View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
Tyro11
Rookie

Tyro11's Arena

OVR: 0
The Great Realignment (NCAA 14)

The New System

I am planning to run a dynasty that plays off an idea that I sure has been done plenty of times before. I am separating the NCAA football landscape into five regions (Northeast, Southeast, Mideast, Midwest, and West). Each region will have two conferences: a Power conference and a Group conference. Each region also has one independent team operating as an in-between level program between the Power and the Group. All Power 5 conference champions get an automatic BCS bid while all other spots taken by “at-large” teams. I plan to step in like an evil dictator to disrupt any Group of 5 team that might make it to the National Championship game over top of other much-more deserving Power 5 programs (there might be a case where I let them play).

The unique twist is that every off-season I will review the lowest performing team in every Power 5 conference, every Independent’s performance, and the high performing team in every Group of 5 conference. In a type of relegation system, I will make a decision to bump an independent up while swapping the lowest team down to Independent OR bumping the Independent down and replacing with a new Group of 5. No team can jump straight from Power 5 to Group of 5 or vice versa in one off-season meaning only one move can be made. Should make for some interesting decisions. I do not plan to have a concrete way to do this other than judgement.

Finally, I decided to really spice things up by adding 12 former-FCS (some current FBS teams in real life) programs to the mix: Eastern Washington, Sam Houston State, Montana, Montana State, San Diego, South Dakota State, North Dakota State, James Madison, Appalachian State, Liberty, and Coastal Carolina. They replaced military schools (Air Force, Navy, Army) and some other very lowly (and boring in my opinion) schools like New Mexico State, Eastern Michigan, Akron, Ball State, Bowling Green, Florida International, UL Monroe, and UAB. I decided to keep Idaho because I like flagship colleges despite them actually being a real-life candidate to drop down to FCS. I recently realized, after creation, that I omitted putting Charlotte in there so I might wait two or three seasons and replace whatever team is just treacherously awful with them.

My Dynasty
I do also plan to run my own dynasty outside of just keeping track of how the system plays out. I chose New Mexico because they were nearly the worst team and also in the Midwest Region which looked really fun to play in. I will be doing everything on Heisman with Jarrod’s Black List sliders (Link) on 8-minute quarters to make it literally as hard as possible to succeed. I did sim one season to make it technically 2020 with the rosters I loaded. I actually did great recruiting and picked up some four-star athletes. The team went a surprising 5-7. Some of the current realignments were due to certain team’s performances in that first year so going into “2020” we should be all set to go. I don’t want to burn myself out recording so I will do a very lax reporting style half about my team and half about the entire NCAA landscape. Let’s go!

Roster: VikesFan049 2019 Roster (though I am beginning a sim-year later)
Difficulty: Heisman
Sliders: Jarrodds21s Black Set
Quarters: 8 Minutes

Last edited by Tyro11; 07-18-2020 at 05:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove