Home

Elite XC Saturday Night: Kimbo vs. Shammy

This is a discussion on Elite XC Saturday Night: Kimbo vs. Shammy within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #57
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Elite XC Saturday Night: Kimbo vs. Shammy

Wow. Just wow. After watching the replay countless times I can't believe that jab knocked Kimbo out. That was pathetic.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #58
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Something wierd about the fight. He got dazed on a jab from a person falling back paralyzed by fear. It almost looked fixed.

There are some guys who can't take pressure and he is got to be one of them.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:33 AM   #59

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

They just started showing this here so I have yet to see any of the fights except Rua getting knocked out but knowing that Kimbo gets knocked out is enough to keep me watching. From what Ive heard, it sounds like Arlovski didnt look that good in the first round and then just beat the hell out of Nelson. Sounds like a better show then the last 2 shows but I get the feeling, from what Im hearing that is, that tonight EliteXc basically peaked and has nowhere to go but down from here.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:52 AM   #60
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

So long, Elite.

Glad to see Kimbo exposed, but you do feel for him in a way as I'm sure Elite really pressured him to fight Petruzelli, who was a much more dangerous opponent than Shamrock.

I do hope we get to see Cyborg-Carano before they fold.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-05-2008, 12:57 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 13

Instant Karma is going to get you. Did anyone else notice Petruzelli asking for security when leaving the ring? I don't know if he was scared of the crowd or Slice's posse but he wanted to make sure that his *** was covered either way. Not that bad of a card but still nothing compared to a weak UFC card.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 12:59 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Something wierd about the fight. He got dazed on a jab from a person falling back paralyzed by fear. It almost looked fixed.
Yeah the only thing I can think of is that on the punch is that he got hit/poked in the eye. Kimbo came right at him and then he went right down. I thought they were going to stop it for the elbow to the back of the head. Something just seemed up, maybe EXC or CBS made him fight and he said fine I'll lose. The way the cut opened up right away, he had to get a nail to the head or those gloves are very rough.

He shouldn't have taken this fight, I don't think a top fighter would. This was a move of a lower level fighter who needs the exposure and/or experience. I think he is too old to learn how to fight correctly and not quick enough to be a top fighter.

I didn't get to watch it on HD, but I did notice something come flying off the other guy's right glove when he was hitting Kimbo while he was on the ground. Could you tell if it was just his glove coming undone or something else?
Old 10-05-2008, 01:20 AM   #63

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Did I hear Tito say that he is a week away from signing with EliteXc? What the hell for? Does he not want a challenge and would rather beat up on garbage fighters? Already hints that he is going to fight Frank Shamrock, and I couldnt care less. Watch, Tito signs and EliteXc goes broke a week later and then hes forced to either run to Affliction or retire.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:26 AM   #64
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Could the commentating be any more rediculous? The dude was yelling like Seth knocked out God or something. This win doesn't catapault him into superstardom lol. We all knew Kimbo would get it sooner or later, it was just a matter of time. When I found out Shamrock was out of the fight I had a good feeling that this might happen. Lol @ Kimbo in the interview. He got a paycheck and now it's time to party, I ain't mad at him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »