Home

"Hometown Hero In Atlanta" - The Career of Carl Kent

This is a discussion on "Hometown Hero In Atlanta" - The Career of Carl Kent within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #17
Rookie

Frank is the Tank's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: "Hometown Hero In Atlanta" - The Career of Carl Kent

Next post will be a Double Series highlight! Including Carl Kent's performance against the Division Rival Mobile Baybears, and the Huntsville Stars. This will include Carl's monthly statistics. I will post them later!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #18
Rookie

As the Braves hit the road again, Carl began to think, or press himself...

"What the hell did I do? Why didn't I get called up? When will I ever get called up? Will I get called up? Am I good enough?"

The thoughts went on and on, the ride grew longer and slower the more he thought about what had happened to him. He was once again the only one on the bus that couldn't sleep. Only this time it was for mental reasons...

Here is a recap of the Mobile Baybears series, including the most important highlights of the series for Carl.

Carl would use his super strength and clear the fence with this 3-Run Blast in the second game of the series. Giving himself a 3 for 4 night, as well as a nice 9-1 win!

This would be the 3rd game of the Baybear series, in the fourth with two men in scoring position, Mr.Kent would hit a moonshot that would barely stay in the park. This would end up being a double for Carl as he finished the night going 3 for 5 with a 10-4 win!

In the second game of the Huntsville Stars series Carl would send the ball clear of the wall for a 2-Run Yam! Giving his team enough run support to win, they won 3-0 with Carl going 2-4!

Once again in the last game of the series, Carl Kent would come through with yet another Double! He would end up scoring to give his team the lead in the 6th and that's all she wrote in this 11-9 victory for the Braves with Carl ending the night going 2-6 with and RBI.

This would end the first month of the young April season on a good note for the Mississippi Braves! Leading the Southern League's South Division by 5 games with an 18-7 record! With 3 of the losses being games where Kent was benched. Carl finished the month on a good night as well, by currently having an 18-Game Hitting Streak, Leading the league in AVG, hits, HR, RBI, SB, SLUG, and OPS!

I think I'll start to post like this, it's quicker, and more efficient. Plus, I want to get more games in when I can and worry less about each series!

Profile Card - Carl Kent
Carl Kent | 3B
AA Braves
Height: 6\'3Bats/Throws: S/R
Weight: 235Age: 18 years old
SeasonGABAVGR2B3BHRRBISBOBP
Last 10ABHRRBIHRSOSBAEPO
Attached Files
File Type: txt Carl Kent Stats.txt (111 Bytes, 4 views)

Last edited by Frank is the Tank; 05-13-2013 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Attachment
Old 05-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #19
Rookie

CACNighthawk's Arena

OVR: 9

absolutely great, I'm following
Old 05-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #20
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9

A lot of really nice updates man. Your off to a fast start!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #21
Rookie

After the series coach pulled Carl aside from the others.

"Hey Carl, I just wanted to let you know now, before you find out later. You aren't getting the call-up yet. The AAA team just doesn't have enough space. They're attempting to find room for you but just not yet."

"Have they seen my stats?! I'm doing better then everybody in AA right now! And there are guys performing half of what I've been doing and they are already in AAA! What the f**k did I do to pt myself in this situation! F**k this! I'm out of here!"

Holbert tried to stop Carl but was too slow, Carl was gone, and no one knew where he was going, what he was doing, or what he was thinking...

Carl got in his Blacked out Cadillac CTS that he paid for with his the money he had received from the signing bonus. And hit the road and headed back to Loganville. After taking I-75 for about 3 hours he had finally arrived home at 2 AM. He knocked on the door, he heard foot steps coming towards the door, and the door opened very slowly. His mom peaked her head out the door with her reading glasses on.

"Honey, what are you doing here?"

"I missed you mom."

"Carl don't you realize it's the middle of the night? Did you drive here from Huntsville?"

"Yes I do mom, and I was definitely not planning to walk here."

His mother smiled, opened the door to give Carl enough space to come in.

"Thank you mom, I really appreciate it. I just haven't seen you and I thought this was the best time to do so."

"Maybe next time you won't come in the middle of the night."

"Trust me, it won't be this late again."

"I see you're still wearing the necklace."

"I haven't taken it off since I last saw you. And you're right, it is good luck! I'm hitting over .500 and lead the league in almost every offensive category!"

"Sounds like you're ready for the next level."

"Well, that's the thing, apparently I'm not. I mean I'm out performing everybody in the league, but AAA can't make room for me."

"Carl, nobody said this wouldn't be stressful, or easy nonetheless. You just gotta keep persevering like a true Kent would!"

"A true Kent shouldn't leave his family..."

"Carl, you don't know what happened with your father! Don't act like you know!"

"What I know is that he left us and never came back! I spent so much time trying to find him, but I never got any luck with anything!"

"You're dad didn't leave you, or me."

"Oh yeah? Then where is he?"

"Carl I think you should go to bed."

"Don't tell me what to do, now where is my father?!"

"I can't tell you!"

"Why not?!"

"He told me before he left to make sure you wouldn't know what he's doing!"

"What is he doing? Is he a spy, or works for the FBI? What does he do? I must know what he's doing!"

"I can't Carl, I just can't! Just please go to bed!"

Carl noticed that a tear started to travel down his mom's cheek. He immediately cooled off and went to his room where he'd stay the night. He would say one more thing before going to bed...

"Mom, I'm sorry for causing so much stress for you tonight, I'll leave tomorrow after breakfast. Can I just ask two questions, you don't have to answer them. Is dad still alive?

"Yes, he's still alive."

"And what does he do?"

"He protects people."

"So he's a cop?"

"I thought you said only two questions?"

"Sorry ma. Good night, I love you."

"I love yo too sweetheart."

Mrs.Kent closed his bedroom door, Kent rolled over to his side on his bed and went to sleep. When he woke up he made himself breakfast, but didn't get to say goodbye to his mother as she was already gone for work.

Carl got in his Caddy and headed back to Mississippi where he'd drive 7 hours to his destination. Luckily it was an off day for the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #22
Rookie

As Carl pulled into his apartment, he saw Jose standing with Holbert. Holbert ran up to Carl and gave him a bear hug.

"Where the hell did you go last night you had me worried sick!?"

"I went home for the night."

"Next time f***ing tell me where you're going and don't you ever pull sh*t like that again! You hear me?"

"Loud and clear, sir."

"Good... F***ing teenagers! Their hormones are all f***ed up!"
Old 05-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 25

Glad to have you back dude! I've always liked Atlanta and their player development. It ought to be cool getting a good look from the inside.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals19
Glad to have you back dude! I've always liked Atlanta and their player development. It ought to be cool getting a good look from the inside.
I'm glad somebody understands!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »