Home

Backbreaker Trailer: On the Field

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Trailer: On the Field within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #41

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
I like the new vid but, Its a hype vid, No doubt the the motion of the players out beat Madden anyday but, the jukes look stiff. I smaller players get lower than that when juking but, overall It looks like It'll be a fun game. Not all the hits were over the top missile style hits and It looks like they do have so different type pads and bodies for customization.

I trust that the gameplay will likely beat out madden's animations but, hope to see lower jukes in the future though. Also the sounds are pretty clean Imo because, pads are going to pop and guys are not going to be silent when they get hit regaurdless of how hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 30
Re: Backbreaker Trailer: On the Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
you're talking out of your behind man. EA 'requested' natural motion to make a game? EA never saw the value in the technology where a less lazy company like rockstar did immediately. Natural Motion got 505 games as publisher - if it was really a pet project of EA - they would have published it or payed for it.
505 wouldn't really be down with your scenario either.

IMO the cost of making BB, selling it and distributing it > license to use euphoria.

While it's true that almost all developers or industry people will check out backbreaker, and they could push more license packages, it's just arrogant to ASSUME they made the game because EA requested it - especially since the game (player models etc.) look just like those early blue guys from the NM demonstration. HAd nothing to do with EA. They also showed a karate guy in that vid too, and later Indiana Jones was in development by a different company. They believe in their product and more than anything, are proving that a smaller development team can make good games using the technology (which makes development easier).

I hope we see combat games soon using euphoria as well.
Now who exactly sounds like the arrogant one, here? There were two key words I said at the beginning of my second sentence "I ...believe" meaning that it is an OPINION not fact yet you come at me talking stating "you're talking out of your behind man" and "it's just arrogant to ASSUME..." as if what YOU are stating IS fact, eh? Aren't YOU assuming as well? But I bet you're not calling yourself arrogant for what you ASSUME or even arrogant for attacking me as if what YOU are stating is the fact of all facts. At least I stated that what I was saying is something I believe which SHOULD be ASSUMED to be an opinion. Or is it a FACT that stating that what I believe is an opinion when using the very words "I believe"? Or am I NOT entitled to MY opinion just like YOU are entitled to YOUR opinion? Go riddle yourself with that one, child.

Yea, I love idiotic, hypocrites...
Old 01-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #43
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: New Back Breaker Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
And why does Madden say its simulation football? Stupid if you ask me.
We're not talking about Madden, stay on topic. We are giving our response to the Backbreaker trailer.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: New Back Breaker Trailer

Are you a mod? If not, dont tell me what to do please. I was staying on topic by saying that just because the name is backbreaker does not make it stupid. In metaphorical terms of course.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:35 AM   #45
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Now who exactly sounds like the arrogant one, here? There were two key words I said at the beginning of my second sentence "I ...believe" meaning that it is an OPINION not fact yet you come at me talking stating "you're talking out of your behind man" and "it's just arrogant to ASSUME..." as if what YOU are stating IS fact, eh? Aren't YOU assuming as well? But I bet you're not calling yourself arrogant for what you ASSUME or even arrogant for attacking me as if what YOU are stating is the fact of all facts. At least I stated that what I was saying is something I believe which SHOULD be ASSUMED to be an opinion. Or is it a FACT that stating that what I believe is an opinion when using the very words "I believe"? Or am I NOT entitled to MY opinion just like YOU are entitled to YOUR opinion? Go riddle yourself with that one, child.

looks like i touched a nerve.
ok, have fun with your riddle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 10:04 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 16

I had my doubts about this game but after seeing the on the field trailer I am stoked. If they get the high level of customization required so that we can create our favorite teams and players to at least a 90 to 95% accuracy I don't see how this game can fail. The action just looks so much more robust and in your face than Madden. The sweeping view of the stadium looks just like a NFL stadium and it seems like its captured the atmosphere and excitement of a actual football game. Something 2k5 did well but Madden has never been able to do. I hope that the control scheme is smooth and easy to pick up. I also hope that the AI responds realistically so that we have a viable subsitute for Madden. I think with a lot of the negative response to Madden this year concerning outdated graphics, gameplay, and physics that BB is primed to carve out a nice niche for itself in the football video game community. I for one am sold already and look forward to playing my friends and family when you see one of those big hits or crazy runs.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2

Allbthere is correct and you have no idea what you are talking about. Learn to accept when you are wrong.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 30
allBthere - Touched a nerve? Nah, I just stood up for myself (I have a right to that, correct?) since YOU decided to attack my opinion as if what YOU have to say is the absolute truth. Learn what is being pointed out to you and your hypocrisy. Obviously what I said touched a nerve for you to come at me because you felt I was "talking out of my behind" and "arrogant to ASSUME". Get over yourself. I didn't start this. YOU did.

Phobia - So allBthere is absolutely correct and I am wrong, eh? Don't co-sign on an opinion as if it is fact then try to go at some one else as if their opinion is completely wrong, dear boy. Neither you, all nor myself know the absolute truth. I have a right to speculation just like anyone else and didn't declare what I said was an absolute fact but I didn't attack allB as if what I speculate is the truth like he did with me. How about you learn to grow up and realize what is being said here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »