Home

Casey Powell Lacrosse 16

This is a discussion on Casey Powell Lacrosse 16 within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2016, 09:40 PM   #57
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Casey Powell Lacrosse 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Did you create rosters because I am looking for some accurate college teams? And the top rated ones aren't accurate. If so, what system are you on?
In the process of creating them as we speak. So far Ive done Duke, Maryland, and Notre Dame. Each teams takes about an hour so it may take a few weeks if I dont get any help.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:41 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
In the process of creating them as we speak. So far Ive done Duke, Maryland, and Notre Dame. Each teams takes about an hour so it may take a few weeks if I dont get any help.
What system are you on? X1 or PS4?
Old 03-15-2016, 09:51 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Honestly the goalies are maybe a little overpowered. They will have save % well above 70%- sometimes in the 90s A save % over 50% is pretty good in real life for guys who don't know). Overall it's a really fun game though and anyone on the fence should check it out. The career mode has more depth than I ever expected.

I was going to ask- what are people running on offense/having success scoring goals with? I've been using the 2-2-2 bc I feel it gives me easy looks on the doorstep but I'd really like to run a 3-1-2 if I could figure the off-ball movement out.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:01 PM   #60
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Are the Goalies decent in this one? This is what's keeping me from buying the game right now because I saw some users mention that the GKs are bad. Is that true?
IMO goalies are way overpowered out of the box. Most lacrosse goalies save between 50% - 65% of shots. With the average being around 53%. With goalies at normal levels I was seeing save percentages in the 70's and 80's every single game. In the roster I'm currently making, for all college teams, the goalies are very low rated. Ive lowered all reactions, footwork, and agility for goalies down to between 32-41. With all 3 attributes at 32, I'm seeing save percentages of 40%-55% (your bad goalies). Goalies with all 3 attributes at 37 saving 50%-60% (your average goalie). Goalies with all 3 attributes at 41 saving about 55%-70% (your all-american goalies). With that being said I've also had to adjust shooting. Scorers all have shooting of 91+, it seems once you hit 91 you can score nearly everytime you put the ball on net. These are going to be your All-American scorers, guys who are scoring 2-3 goals every game. The next tier is for your above average scorers who score about a goal a game, maybe a little less. Their shooting attribute will be 76-89, and they'll be able to score about half the time they put the ball on net, maybe a little less. The next tier are your average players, this is where most guys will fall. These guys will range from 66-74, and will score but only on rare instances. The final tier is for worst offensive players, they rang from 52-64, and will almost never be able to get it past even the worse goalies.

So far I've only completed Duke, Maryland and Notre Dame. Im still trying to figure out how many minute quarters to play. But I know I will be playing on Junior level and play no switch D once the ball enters the box, in order to make the CPU offense more dangerous. The reason for this is I feel the CPIU is too overpowered on Senior on both sides of the ball and I'm too overpowered on sophomore. So on Junior, my offense is perfect, but the CPU still has a little trouble scoring themselves, that's why I got with the no switch rule.

Last two games I played were both vs Duke. Right now Im playing on 4 minute quarters but thinking of jumping to 6.

Duke (cpu) 9 @ Maryland (me) 4
Myles Jones -- 5 points, 5g
Fowler (Duke) -- 60 % sv percentage (attributes at 37)
Bernlohr (UMD) -- 54% sv (attributes also 37)

Duke (cpu) 6 @ Notre Dame (me) 7
Kavanagh -- 4 points, 2g, 2a
Fowler (Duke) -- 50% sv
Doss (ND) -- 62% sv (attributes at 41)

Last edited by tc020791; 03-15-2016 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:02 PM   #61
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
What system are you on? X1 or PS4?
Im currently on the PS4 my friend
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 11:39 PM   #62
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAustin1990
Honestly the goalies are maybe a little overpowered. They will have save % well above 70%- sometimes in the 90s A save % over 50% is pretty good in real life for guys who don't know). Overall it's a really fun game though and anyone on the fence should check it out. The career mode has more depth than I ever expected.

I was going to ask- what are people running on offense/having success scoring goals with? I've been using the 2-2-2 bc I feel it gives me easy looks on the doorstep but I'd really like to run a 3-1-2 if I could figure the off-ball movement out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
IMO goalies are way overpowered out of the box. Most lacrosse goalies save between 50% - 65% of shots. With the average being around 53%. With goalies at normal levels I was seeing save percentages in the 70's and 80's every single game. In the roster I'm currently making, for all college teams, the goalies are very low rated. Ive lowered all reactions, footwork, and agility for goalies down to between 32-41. With all 3 attributes at 32, I'm seeing save percentages of 40%-55% (your bad goalies). Goalies with all 3 attributes at 37 saving 50%-60% (your average goalie). Goalies with all 3 attributes at 41 saving about 55%-70% (your all-american goalies). With that being said I've also had to adjust shooting. Scorers all have shooting of 91+, it seems once you hit 91 you can score nearly everytime you put the ball on net. These are going to be your All-American scorers, guys who are scoring 2-3 goals every game. The next tier is for your above average scorers who score about a goal a game, maybe a little less. Their shooting attribute will be 76-89, and they'll be able to score about half the time they put the ball on net, maybe a little less. The next tier are your average players, this is where most guys will fall. These guys will range from 66-74, and will score but only on rare instances. The final tier is for worst offensive players, they rang from 52-64, and will almost never be able to get it past even the worse goalies.

So far I've only completed Duke, Maryland and Notre Dame. Im still trying to figure out how many minute quarters to play. But I know I will be playing on Junior level and play no switch D once the ball enters the box, in order to make the CPU offense more dangerous. The reason for this is I feel the CPIU is too overpowered on Senior on both sides of the ball and I'm too overpowered on sophomore. So on Junior, my offense is perfect, but the CPU still has a little trouble scoring themselves, that's why I got with the no switch rule.

Last two games I played were both vs Duke. Right now Im playing on 4 minute quarters but thinking of jumping to 6.

Duke (cpu) 9 @ Maryland (me) 4
Myles Jones -- 5 points, 5g
Fowler (Duke) -- 60 % sv percentage (attributes at 37)
Bernlohr (UMD) -- 54% sv (attributes also 37)

Duke (cpu) 6 @ Notre Dame (me) 7
Kavanagh -- 4 points, 2g, 2a
Fowler (Duke) -- 50% sv
Doss (ND) -- 62% sv (attributes at 41)
Good impression guys. I'd like to know a little more about college coaching career.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 03-15-2016, 11:58 PM   #63
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Good impression guys. I'd like to know a little more about college coaching career.

I'm honestly having a blast with this game. Just finished making VMI, who will more than likely be the worst team in the game. I believe off the top of my head they are ; 55 Def -- 61 Mid -- 60 Att. Keep in mind defenses are going to be rated much lower with my change to goalies. Right now too D's will be around 75, with top goalies around 50 OVR.

I'm about to play VMI vs MD. I'll post the box score when finished .
Old 03-16-2016, 12:36 AM   #64
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Casey Powell Lacrosse 16

Got complacent in the second half and almost let this one get away from me, though I did lead wire to wire. Played on 6 minute quarters which seemed perfect.

I was Maryland

First Half

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458102954.196085.jpg

Final

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458102964.980296.jpg

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »