Home

Backbreaker Release Date Confirmed, June 1st for $49.99

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Release Date Confirmed, June 1st for $49.99 within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Backbreaker Release Date Confirmed, June 1st for $49.99

I have personally pre-ordered Backbreaker at Amazon.com for $45 dollars and I can't wait till June 1st.

If Backbreaker was just a bare boned game with no franchise and limited modes. As super fun as tackle alley is. This game would just be a rental for me.

The game has long term playability because of the two seperate in-depth franchise modes and the deep customization tools. The negative of not having a licensed game can be a positive because with the customization tools in this game. I am not just limited to one league. I can create any team and any league. NFL, NCAA, CFL etc etc etc I can create 32 teams and put them all into one franchise mode. I can user all of them if I want. That's gamer freedom right there.

The biggest selling point for me is Euphoria and the new playing style. Euphoria simulates genuine human movement, ability and awareness. That's what will make the gameplay. I am a madden player and I loved 2K and APF. I am looking for something different and new that is user friendly and that's what Backbreaker is. I am happy that they didn't try and compete with the styles of those games and that they are doing something new and refreshing. At the same time, staying away from arcade and trying to truly be a game that simulates football movement and ability.

Last edited by LeonM; 05-06-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #26
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I don't know, I get the feeling it will be very refreshing.......
I agree, but that's also why I'm so critical. I am looking well past the 'oh look, this is neat' phase the first week or so after the purchase, and at the reasons why I still play Madden 10 today. That's when the things that are missing really add up. I don't buy a football game to play it for a few weeks and put it on the shelf to play every so often like it's some other game.

Maybe BB's franchise modes will be fun, but it's still TBD, the lack of information so close to release is kinda of disturbing, and with the things they're already omitting from the game, we can't just assume stuff like player contracts will be there and they've just not mentioned it.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #27
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I agree, but that's also why I'm so critical. I am looking well past the 'oh look, this is neat' phase the first week or so after the purchase, and at the reasons why I still play Madden 10 today. That's when the things that are missing really add up. I don't buy a football game to play it for a few weeks and put it on the shelf to play every so often like it's some other game.

Maybe BB's franchise modes will be fun, but it's still TBD, the lack of information so close to release is kinda of disturbing, and with the things they're already omitting from the game, we can't just assume stuff like player contracts will be there and they've just not mentioned it.
Right on. It has to have lasting value...given the fact that we have 2 franchise modes and the whole customization thing, there's a lot to do(well at least from what we know)
It's very hard to predict exactly what this game will be like until we actually put the game in and play it.
And I'm pretty sure player contracts have been confirmed.
EDIT: Never mind about the contracts. I was thinking of something else.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #28
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

They've mentioned draft and free agency, but you can say Madden's online franchise had that last year, but no contracts more or less ruined it.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #29
Banned

Highlight224's Arena

OVR: 14

Contracts are a must for franchise mode to be successful. I just wish we would get a vid or some info on how scouting, free agency, and the draft actually work.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
What exactly do you mean CK?
Regarding the unpredictability: I understand it'll happen whenever Euphoria is responsible for generating the animations. That is a part of the game. What about the other part? Is euphoria responsible for player interactions during blocking and running passing routes? APF shined in those areas due to the variance of results and good balance between them.

Also, unpredictability ties into "the little things" such as fumbled snaps, bad snap/hold, slipping, tipped passes, bobbles, bad passes, varied routes (not everyone runs a perfect route every play), injuries. It legitimately felt like anything could happen in APF (besides fumble ). I'm hoping they capture that random, wild aspect of football. It's always been a tough balance in the past. You want the user to feel under control, but you also want to capture that aspect. We'll see what they did. The lack of fumbles in APF is a great example of them really limiting a "wild" part of football. I wish they wouldn't have.

I'm concerned about blocking... but I'll wait until I play the demo to say anything about it. It's one of the reasons I said "Everything outside of Euphoria looks second-class". Another thing is QB pass animations. One thing that does look nice is ball trajectory at least. Again, those videos were with maxed out players, so once things get tuned it may change.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 05-06-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #31
Banned

Highlight224's Arena

OVR: 14

I agree with you Kasey on the pass animations, they need a little work. Also the jukes looked a little stiff too. Maybe these things have been ironed out but with lack of info, it is hard to tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #32
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
I've lost all interest in this game. Maybe I'll change my mind once reviews and customer feedback comes in after it's release. At the moment I expect this game to get very boring very quickly.

Euphoria physics aside, this game seems pretty bare bones.

I think this reply sums up what alot of us feel about this game... Poorly marketed, poorly illustrated features.. I have this game pre-paid but to this day i don't FULLY understand its features and capabilities..Too much speculation, rumors, etc... hopefully there is a BB 2 and hopefully they do a better job informing us on what this game is and what it has to offer.

With that said... the team creator is a major selling point for me..It goes beyond teambuilder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »