View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 03:09 PM   #1
PunkMonk
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

OVR: 0
If you're able to, switching to Madden on PC is your best bet.

You've possibly seen me advocating for Madden on PC in various threads on OperationSports. I wanted to make this clear for the public to see and for those who just may not know of the possibilities that exist on Madden PC with mods. I'm on the forums a few times a week and constantly see threads in regards to this needs to be fixed or that needs to be fixed or I wish I had this or that, and in a good amount of situations, it's been improved on or could be possibly improved on. By no means is PC Madden with mods a perfect game, but, it's a far more enjoyable game in both the areas of gameplay, cosmetics/visuals, and AI team management. All which lead to a more enjoyable franchise experience or play now if that's your thing.

I can only imagine how much further we could push things with a larger community. Currently, we have only ONE gameplay mod, by Sabo, due to his deep understanding and education/skills as a coder/developer for a lack of better terminology. I also truly believe us "fixing" things that EA hasn't and then presenting them virally like, "Hey, EA, look what we did to your game with the far less internal knowledge or resources," EA would probably try to get it shut down to no success, but be forced to light a fire under their asses and get the right team and leadership over the Madden title dev team.

With that said.. here's a list of things that have been addressed, improved, or discovered by the PC community that I often see discussed.

AI QB Draft Logic: highly improved upon. Not 100% perfect, it's still a game, but far better than OOB Madden. It's just a poorly written script on the back end of draft logic that needs attention to detail.

OC/DC coach hiring as HC and HC being hired as OC/DC: This is the newest thing I've seen Sabo unlock, but still being worked on. The fact that he even cracked this is amazing. Can't wait for that in the next update.

Scoreboards: NBS, CBS, ESPN, FOX.. check. Shoutout TheBleedingRed and m111.

Stadiums: Real-life ads and jumbotron thanks to Aholbert.

Playbook improvements: updated run/pass ratios, formations, etc.

CPU clock management: No huddle urgency, defensive timeouts starting at 3 minutes instead of under 2 minutes, 4th down attempts, etc.

Penalties: Have been increased, but this and injuries still have so much more potential to grow. The right person or team putting time and effort into this could truly get this closer to what we see on Sunday. I have a personal mod for this that hasn't been tuned to the T, but I've had as many as 12 penalties in a game.

Many other gameplay updates: Ball trajectory, updated archetypes, WR/DB interaction, ball carrier skills, etc.

Progression: No more XP. Tdawg who some probably know, created an amazing tool that replicates real-life for better than an XP system. Now you can actually see rookies or certain guys make that explosion onto the scene. Wouldn't it be nice if that 69 overall DB you took in the 4th round actually hit his potential in year 1 or 2 and climbed to a 78 in that time, rather than the slooooow 3-4 points you might be able to gain in XP?

Stats: Sim stats far closer to NFL numbers. thanks to Sinthros

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...hise-file.html

Roster Management:
"-Disabled in season ability to resign players to expand on FA
-Revamped trade value. Draft picks are based on real-life charting and I matched overalls to it. Increased how AI valued rookies and first-year contract players.
-Revamped the roster ranking grading system to improve how teams evaluate needs.
-Increased QB trade value from other positions
-Changed QB production-grade weight from touchdowns to QB Rating.
-Increased AI trading with each other during the season
-Decreased chances of teams signing lower-rated free agents
-Increased teams chances of releasing older overpaid players
-Increased chances of higher rated players being signed
-Increased how many players get offered deals in FA
-Increased value for higher-rated older free agents
-Increased outbidding chances in offseason FA
-Increased min requirement of active players
-Increased practice squad stealing"

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...2-edition.html

Also, review that to see other updates on scouting and drafting logic.

Morale system: this is redone. You know how your CB's are overinflated come late in the year because you get that weekly +2 morale for 0 catches allowed.. turn the **** off lol. It's done.

Real OC/DC: updated photo's etc

and then all sorts of stuff like cleats, mouthpieces, towels, uniforms, etc.

The gameplay mod itself digs into things like how certain zones or coverages are played, blocking, RB ability, tackling, etc.

This is not me saying "Hey, come play the PC mod!" This is me advocating for the potential that can be unlocked by the community until EA does this themselves and is no longer needed. Where are all the dev guys at? And for casuals who just want a better experience, it also checks that box as well. Again, there's just one gameplay mod out there right now, which is amazing and highly increases the experience, there should also be lots of variety for people with different tastes. Would love to see more people enjoy the game and also see the PC community grow.

For those interested in checking out the community, check the discord which I'll link below.

https://discord.gg/eA7ARJc

Soon Madden 22 will be available for free monthly under the EA Play umbrella.. might not be a bad time to check it out.

Last edited by PunkMonk; 01-07-2022 at 03:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove