Home

Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread

This is a discussion on Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #33
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Top Spin 4 Impressions/Questions Thread

Code Instructions...

360 - http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ravecode/...n4_360RAVE.pdf

PS3 - http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ravecode/...n4_PS3RAVE.pdf

it will show up as Agassi's 3rd Outfit

Last edited by Panicshade; 03-15-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #34
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

This game is absolutely incredible! I am currently the #1 player in the world on Xbox, and am loving every minute of playing this game. Earlier, I hit my first 'Tweener' to win a set with Retro Aggasi. It was an awesome shot!

As far as online goes, after about 35-40 matches so far, it seems as though Andy Roddick is the best player to use. The serving is unbeatable! I typically get at least 1 or 2 aces per serving game. I end up with around 10-14 for the game.

Last edited by bigball12; 03-15-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 PM   #35
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Just got done playing a match on Very Hard in Career Mode. My player (currently level 6) versus Yuri Denisov (a level 3 guy). I won 6-2 6-1. Here's the stats.

Me/Denisov
1st serve %: 75%/90%
Win % on 1st serve: 76%/49%
Win % on 2nd serve: 57%/33%
Aces: 1/2
No double faults
Winners: 39/24
Unforced Errors: 8/14
Break Points won: 4/8 / 0/0
Net Points Won: 2/5 / 0/0
Total Points Won: 59/36

Denisov played a lot sloppier in the 2nd set, probably had about 10 unforced errors in the 2nd set as you could just tell he was worn out. He's also the first person I've played that only attempted to rush to the net once and that was just because I had floated up a duck of a shot for him to smash (which I ended up saving and later getting a winner anyway).

I'm expecting the competition to be much more difficult when I play someone my own level because honestly, it was more competitive on Hard than it was in this match (although I swear Denisov forced me into a Deuce almost every game).
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 24

Ok just played a few exhibition matches and hard is a good challenge for me so far. Great, great gameplay, very strategic and the cutscenes are superb in game.

I was Lendl against Blake in a full 3\5 sets. I lost the 1st 2 sets 6-4 6-3 (didn't really play the demo that much so I'm still learning) but by the 3rd set the unforced errors started piling up for Blake as he got tired and even the cut scenes showed him huffing and puffing with a sweaty shirt. Fatigue is definately tied to unforced errors. And it was easier to get winners by Blake because he was getting tired and his range was less.

Still lost the 3rd set 7-5 but Blake had more unforced errors in the 3rd set than the 1st 2 combined and fatigue is not the same across the board as Lendl was running around alot more in the match but he always had superb conditioning in his prime and had more stamina by the end of the match. So it looks like if you wanna be a power guy you better win your matches quick or you'll be gassed by the 5th set.

Play a match with real settings and you will see the effects as the match wears on. This will be great for career mode when you play the majors.

It might not have all the bells and whistles of other sports games but gameplay is top notch so far, career looks steller, presentation and atmosphere is fantastic and online should be pretty good. It's got everything that TS3 didn't. If you're a sim gamer and like tennis this is a must have just from my initial impressions from gameply. I don't care that we can only create 4 players and I don't care how many make wrist bands that Nadal has, for all the important stuff in a sports title TS4 is passing with flying colors so far.

And I love how positioning is so important in getting the most powerful and accurate shot. If you don't play smart you're gonna lose. They weren't lying when they said it's easy to learn but difficult to master.

I'll be playing this all nite just on exhibition. **** and I have to get up early for work tomorrow. I hate why devs pick Tuesday to release games. It should be Friday. So much better for my health.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 03-15-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
Code Instructions...

360 - http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ravecode/...n4_360RAVE.pdf

PS3 - http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ravecode/...n4_PS3RAVE.pdf

it will show up as Agassi's 3rd Outfit
this being a 1 time download, is there any way to back this up just in case you uninstall/reinstall the game?
Old 03-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #38
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
this being a 1 time download, is there any way to back this up just in case you uninstall/reinstall the game?
Since this is DLC it will stay in your Marketplace or PSN download history
Old 03-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #39
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcats

Also, I just remembered this. The rating system is flat out bad. Everyone a 20, except the two young guns?
20 just means that they've reached their highest level.

The same works in Career Mode. You start off low and have to work yourself up to a Level 20.

It's not an overall rating, I guess is the way to put it. It's a Level.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 24

Now don't quote me on this guys but I remember reading somewhere (one of those dev diaries I'm pretty sure) about once your own CAP that you put thru career mode reaches level 20 then you can create many other CAPS that automatically are at level 20 as well. It made it sound like you could create more than the 4 slots they have now, or at least it suggested that. So maybe once your CAP reaches 20 it creates additional slots.

It just seems kinda weird that this game has a 4.9 GB install yet has so little slots open for CAPS.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »