Home

Pac refuses to take drug test, fight in jeopardy now

This is a discussion on Pac refuses to take drug test, fight in jeopardy now within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Pac refuses to take drug test, fight in jeopardy now

Unbeleivable, Mayweather's camp is all of a sudden trying to mandate when testing should occur and now everybody thinks Manny is on PED's. Mayweather's camp is trying to find an excuse to either cancel the fight or as an excuse why Floyd is gonna get the crap beaten out of him. They might as well hope that this fight is cancelled because it looks like Mayweather's camp is already expecting to lose and the fight is still 2 1\2 months away. I think Floyd should be concentrating on the fight or it will be over early.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #58
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless66007
Let's use you brains here and quit trying to dig too deep. Look at the overall picture. When has Mayweather or his camp EVER did this? When has ANY boxer ever did this? He's scared. He's desparate because he wants to keep his undefeated streak alive. Point blank. He's ducking and dodging because he knows that Manny can beat him. He knows he will get knocked out and he's doing whatever it takes to get out of it.

This is the first time they have fought someone who has been accused of doping. They would do the same to Mosley because of his past.

Whats funny is I'm more of a Pac fan but all this rampant fanaticism and defending his refusal to get blood tested is making me lean toward rooting for Floyd.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:15 PM   #59
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Unbeleivable, Mayweather's camp is all of a sudden trying to mandate when testing should occur and now everybody thinks Manny is on PED's. Mayweather's camp is trying to find an excuse to either cancel the fight or as an excuse why Floyd is gonna get the crap beaten out of him. They might as well hope that this fight is cancelled because it looks like Mayweather's camp is already expecting to lose and the fight is still 2 1\2 months away. I think Floyd should be concentrating on the fight or it will be over early.

You have your facts wrong. Mayweather wants the testing to be random and done by an independent agency. Arum and Pac want it to be at defined dates.

I find it hilarious that people are acting as if its a done deal that Pac is going to beat Floyd. I'm a Pac fan but the guy isnt invincible. He arguably lost to Marquez in '08. He lost to Morales in 05. He can be beat. I think he's a great fighter but some of you are going over the top with this ****.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #60
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

I think Manny's just trying to find all the advantages he could get. Pacquiao obviously gets freaked out when he gets his blood taken, like Arum said, and he thinks he gets weakened by that. What the Mayweather camp is asking is way too much. Olympic drug testing is much too rigorous and consists of random drug testing. Pacquiao has to draw a line somewhere to what he would let Mayweather do to dictate this fight.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #61
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti

This line of argumentation continues to elude the obvious, unassailably simple logic of: if Manny has nothing to hide, why should it be an issue? Someone needs to address this; once again, it's not an out-of-the-hat request by the Mayweather camp (although no one doubts there's a psychological ploy behind it), it's the USADA/WADA and Olympic standard. In other words, if this were the Gold-medal fight in the Olympic tournament, the drug testing being requested by team Mayweather would be mandatory.

Bottom line - even if this is a Mayweather ploy, Pacquiao could have neutralized it immediately, but he (or his camp) allowed it to become a big deal by refusing to submit to testing. Once again, no matter what you think the reason behind the demand is, if Pacquiao has nothing to hide, it should not be an issue. Not wanting your blood taken within some arbitrary period of time prior to the fight due to some alleged superstition is an extremely flimsy argument; any accusation of Mayweather trying to duck the fight is just a smoke-screen and an attempt by Pac's camp to duck the implication of PED use. They need to address this, or else they have only themselves to blame for any PED accusations that will inevitably proliferate in the face of what should have been a non-issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #62
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

What a joke. Pac and his camp won't agree to this because of fear of needles and superstitions? LMAO. Every sport in the world should have random blood testing as it is the full proof way to weed out cheaters. What logical reason would you have to refuse this, outside of trying to hide something?

What a shame if this ruins the fight. It's obvious mind games by Floyd's camp, but there should be no issue if there is nothing to hide.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You have your facts wrong. Mayweather wants the testing to be random and done by an independent agency. Arum and Pac want it to be at defined dates.

I find it hilarious that people are acting as if its a done deal that Pac is going to beat Floyd. I'm a Pac fan but the guy isnt invincible. He arguably lost to Marquez in '08. He lost to Morales in 05. He can be beat. I think he's a great fighter but some of you are going over the top with this ****.
But he's a force NOW. He's running through the competition and knocking people out. Fact of the matter is that Floyd is running and making up excuses. Just like he does in an interview. He needs a way out. It's not to make sure it a fair fight. If that's a case he should have been doing it for every fight. He knows he is a strong competitor and he's trying to stall. People act like Mayweather is the only person that can be good. It sounds like people are making up excuses FOR Mayweather. They are scared to see him fall just as much as he is himself. SMH.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:01 AM   #64
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10

If it's true that it's simply a case of Pacquiao not letting the Mayweathers push him around, then why pick this one issue as the place to draw that line? It looks bad, it looks fishy. Why not say that you're not getting the money you deserve, or the kind of gloves, or the kind of ring size, or ref, or judges, something that doesn't bring to mind the question of whether you are clean or not?

It looks bad for Pacquiao, and I doubt his promoters would allow it to play out this way if there were nothing to hide. Money has every right to demand the best, most cheat-proof testing. These guys put their lives on the line when they fight other elite fighters, he has that right and he's mentioned his concern over it before. Mind games? Sure, but I have no doubts that they suspect some sort of cheating and they're simply concerned about any possible disadvantage they might have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »