Home

Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Fight Night Champion Video: MGM Grand Entrance Between Mosley and Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by albsur2003
EA just doesn't pay attention to presentation at all and it's showing with the entrances. It's basically been the SAME BS each and every year. The in-ring stuff in the entrance was halfway decent though but everything else is boring as sh!t. I'd hope they add stuff but if they are already releasing a video of it then that means they must be proud of it hahaha. I'd like to see what the guys behind the Show could do with a boxing game.
The Show Or 2K11 guys would do exactly what they did with their sports game they made. Hire a production guy that actually broadcast the sports for real to make it look just like on TV but we all already knew that lol. EA has always thought 'outside the box' which is good for any other type genre but sports game we want exactly what we see on TV or do in real life. EA need to stop over analyzing a sports game and just make a sports game just the way it is in real life plain and simple.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #34
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The one thing I've been waiting to hear from EA or anyone whose played the game is this: will the CPU boxers actually play differently or will all of them take that stupid, but effective tactic of waiting for the human boxer to hit them and tire and then attack in the later rounds? I understand that this strategy is employed in real life by some boxers but not for boxers like Mike Tyson. If I fight Mike Tyson and the CPU controls him he should BOX LIKE MIKE TYSON AND ATTACK. But in the game he doesn't.

This is my biggest beef with the game is it doesn't seem like any of the boxers use individual styles in regards to attack/defend.

Oh and in case anyone wonders, I've tried the tactic as well of laying back and not attacking to see if the CPU would engage more and its not no avail, we just end up dancing around the ring, throwing a random punch here or there and going the full 10 rounds to a score card. Boring!!

One last question too: will there finally be flash knockouts in this game???
Yes to flash knockouts according to community guys. Your other question remains unanswered at this time.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

ok, at least that answers one of the eternal questions...thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #36
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

yeah I really dont know why EA refuses to do realistic presentation. It isnt like its one game, every game they make has horrible presentation and all I see is people complaining. Is presentation extremely hard to implement or something? Its EA across the board, im not sure if we can even blam the fight night devs or madden devs,etc its like EA regulations no game shall have cool presentation or something lol
Old 01-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #37

OVR: 34

I think it takes two things. One is the philosophy that it should be in the game and the other is having someone that is designated to do so. I don't know who all is on the dev team. All I know of is Brian Hayes, and he's a great guy. We should be careful to make judgement on the devs, like Rider mentioned, maybe EA makes the decision from the top to not get to deep with presentation.

I think it's philosophy. Take the NBA 2K team. Their thoughts are that presentation ahould be a big part of NBA 2K. So, they went out and hired a guy from TNT. For all we know, EA may have limited the budget and said, "This far and no further." I think though that there are some simple things they can address without going too deep in the pockets.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Who cares...after a few times you'll just be skipping these entrances anyway. The commentary is stale so i usually just turn it off to hear the punches and crowd reaction....its so much better that way
Old 01-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #39
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by antifanboy
Who cares...after a few times you'll just be skipping these entrances anyway. The commentary is stale so i usually just turn it off to hear the punches and crowd reaction....its so much better that way
Thats because its not immersive enough to actually sit thru...

Pretty much the point.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:46 AM   #40
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
yeah I really dont know why EA refuses to do realistic presentation. It isnt like its one game, every game they make has horrible presentation and all I see is people complaining. Is presentation extremely hard to implement or something? Its EA across the board, im not sure if we can even blam the fight night devs or madden devs,etc its like EA regulations no game shall have cool presentation or something lol
It seriously must be like that.....I can't stand how they have approached this area of their sports games

Even the best of their sports games presentation wise NCAA Basketball 10 and NCAA Football 11 are nothing truly great.....and the commentary is still atrocious

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »