Home

Backbreaker Trailer: On the Field

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Trailer: On the Field within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #33
Pro

Senor_Herbatron's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Trailer: On the Field

Game definitely looks solid. I hope you have the ability to edit teams, logos, etc....

I'll definitely be checking this game out.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #34
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Player models are beyond horrible but the locomotion looks pretty good.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: New Back Breaker Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
And why does Madden say its simulation football? Stupid if you ask me.

exactly,Madden is nothing close to simulation football. All Pro 2k8 did a much better job simulating football than EA ever did or could. I dont care about the license,all that matters to me is playing real football and backbreaker is by far more impressive than Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtz
Game definitely looks solid. I hope you have the ability to edit teams, logos, etc....

I'll definitely be checking this game out.
I'm guessing you have the ability to edit all that stuff. It's been confirmed you can edit logos.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 30
I'll re-state what I've said about the reasoning behind this game - Proof of concept for EA. I still believe this game was only created at the request of EA when EA turned down Natural Motion, initially. The condition was that if Nat. Mot. could create a viable football game with the Euphoria engine they would bring it in for a future Madden. There was no way EA would bring this engine in without it being proven it could work in a football game, first, because they were not going to spend money and resources on bringing it in and trying to get it to work in-house. This is a one and done game, based on what I've felt from the beginning. HOPEFULLY, it will pan out and we could see this engine in Madden down the road but the way it looks as is, so far from all the vids I've seen, it's not looking so spectacular but it's only vids and they really haven't showed true gameplay, yet. We'll see.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #38
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Let's say for S and G that EA buys it. How long would it take it took about two years to get to the point that we are seeing. now. is it worth it
Old 01-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #39
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I'll re-state what I've said about the reasoning behind this game - Proof of concept for EA. I still believe this game was only created at the request of EA when EA turned down Natural Motion, initially. The condition was that if Nat. Mot. could create a viable football game with the Euphoria engine they would bring it in for a future Madden. There was no way EA would bring this engine in without it being proven it could work in a football game, first, because they were not going to spend money and resources on bringing it in and trying to get it to work in-house. This is a one and done game, based on what I've felt from the beginning. HOPEFULLY, it will pan out and we could see this engine in Madden down the road but the way it looks as is, so far from all the vids I've seen, it's not looking so spectacular but it's only vids and they really haven't showed true gameplay, yet. We'll see.
you're talking out of your behind man. EA 'requested' natural motion to make a game? EA never saw the value in the technology where a less lazy company like rockstar did immediately. Natural Motion got 505 games as publisher - if it was really a pet project of EA - they would have published it or payed for it.
505 wouldn't really be down with your scenario either.

IMO the cost of making BB, selling it and distributing it > license to use euphoria.

While it's true that almost all developers or industry people will check out backbreaker, and they could push more license packages, it's just arrogant to ASSUME they made the game because EA requested it - especially since the game (player models etc.) look just like those early blue guys from the NM demonstration. HAd nothing to do with EA. They also showed a karate guy in that vid too, and later Indiana Jones was in development by a different company. They believe in their product and more than anything, are proving that a smaller development team can make good games using the technology (which makes development easier).

I hope we see combat games soon using euphoria as well.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 14

I'm just happy to see players plant their feet when they make hard cuts. I also liked how close the ball got to the defenders hand, without be intercepted, being able to fit the ball into tight spaces and lofting it over linebackers should really elevate the passing game. If the player ratings matter and the AI doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, this game should be a winner. The players do look a little stiff when running, but I've definitely seen more that I like than dislike in the trailers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »