Home

(Champion) 'Shipping Up To Boston'

This is a discussion on (Champion) 'Shipping Up To Boston' within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 01:48 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: (Champion) 'Shipping Up To Boston'

who did they lose in the trade? That could definitely factor into that kind or record. Also different sims would have different results correct? I'm legit asking not being snarky lol. I've put him on past teams in 2k15 and he was a monster in Steven's system since he can hit the three and play inside.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #58
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazershow
who did they lose in the trade? That could definitely factor into that kind or record. Also different sims would have different results correct? I'm legit asking not being snarky lol. I've put him on past teams in 2k15 and he was a monster in Steven's system since he can hit the three and play inside.
Here's what the trade was -- basically just picks and RJ Hunter (who actually turned out to be a pretty solid role player on the Knicks).

I could never figure out why he didn't work there. I thought it was a great fit, too, but it always backfired. I traded him to the Hornets in my newest dynasty and they're struggling with him, too (though, admittedly, they gave up MKG and Frank the Tank for him, so that's probably why).
Old 10-03-2016, 03:02 PM   #59
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazershow
you should try and see if you can snag boogie from the kings. He's a legitimate target for the Celtics in real life, possibly in the game too. He would cement your team as a contender in the East.
I'd love to have Cousins, but I would probably have to get a third team involved to take Amir to make the contracts line up. Amir, has been great for me, but he would just be filler. I'm sure at least one of the Nets picks would have to go, maybe Smart and/or Brown as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
^I had Boston do that in my Sonics dynasty last year and it led to nothing but misery for them. 3 years straight finishing between 35-38 wins and outside the playoffs. I think Boogie is cursed, don't do it.
Yeah, but did they have Thomas, Horford and Cousins? That's a legit Big 3 in the game this year because Thomas is actually usable now. I'm tempted, but if I'm giving up something like one Nets pick, Brown, Smart & Amir (and potentially more future draft picks) then it makes me hesitant.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #60
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

Yeah, but did they have Thomas, Horford and Cousins? That's a legit Big 3 in the game this year because Thomas is actually usable now. I'm tempted, but if I'm giving up something like one Nets pick, Brown, Smart & Amir (and potentially more future draft picks) then it makes me hesitant.
They had Thomas, not Horford. The year after the trade they signed Gordon Hayward (in the summer of 2017) and even then the team struggled, and that was with Thomas. Then Thomas left to sign with the Nuggets and Cousins signed with the Wizards (to rejoin John Wall -- where the team struggled with him, Wall, and Beal), leaving just Hayward and the team STILL sucked. Eventually, everyone got fired around the trade deadline of that year and Boston was prepping to blow it all up.

Boogie sounds like a great buy, but if I had to pick between him or Okafor, I'd pick Okafor. Any team I've seen Okafor go to has become legitimate playoff contenders within two years and if you develop him, he's a fringe MVP candidate. The dude just dominates. Boogie ... I don't know, I like him and his game, but he just seems to bring nothing but losses wherever he goes.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:52 PM   #61
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

How do you use Thomas in played games!!! I have been struggling with his shot big time on real player %. Averaging like 13 ppg. I am occasionally playing smart over him for defence and Rozier when I need a spark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 08:03 PM   #62
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
How do you use Thomas in played games!!! I have been struggling with his shot big time on real player %. Averaging like 13 ppg. I am occasionally playing smart over him for defence and Rozier when I need a spark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm having a lot of success with Thomas many because the pull of game works much better than in years passed. I shoot a lot with him coming off of screens on floppy type plays and he's got a nice floater. Also in the past I was always get stuffed when I tried a layup with him, but now he can hit them at a much better clip. Oh and course, he's good at drawing fouls as well.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 10-03-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:33 PM   #63
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

A Slow Start and Poor Finish Gets Orlando Past Boston

Lowry & DeRozan Hand Boston Their Third Loss in a Row

Losing Streak Ends At Three Thanks to Thomas and Smart

Boston's Winning Streak Over After Another Strong Performance By West-Leading Spurs

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-04-2016, 10:16 PM   #64
Rookie

You could really use some help on the boards. Horford is all alone out there most nights it seems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »