Home

Backbreaker PC Editor 1.3 (6/13 Update)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker PC Editor 1.3 (6/13 Update) within the Backbreaker Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #65
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
re: Backbreaker PC Editor 1.3 (6/13 Update)

well i did not know they had no faces under the visors. learn something new every day lol..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 4

there are faces under the visors thats whats weird, eyes and all. if you really pay attention when the players are getting up off the grass and the camera gives you a good angle you will see the eyes moving around and i have seen this like six or seven times. its the same face every time. maybe they ran out of time to vary the faces, but there are faces pay close attention and you will see.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #67
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
they did that so they wouldnt have to make faces underneath those visors
Kinda makes sense to me seeing that the focus and attention was to make possibly the most unique and best ground breaking Football game to date.

I think their point was to actually create a game focusing on what we've craved for that being the core and physics of the game itself as far as faces go that can be implimented at a later time and date right now I think creating the game in its most pure form is being delt with the right way...create a Football title that has potential and growth to stand apart from anything eles out there currently...they've made their point its the most and best way to do this...focus on the Game of Football, eye candy bells and whistles can come later faces aren't really a priority here at least not yet just my opinion the developers are headed in the right direction with room for improvements to the games core.

Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 06-09-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: deleted second post it was repetative.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

There is definitely faces. They just don't vary from player to player. There is even advertisements in the stadiums of players without their helmets on.

― Plato
Old 06-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #69
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

So, to get back on topic, are there any more impressions out there using adjusted attributes. Really hoping this can make the cpu more competitive because not hearing much out of NM or 505 in the way of a patch.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #70
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
So, to get back on topic, are there any more impressions out there using adjusted attributes. Really hoping this can make the cpu more competitive because not hearing much out of NM or 505 in the way of a patch.
I've seen the CPU QB being much more accurate, with focus adjusted and also cutting the agility of the defenders. However, I'm still seeing a good amount of sacks and there are occasional games where the CPU will throw 4-5 picks.
The key here is, that it has been toned down. I'm trying different combinations of ratings adjustments for offense and defense to find a balance.

Once I can find a balance, I'll set ranges so that every team doesn't have the same ratings and there will be some variation...instead of every team having equal ratings.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #71
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
I've seen the CPU QB being much more accurate, with focus adjusted and also cutting the agility of the defenders. However, I'm still seeing a good amount of sacks and there are occasional games where the CPU will throw 4-5 picks.
The key here is, that it has been toned down. I'm trying different combinations of ratings adjustments for offense and defense to find a balance.

Once I can find a balance, I'll set ranges so that every team doesn't have the same ratings and there will be some variation...instead of every team having equal ratings.

Turnovers aside, can they move the ball any more effectively? That has been my main issue although the turnovers work to kill drives and keep the cpu from scoring. I have been able to tone the sacks back through various means (both teams combining for an average of 4 per game) but the cpu still can't regularly move the ball on me enough to provide a real threat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 11

Okay guys, I ran an initial test using Finn's editor.

I took a created team and pumped off their offensive starters ratings to for every rating, with the exception of lineman, who were bumped up to 95.

For its opponent (the team I would use), I lowered the defense lineman ratings to 10. I set linebackers at 60 and all CB/S at 65.

I was trying to use a relatively extreme case to see if I could get the CPU offense to be competent. I'd tried half a game previously with the defensive line at 50 for all ratings, and they STILL got five sacks in a half.

Well, this time was different. Even using 5-minute quarters, I was behind 34-3 at half, and the CPU had 295 yards total offense. No interceptions. No sacks.

I did limit myself to using Cover 2 zones, but I was doing that in previous test games, too.

The CPU QB, with more time to throw, was throwing many more intermediate passes, and he even threw a bomb (the first one I've seen).

There are certainly A.I. issues with the shipping version of the game, but it certainly looks like we can use ratings adjustments to "fix" some of them.

I'm going to copy two existing teams, just modify and DL/OL ratings, and see how the game plays. I'd like to make the fewest changes possible to get a well-played game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker > Backbreaker Rosters »