View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 01:59 PM   #1
young22
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Young22's Fatigue Off Sliders

Updated Dec 16th, 2020: QBA to 10, PCV to 80 for both sides, RBA to 70 (personal preference)

Updated January 1st, 2021: PCV to 95 for both sides, RBA to 50 for User, 65 for CPU, INT to 10 for User, 15 for CPU

So I realized there's no definitive fatigue off set. Guys have had success playing on default Heisman, which I personally haven't tried, I doubt it would challenge me. JKits has a great fatigue on set, which was the basis of this set, but it doesn't work with fatigue off, which IMO is crucial to the CPU being truly challenging.

WARNING: THESE SLIDERS ARE FOR ADVANCED, SIM-MINDED PLAYERS. IF YOU'RE A NOOB, OR YOU WANT TO THROW 4 VERTS ALL DAY, THESE ARE NOT FOR YOU!!!

Big thanks to JDG42 for helping me test this set, as well as to Von Dozier for toally changing my view on sliders.

Gameplay Options

Heisman difficulty (I also turn it to Heisman for User v User, not sure if that matters)

Injuries on. I edit injury ratings, more detail in my house rules section.

Fatigue Off. The key to get the CPU to be aggressive for 4 quarters, also improves playcall logic for whatever reason. Autosubs never worked right anyway. To get rotation, I use formation subs and package subs to get rotation mainly with my running backs and D-line. I'll do WR rotation a little bit, because IRL teams tend to have 4 or 5 main targets getting 75%+ of the targets and then another 3 or 4 that catch 10-20 passes on the year. For the CPU, I sub in their #2 back in 5-15 sets depending on rating, like if it's a 94 starter vs a 78 backup, maybe 5 sets, I'll put in the #3 a bit if he's good enough, occasionally if they have a guy that could be like a RB/WR, CB/WR, LB/TE I'll do a bit as well. I'll take a look at nickel/dime linebackers too.

8 minute quarters. Depending on offensive tempo, you'll see 120-180 plays a game. I usually average 70 or so with a no-huddle offense, but I'm not sprinting to the line and snapping within 3 seconds. Would be cheesy with fatigue off, I also don't like playing that way. I switched from 9 because the CPU REALLY likes to play quickly in this game. I was starting to have 90 combined points and 1000 combined yards be the norm which is absurd. 9 works, personal preference here.

Normal game speed

32 threshold (credit to JKits for testing this value)

HFA off. HFA is still present without this being on, this actually just serves to keep games close. Through 3 seasons of my latest dynasty, I'm 11-7 (.611) at home, 6-13 (.316) on the road.

Ice Kicker On (more on kicking later)

Penalties

Effects of penalty sliders

Offsides/False Start: 91

Offsides gives the DLine a quicker jump, False start does the same thing for the OLine. Use the fake hike, you'll get calls on both sides.

Holding: 92

Don't think this does a ton.

Facemask: 63

I feel like the hits are a bit bigger, and you get some penalties happening.

OPI: 99

DPI: 98

Aggressiveness when going for the ball. These penalties still don't really exist, you might get one called when there's a collision on a route.

KRI: 60

Just what JKits has it at

Clipping: 54

This one and RTP are weird, 54 they rarely ever get called, 55 it's left and right.

IG: 85

This is the big one that really changes how the game plays. This gets the CPU QB to be aggressive. They don't actually throw it away that much, maybe 2-3 times a game. You will occasionally get them snapping the ball and an instant throwaway, but I only see this with lower AWR QBs, and even then it's rare.

RTP: 54

RTK: 35

Gameplay Sliders

User/CPU

QBA: 10/10

Credit to Von Dozier for getting me to play with this slider. Conventional wisdom on NCAA 14 sliders is to have it on 5. You will see misses, you will have plays where you throw it away because you don't have anywhere to go, and you won't have QBs missing the mark by 5 yards for cheap INTs.

PBK: 35/45

User will have enough time to make reads. You will have to scramble at times, you will have to move in the pocket, and OL ratings matter. PA is viable, but if they don't bite or if they send a free rusher you're screwed. Median sacks per game was 2.2 last season, but yours will likely be higher because CPU QBs will take bad sacks.

WRC: 0/45

At 0 for the USER, you will see drops. User catching is key to make plays on contested balls, especially deep balls. 45 for the CPU will see them drop a few balls, and the CPU seems to trust his guys more, upping the number of deep throws.

RBA: 50/65

At 50, each back plays the way he should. Good backs will be at 5+ a carry, O-line still matters but I felt like 50 gimped backs. I had 2 entire seasons where I didn't break a single 50 yarder with a 93 speed, 99 accel back cause he just couldn't hit the edge.

RBK: 5/35

Nice balance here. Elite O-line can make a decent back look very good.

PCV: 95/95

So unlike what the slider gurus say, and what I thought was true, this slider doesn't appear to be reversed. 95 gets very good coverage. Lots of deflections, good zone awareness, much less of the backers just allowing receivers to cut across their face. QBs miss as well, my guess would be because the windows are now tighter. You'll also get some throwaways.

INT: 10/15

High PCV offsets the deep ball stupidity you'll find with low PCV, low INT values. Credit to Von Dozier for this one as well, fairly realistic amount of picks. Also more CPU wideouts winning 50/50 balls.

RUSHD: 50/50

Very balanced, plays to ratings well I find. Hard to break long runs, but not impossible.

TAK: 40/40

Good amount of broken tackles, and some poor tackles. especially with aggressive Strip Ball on. Once again, ratings really matter.

FGP: 100/50

Ok so I use Tuscaloosa's kicking method. This is the only way I've found to manually kick and have it be a challenge. Go follow that link and you'll see why USER is at 100.

FGA: 30/45

Decent balance of CPU kicking.

PP: 45/60

PA: 40/75

I supersim all user punts, and CPU punts inside the 50. More coffin corners that way.

KOP: 0/45

Broken slider, I supersim all user kickoffs, CPU will occasionally take one back for a score.

House Rules

Injury Edits: -10 QB, -25 HB/FB/WR/TE, -80 OL, -40 DL/LB, -25 DB

Play SIM. Don't abuse money plays. Use the WHOLE playbook. Don't run zone read and 4 wide dives all game. Don't hot route guys to streaks every single time you see press. This is my only "rule" in game, and it's not even a rule, just my play style.

Coordinators' Playbooks: You may only use a book of your choosing (customs are fine, I always use them so I can order my plays by type in the formation screen) on ONE side of the ball. When switching coordinators, you may use the old scheme for an extra year before switching over to the new scheme.

Clear Coaching Trees: Currently trying coaching trees on. I will not use Antifreeze though, I think that skill is ridiculous. Kickers get nervous, coach can't help that.

Kawkeye's Manual Progression System

Start of every season, write down QB's AWR. At the end of the season, remove 50% of in season progression.

Start of every season, edit all players under 85 OVR with AWR >70 down to whatever their overall is, for example, an 80 OVR TE with 95 AWR would then get 80 AWR.

When you get further into Dynasty, do some awareness edits to the CPU stars that have low AWR (usually front 7 defenders, maybe boost DBs that are 90+ OVR). Those stud players should have high AWR, with the way it's scaled on generated players they'll stand out.

Run/Pass slider: Shift the USER (only USER, don't touch CPU) Run/Pass Defense slider one tick to the left, towards run. It makes the CPU pass game better. Logic here is that the AI sees you as unprepared for the pass, so they will pass a bit more, but they still run a good amount, and their pass game is sharper and more aggressive. Surprisingly, the CPU doesn't actually always pass for more yards with this. They will now take more big shots instead of throwing 10 yard outs all game, so you'll see more 18/28, 240 yards instead of 24/28, 240 yards.

Aggressive Strip: Set "Strip Ball" for both you and the CPU to "Aggressive" in order to see some fumbles. Backs with poor carrying ratings will fumble a crap ton, use the cover ball button or even the conservative coaching adjustment.

QB AWR:If a QB has an awareness rating 90: He can send a man in motion, flip a play, call a hot route, call an audible, call slide protections.

Recruiting: Credit to JoshuaHuskers for this set of rules.

Opposition Edits: I highly recommend editing the equipment, appearance, and sometimes names of the opponents before the game. I generally edit anyone who's going to get time, I hate the way the game generates player's equipment (100 pad height, neck pad, standard sleeves combo is awful), and I hate seeing running backs/defensive backs/wide receivers being 50% white and kickers/punters seemingly being 75% black. I also see WAY too many black pocket passers and white uber-athletic scramblers, so some of those will get switched. (Not all, Dwayne Haskins exists, as does Johnny Manziel.)

Rating edits: I'm very liberal with editing ratings. Way too many corners with 90+ speed, but low-mid 80s for AGI/ACC, extremly unrealistic. Too many 6'5, 220 pound wideouts with low SPC/CIT, but great RTE. Too many athletic linebackers with AGI in the 50s and 60s. I edit these for my own team, for elites around the nation, and for my upcoming opponents. I'll also sometimes take a player and just make him a project. 5'10, 220 pound HB with great speed? Time to up that trucking a bit and see if he can blossom into a beast. Tall QB with poor accuracy? Might give him a cannon arm for the hell of it. 6'4, 230 pound athletic QB? Up that trucking and BTK to the 70s, he'll terrorize DBs in the open field. I'll also edit builds to make a guy's build make sense relative to his ratings, a 6'4, 230 pound run stopping DE for instance will go to 260-270.

QB Strength: This is something I'm only just starting to play with, but STR has a major impact on the pass trajectories a QB can throw. Elite QBs should have high 60s-low 70s strength, and elite, strong-arm guys should go up to high 70s, even low 80s. Do it for your QBs, and pregame for each opponent. I haven't fine tuned this yet.

Last edited by young22; 01-02-2021 at 11:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove