Home

"Hometown Hero In Atlanta" - The Career of Carl Kent

This is a discussion on "Hometown Hero In Atlanta" - The Career of Carl Kent within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #41
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: "Hometown Hero In Atlanta" - The Career of Carl Kent

Carl has that bap flip down like nobody's business

He's got some super strength, too. Coach had it comin.. that was cold, haha.

I think this is the first time I've seen a player with an OBP lower than his BA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #42
Rookie

Frank is the Tank's Arena

OVR: 6

Sorry for lacking updates lately, my internet has been down and I've been busy with some baseball. Updates will probably come out tomorrow on Carl's performance in the Future's ASG as well as the Southern League ASG!
Old 05-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #43
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Great read and storyline.....stats are huge - wish I could put up numbers like that in this game....lol

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 05-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 25

Did Kent take lessons from Yasiel Puig on doing bat flips? Man!

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 05-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #45
Rookie

@JHey, you already know Carl will be flipping that bat more than Spongebob and his Krabby Patties!

@Willard76, he's been on a tear! I'm just waiting for that slump to kick in! If it ever does..

Royals19@, You must be mistaken, Yasiel has been taking lessons from Carl

BACK TO BUSINESS!

Carl hopped off the plane after landing in New York City for this years Future's game (that is being held in the Mets' very own Citi Field). He looked around the airport and found his way out, as he is looking for a ride he sees a large man holding a sign with his name on it. The large John Cena look alike looked down on the already big Carl Kent and said,

"You must be Carl, I'm Chet, I'll be your personal driver for your trip."

Carl looked up at him in pure shock that he was his driver, I mean, shouldn't he be a bouncer, or something?

"O-ok, I'm Carl."

"I know, I'm your driver."

In his mind Carl slapped his hand on his forehead

"Right! My bad."

Carl got in the black limo and headed towards the Radisson Inn, after being dropped off Chet rolled down his window and gave Carl his card. Rolled the window up without saying a word, and drove away. Carl looked around him and couldn't see the sky as they were being covered by the large skyscrapers of the Big Apple. He looked in awe, and headed in the hotel, where he would get his room key and head up to the room. He opened the door at the end of the hallway on the top floor and felt his jaw hit the floor as he looked at his penthouse suite. King size mattress, 55' flat screen, a fridge full of food, and a bathroom bigger than his own room at home, but on the end of his bed he saw a note, he picked it up..

"Hey Carl, I just wanted to give our top prospect a little treat. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll surely be in the Bigs soon. I'll be watching. -Frank Wren"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 08:25 PM   #46
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

A Spongebob reference? Hahaha, awesome.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #47
It's a New England Thing

CameRoN0407's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
A Spongebob reference? Hahaha, awesome.
Spongebob is:

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Team USA
Red Sox
Patriots
Celtics
Bruins
Old 05-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #48
Rookie

Ah! He we are, the moment we have been waiting for! The Future's game featuring all of the best prospects in one game as the US goes against the World in this one-game show in the very beautiful Citi Field! Lets check out our lineups for tonight's game!

Let us begin with the World's lineup, jeez! They're stacked with top prospects Sano, Aguilar, Sanchez, Soler, and even more as they face the US teams Gose, Kent, Puig, and Parker. So far I'm predicting that pitchers will be having a tough time getting through innings with lineups like this...

Now, lets look at our Pitchers for tonight's game! Now I'm getting second thoughts.. Big names in the MiLB tonight with Paxton and team World facing the promising Cole and team USA. As of late, Paxton has been hitting a rough patch coming into the Future's game as Cole has begun to get hotter as the season gets older. Coming up, we'll show you some of Carl Kent's highlights for the night!

In the photo above, Carl would take a slow hit dribbler by Flores to lead off the game and get the out on a bang bang play that honestly could have gone either way. Carl would be showcasing both his defense for tonight's game as he would get 6 assists on the night!

In the bottom of the third, Carl Kent (above) would rope a p-rod into left center for a single and would bring in Francisco Lindor, and Anthony Gose to give team USA a 2-0 lead! Carl would be brought left stranded at the end of the inning.

Team World would quickly strike back as Flores would smack a 2-Run bomb in dead center field and would be followed with some timely hitting to bring in one more run making it 3-2. To follow, team USA's catcher Stryker Trahan would get on base with a double down the left field line, he would be brought in by a Francisco Lindor single up the middle to tie it up 3-3, Gose would then stop the rally on his own by GIDP. Kent would place a duckfart in right center field to give himself his second hit. Puig would then hit a laser into Right Center and would be robbed of a hit by the man they call Jorge Soler, laying out and saving the day as if he were Superman. Carl would come back to the plate in the 7th and would hit a routine grounder to Bogaerts who would overthrow and hit a fan in the bleachers, allowing Kent to reach second, he would later score on a Kyle Parker single. Kent would then be pulled from the game in the beginning of the 8th, giving Kent a solid performance going 2-3 with 2 RBI's. Sadly, team wise the USA couldn't stay in it giving away the win to Team World
who would resume bragging rights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »