Home

Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The reason Shane has on mexican attire is because he wore it in his last fight against Mora on Mexican Independence Day. He wore mexican gloves and shorts. If its anything like Fight Night 4, you can change the attire of official fighters so its not really a big deal.

With that said, I'm dissapointed in the entrance. I have no idea why they cant have bigger entourages, fighters actually stepping into the ring, belts held behind the champ.
My mistake then, but I hope that Shane doesn't have this as his default setting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 10:42 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 10

And this is what I talked about in the other thread about presentation why after all these years can't we get an intro just like real life. I mean these guys making the game are boxing fans I assume so they know how HBO/Showtime/PPV show intros . I mean we all know the other sport games have nailed it and intros are much more important in boxing than any other sport by far as it builds up the fight so I am just at a lost here.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #27
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex
The entrances do feel a bit cooker cutter. I'd scrap them all together in favor of shorter entrances with more in the ring pre-fight analysis. I can recall Judah entering the ring then side shuffling around the ring while his stats are being discussed OR Pac on his knees in the ring in prayer prior to the fight starting. Just a thought.
Exactly. All we ask for is Authenticity. Which these guys have absolutely no desire/ knowledge to deliver.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 12

One thing is missing is the announcers. We have no idea if they are doing the broadcast in a suit, pajamas or their drawers. They need a scene during the intro showing them standing up at the camera talking about the boxers. And the cheesy way they look into the camera. That's what's missing.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #29
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Not bad for EA I guess. Seems like they rarely aim for authenticity. I guess this is another case of going "beyond" broadcast presentation.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

EA just doesn't pay attention to presentation at all and it's showing with the entrances. It's basically been the SAME BS each and every year. The in-ring stuff in the entrance was halfway decent though but everything else is boring as sh!t. I'd hope they add stuff but if they are already releasing a video of it then that means they must be proud of it hahaha. I'd like to see what the guys behind the Show could do with a boxing game.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #31
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Not bad for EA I guess. Seems like they rarely aim for authenticity. I guess this is another case of going "beyond" broadcast presentation.
yea sure. If beyond meant silly and half-assed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The one thing I've been waiting to hear from EA or anyone whose played the game is this: will the CPU boxers actually play differently or will all of them take that stupid, but effective tactic of waiting for the human boxer to hit them and tire and then attack in the later rounds? I understand that this strategy is employed in real life by some boxers but not for boxers like Mike Tyson. If I fight Mike Tyson and the CPU controls him he should BOX LIKE MIKE TYSON AND ATTACK. But in the game he doesn't.

This is my biggest beef with the game is it doesn't seem like any of the boxers use individual styles in regards to attack/defend.

Oh and in case anyone wonders, I've tried the tactic as well of laying back and not attacking to see if the CPU would engage more and its not no avail, we just end up dancing around the ring, throwing a random punch here or there and going the full 10 rounds to a score card. Boring!!

One last question too: will there finally be flash knockouts in this game???

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »