Home

Elite XC Saturday Night: Kimbo vs. Shammy

This is a discussion on Elite XC Saturday Night: Kimbo vs. Shammy within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #89

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Elite XC Saturday Night: Kimbo vs. Shammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
I didn't mean that in the literal sense. Like you said, he's going to get destroyed if he does get his wish of fighting Lawler.
I knew what you meant, I was just pointing out how idiotic he was for being so confident like he had a shot of beating Lawler is all.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:41 PM   #90
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Kimbo's career won't be over because of one loss. Every fighter gets KO'd sooner or later. Now if he starts loosing several in a row, that might be a different story. I still hope he fights Shamrock. They need to make a deal that the looser of Shamrock / Kimbo can not fight ever again. EVER !

What will probably happen is they feed Kimbo some no name for his next fight.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:06 PM   #91

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Kimbo's career won't be over because of one loss. Every fighter gets KO'd sooner or later. Now if he starts loosing several in a row, that might be a different story. I still hope he fights Shamrock. They need to make a deal that the looser of Shamrock / Kimbo can not fight ever again. EVER !

What will probably happen is they feed Kimbo some no name for his next fight.
But how long can EliteXc stay in business? Kimbo wont fight for a minimum of 3 months I would think and because of that small cut he will probably have to get doctor clearance anyways. With the CBS deal ending and the constant loss of money, Elite isnt going to last long unless Affliction suddenly teams up with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 07:15 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
But how long can EliteXc stay in business? Kimbo wont fight for a minimum of 3 months I would think and because of that small cut he will probably have to get doctor clearance anyways. With the CBS deal ending and the constant loss of money, Elite isnt going to last long unless Affliction suddenly teams up with them.
who knows how long Elite will last. Just saying Kimbo's career is not over because of one loss. He'll fight again.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #93

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
who knows how long Elite will last. Just saying Kimbo's career is not over because of one loss. He'll fight again.
I agree and he really needs to get away from EliteXc if ever wants to have a shot at being taken seriously. Hearing the announcers still introducing him as the "street fighting legend" does no favors for him at all and it makes the entire thing seem like a trip to the local circus. He shouldnt have taken that fight last night but because of this stupid moniker that he is the "street fighting legend" he probably felt obligated, not to mention that he was fighting in his hometown they said so Im sure he felt some sort of obligation to fight anyways.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #94
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

yeah, his crew asked for more money to still fight and they got it. The probably regret that now.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #95

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
yeah, his crew asked for more money to still fight and they got it. The probably regret that now.
Yeah thats what I read, notice how it wasnt mentioned on the show though? That would be the complete opposite of how they are trying to promote him with the "He will fight anyone, anywhere, anytime" garbage. It should be more like "He will fight any tomato can, anywhere, anytime*)

* As long as there is extra money involved for late notification.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 09:31 PM   #96
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Jake Shields would get owned by a guy with quality standup or top level BJJ. Most guys don't let a guy sit on them in the guard like that, it was amazingly dumb.

Kimbo finally showed that the hype was garbage. A crap guy just decimated him off the bat. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him as we go on, but I'm damn glad he's not a main eventer anymore.

Can anyone tell me what Arlovski gains from fighting a fat guy with no cardio?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »