View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 11:14 PM   #4
MCSavage
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This forum makes it confusing on whether NBA 2K22 is good for an average joe game

I am playing NBA 2K22 as a single player game as well and for me it is not really ... fun. Yes, the defense is a lot tougher than last year and they got rid of the dumb shot timing mechanic, that made the simplest and most used aspect of basketball unnecessarily difficult, but NBA 2K21 was, simply put, fun. Your dribbles mattered, you could shoot midrange shots/try different positions for shooting, other people complained about the blow bys, but for me that perfectly captured today's real NBA, where defense is probably not the main focus and drives to the hoop are plentiful. CPU made mistakes when shooting and I used to play on HOF difficulty and thanks to the blow bys the drive and kick game was awesome.

But NBA 2K22 took that feeling away. It simply was not fun for me out of the box. 2K ramped up the defense, so everybody plays really tight defense and CPU defenders stay with you almost always, making your dribbles pointless, because they simply slide-shuffle perfectly everywhere, making you pick up the ball. Blow bys are non-existent and even Jonas Valanciunas makes Ja Morant pick up the ball while driving. And CPU doesn't miss shots. Especially if they get even a tiny bit of space. I have had many games where the CPU shoots 60+% from the floor and 70+% from the three.

So given that the CPU is near flawless, you need to be that as well to keep up with them, so naturally you start to use shots/plays that work and that gets boring.

BUT... a few days ago I punched in Schnaidt01's slider set and the game feels a lot better. Now I am exploring changing a few sliders to bring the blow bys back. So there is hope for NBA 2K22, but at least for me, it is not really as fun as NBA 2K21 was. I hope the Schnaidt's slider set helps, but if it doesn't, I'm going back to 2K21.

Last edited by MCSavage; 09-30-2021 at 11:18 PM.