reduce my team's INT numbers. ATH will be excepted from this rule.

Recruiting/Team Building

- I may only apply as many recruiting upgrades to my coach as equal to 2x the number of wins that I had in the previous season. A down year will then mean tougher recruiting in the following season. (Stolen from moose141, I really like this)
- "Kitchen Sink" and "Royal Treatment" may only be upgraded 2 of 3 levels.
- No cherrypicking unsigned 5 stars.
- Any player that I'm up 1000 or more points on is considered a verbal commit. I can then only spend 50 points a week on him unless my lead dips below 1000.
- After week 4, I can only add as many guys to the board as my team has prestige stars. Up until, and including week 4, I can modify the board as I see fit.
- Players in pipelines states who are 3* or lower may be scouted one time at 50%. No scouting of 4* or 5* players until they are signed or lost. Then they will be legitimate gems/busts once they are scouted after the fact. Any player may be scouted in the offseason signing period. (again stolen from moose141)
- No redshirting 5 star or JUCO recruits (bar QB, OL), and I must make an effort to play 5 star recruits.
- No redshirting anyone who would make the 2 deep depth chart. (OL, QB are exceptions as those guys don't rotate)
- I cannot persuade any player projected to go in the first 3 rounds to stay in school.
- Anyone persuaded to stay, whether transfer or draft must start or see significant reps (#2 back, nickel corner, slot WR etc.)
- Biggest one is I'm using Kawkeye's Dynamic Progression System. This should keep my team from gaining +20 OVR within 3-4 seasons like what will usually happen in this game.
- Lastly, no gameplay or coordinator skill trees.

Scheduling

- I must schedule my non-conference games in advance.
- I may only schedule one "tune-up" opponent per season.
- No FCS games.

Miscellaneous

- I will be employing a system to generate suspensions, as well as preseason injuries.
- Each year, I'll be looking through the non-starting QBs for potential grad transfers. I might do this for other positions as well, but QB will be the main one.

Last edited by young22; 06-26-2022 at 07:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove