Home

FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2018, 12:44 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

Welcome:
What can I say, but "Welcome" to another year of the beauty that is the FIFA Operation Sports Sliders thread. If you are here, it means you are after one thing, and that is realism in FIFA. It has been quite the journey in getting FIFA to play realistic, and some will say it is a pursuit that is never-ending, and they would probably be right. Despite that sentiment, this thread gets created, and we dig in to find different ways to make this game as great as it can be.

Brief History and Origin:
People ask me how this idea was started. It basically came down to myself and good friend Orion, who were working on our own FIFA sliders separately. Someone in one of my Twitch streams made the suggestion to maybe collaborate. I had not thought if that would be possible considering I didn't really know his approach, and if he knew mine. This difference of approach though allowed there to be a good balance in the sets we created. I would always test the absolute thresholds, while Orion would stay within/near default values. This ended up working great, and we have been working together since FIFA 15.

How we test:
Always in Career Mode. You are investing in sliders for a reason, and most of the time that is to play in Career Mode. So, it only makes sense to test in that same environment. With so many values to be looked at, and those values being in 1 point increments, it is very easy to come up with multiple versions of sliders. We will always test on Default first, then identify the main areas to look at. From there, it's about collaborating and finding workarounds for those problem areas. With sliders, it is always a balancing act, fix one thing - potentially break the next.

Version Format:
As I said this thread moves fast, and versions get updated. My goal is to always make less versions, but we're at the mercy of 1) EA's updates, and 2) Our own curiosity in determining the best values.

This year, I will be using the format in which the Version number is determined first, then a Beta number follows. For example, the first version will be Version 1, Beta 1; so it will read as : "V1B1", and down the road Version 6, Beta 2 will read "V6B2". As soon as it is determined that the version is "final", it will simply, for example, be called Version 6 Final, or "V6Final". I will make sure the OP is updated in a log format, so everyone is on the same page.

Helpful Reminders:
As always, remember that the thread moves very fast. I will do my best to update this Original Post as much as possible. I have learned a lot about how to be the "project manager" of this whole thing, so if I do not respond to every post, it is either because it got lost in the shuffle, or that replying to it would deter the thread from achieving the goal of establishing a slider set.

The Main Rules of the Thread:
1. Do not post your own full set. This deters the entire thread. All slider values are relative to one another, so if we see a value like 30 pass speed with a line length of 70, then that's not relevant to someone using a 50 pass speed with a line length of 35. It's better to leave it out of the thread, and create your own.

2. Feedback in Animation. The Match Stats only give so much information. Telling us the CPU has 99% passing is not helpful. Were they passing the ball through the backline the entire time? Details are important, and throughout the years I have asked for details in animations. What this means is simply "What do you see"? Is the CPU having that high passing because your defending players are too slow? Too far away? Too wide? In the end, VIDEO NEVER LIES, so if you have video to provide - please do so. That will save so much time and less of a Q&A.

3. We are not your customer service. This is a collaboration space. Noone is being paid here by EA. Provide feedback because you want to help, not because you feel entitled to let us do all the hard work and you sit back and criticize.

4. Respect eachother. Thankfully, we have not run into this issue as much, but there have been times where it's close. First, regarding myself, I am the project manager here. What that means is I am going for a goal, and discussion about conspiracies, theories or ET is not going to be helpful. Secondly, we all have opinions and some know how to filter them, some do not. There is a message there, so do not get offended if someone disagrees with you. We love the game, and just want what is best for it - so keep it civil!
--------------------
--------------------
Changelog & Updates:

2/26/2019: Set Version 9, Beta 1 (V9B1) created and posted. Very slight modification from V8B1.
1/14/2019: Set Version 8, Beta 1 (V8B1) created and posted. Very slight modification from V7B1.
12/20/2018: Set Version 7, Beta 1 (V7B1) created and posted. Credit to Dbaja22 for subtle change in values.
12/8/2018: Set Version 6, Beta 1 finalized to Final (V6F) created and posted.
12/8/2018: Set Version 6, Beta 1 (V6B1) created and posted.
11/27/2018: Set Version 5, Beta 1 (V5B1) created and posted.
11/17/2018: Set Version 4, Beta 1 (V4B1) created and posted.
11/12/2018: Set Version 3, Beta 1 (V3B1) is still in effect post-patch. Please test with it.
11/3/2018: Set Version 3, Beta 1 (V3B1) created and posted.
10/30/2018: Set Version 2, Beta 3 (V2B3) is still in effect post-patch. Please test with it.
10/19/2018: Set Version 2, Beta 3 (V2B3) created and posted.
10/14/2018: Set Version 2, Beta 2 (V2B2) created and posted.
10/11/2018: Set Version 2, Beta 1 (V2B1) created and posted.
10/10/2018: Post patch 1.02 is now out for all platforms. DEFAULT SLIDERS suggested for now.
10/03/2018: Post patch 1.02. Advised to use DEFAULT sliders for now. Enjoy.
9/28/2018: Set V1B4 created and posted (multiple adjustments)
9/27/2018: Set V1B3 created and posted (multiple adjustments)
9/23/2018: Set V1B2 created and posted (adjustment to marking from 40 to 48)
9/22/2018: Set V1B1 created and posted
9/18/2018: Created FIFA 19 OS Slider thread
--------------------
--------------------
Timestamp: 2/26/2019 --- 6:32 PM CST
2/26/2019: Set Version 9, Beta 1 (V9B1) created and posted. Slight modifications to shape from Version 8 Beta 1.

√ The overall base that version 7 and 8 brought continues here, with some slight modifications to Height and Width, and the marking from version 8 goes back from 55 to 50.

Please read through my explanations, and do not forget to read the RULES before posting feedback.

FIFA 19 OS Sliders - Set V9B1
Difficulty
: Pro, World Class, Legendary, Ultimate
Time: 6-15 minute halves
Speed: Slow or Normal
Controls: Any

Sprint Speed: 35/35
- No changes. Good value where there is still enough speed, but animations are much more controlled. Also good physicality is recognized.

Acceleration: 50/50
- No changes here.

Shot Error: 58/60
- No changes. Slight increase in shot error allows much more of a less on rails approach to shooting. Seen some contextual animations of the players' body angles and positioning. Still plenty of wonder goals are a possibility. Adjust as you see fit.

Pass Error: 52/56
- No changes. A good suggestion to increase pass error here as it helps the AI logic in their passing. We know a higher pass error will make this happen, but there is always a chance of it affecting some basic play. Thankfully, this adjustment finds a good balance overall.

Shot Speed: 49/49
- No changes. We raised this value to get the shots in sync. Before at 47, the keeper was starting to save shots before they even reached him. Made for some strange animations and goals conceded. Considering how high we have shot error, there needs to be some power in shots - even if wild - because the chances of powerful wild shots happening IRL are higher than constant soft shots.

Pass Speed: 45/45
- No changes. The patch update increased pass speed just a bit than before, so lowering it makes sense. Cannot go too low because it will feel lethargic throughout the pitch, and the only fix is significantly lowering the pass error to compensate.

Injury Frequency: 65/65
- No changes. Lowered this value back what we have used in the past. Always open to testing.

Injury Severity: 15/15
- No changes. Lowered this value back what we have used in the past. Always open to testing.

GK Ability: 50/50 (from 49/49)
- This patch update resynced the keeper animation to react in-time, and was no longer early or late. When the value is lowered, we get a late response, and when raised, it is an early response, to the shot speed. Wanting to keep the good physics of 49, we want to reduce the flailing about by defaulting back to 50.

Marking: 50/50 (from 55/55)
- Dropped this value a bit to help with the over-marking and losing shape that seemed to have occurred a lot. Adjusting height and width will also further support this change, not to mention the CTTs being able to take over when needed.

Run Frequency: 0/0
- No changes. We have tend to keep this at a singular value to avoid any disruption in code that 0 seems to cause at times (0 usually means to cancel something out), but in testing, this does make runs a bit smarter and paired up with the pass values, there is less directness in passing by the CPU.

⦿ The Height, Length and Width (HLW) values are significant this year with the CTT's. We are still treading quite carefully here on veering too far away from default unless absolutely necessary.

Height: 50/50 (from 65/65)
- Had to adjust this one quite a bit to get things less cramped between the defensive line and midfield. Started to see the outside midfielders tuck too narrow, thus giving up width and made it quite easy to switch the field.

Length: 34/35
- This was the subtle change. Basically I had seen that the CPU was instantly trying to exploit the USER constantly. It was direct driven passes to the forwards ala FIFA 17, and was getting tiresome. This was due to the fact that the USER's midfielders were too tight, regardless of marking, and being nudged out of position due to momentum alone. With this value discrepancy it creates the impact of the USER's midfield being in front of the ball.

Width: 55/55 (from 49/49)
- Again, it gets a bit narrow, even with the adjustment to height and the marking. The width allows proper overlaps by the fullbacks as well.

FB Positioning: 35/35
- No changes. Lowered the FB position because height is higher, and length is lower, so it's naturally compressed and the FB is involved by default. Can't go too high or they will be caught upfield and it will be an attempt at exploits each attack.

FT Control: 70/71
- Raised this value as the higher FT brings in a sense of making the ball more alive. We have pass speed fairly low already, so every trap is perfectly cushioned at lower FT values. Makes for a bit of a "soft" game versus any kind of human element that the matches should require. Makes a good difference in creating a lot of random occurrences like footy tends to do. The discrepancy here is to address the CPU's ability to tackle perfectly foot-to-ball and hopefully the discrepancy helps more silly fouls to happen. This is not proven and simply something I would like us to look at.
--------------------
--------------------
Streamers (Twitch, YouTube, etc): Please message me or post in the thread to be added!
http://twitch.tv/matt10l
- On this one you can type in !sliders in the chatbox, and the most recently streamed set will show.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Matt10L_SimSnobsFC
https://www.youtube.com/channel/FulhamFocus
https://www.twitch.tv/laxing_
https://www.twitch.tv/Goblue81188
https://www.twitch.tv/Aaron458f
https://www.twitch.tv/Velocityy

--------------------
--------------------
Version Logs:
--------------------

[b]Set Version 8, Beta 1[b]
Spoiler

Set Version 7, Beta 1
Spoiler

Set Version 6 Final
Spoiler

Set Version 5 Beta 1
Spoiler

Set Version 4 Beta 1
Spoiler

Set Version 3 Beta 1
Spoiler

Set Version 2 Beta 3
Spoiler

Set Version 2 Beta 2

Spoiler

Set Version 2 Beta 1

Spoiler

Set Version 1 Beta 4

Spoiler

Set Version 1 Beta 3:

Spoiler

Set Version 1, Beta 2:
Spoiler

Set Version 1, Beta 1:
Spoiler

--------------------
FIFA OS Sliders Archive:

FIFA 18 OS Sliders
FIFA 17 OS Sliders
FIFA 16 OS Sliders
FIFA 15 OS Sliders
--------------------

Last edited by Matt10; 02-26-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 04:16 AM   #2
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 19 OS Community Sliders

Here we go again! Welcome back lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2018, 08:56 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Welcome back..can not wait for streams to start. Hope all are well.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread...

Old 09-19-2018, 11:48 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Streaming on the PC:

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 12:48 PM   #6
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Streaming on the PC:

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Looking forward to hear your review of the full release.

A couple things I'm most concerned about after playing the demo: ball size, players being overly responsive and animations doing impossible things, is it satisfying scoring or is it still too easy, does the ball bounce when passing or slide across the pitch, does the CPU play too much first touch passing game.

I think my biggest issue is that after playing PES, when playing FIFA it doesn't feel like I'm controlling real footballers. Part of that is the stick figure player models with super fast leg movement and I don't expect that to have changed. But in the beta players weren't so overly responsive, they had more weight to them, and movement in general felt more realistic. Any changes to that?

Cheers. Fingers crossed that this is gonna be a good year.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #7
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

OVR: 0

It’s like the run up to Christmas for me . Getting excited reading about what has been found before I can try it next Friday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #8
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
It’s like the run up to Christmas for me . Getting excited reading about what has been found before I can try it next Friday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Me too. I am so pumped.

The game will undoubtedly have it's flaws, but I have so much fun playing every year. Really looking forward to the added immersion via the Champions League.

(And Europa League for year 1 Arsenal LOL)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »