Home

Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I hear ya', but.............

Stamina will not be an issue. I've seen many instances where fighters slowed within the 3 round limit. Besides all that's customizable even online.
Are you sure about stamina? Maybe you're right. But that's only half the battle for me. What about the punch/move lag? I can do without the auto blocking. Don't get me wrong I want to like this game. I just don't have faith in the dev team frankly. As it stands, It's just too casual and arcady for my tastes at the moment..
Old 02-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 0
its a decent game, it can turn into a slugfest if you want it too. But i used Ali last night, and i utilized my jab, and it actually controlled tyson a bit,, he (tyson) started punching at a farther distance and he started to through haymakers from a further distance, i used the buttons not really a joystick guy, but i was kiling him with my combos, hitting him with 1-2's, then stepping to the side hitting with 1-2-3, and then finally was able to add the uppercut for a 4 punch combo, if you take your time and dissect the game it really turns into a good boxing match, you can counter effectively, at the same time leading with your offense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 02-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #171

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
Are you sure about stamina? Maybe you're right. But that's only half the battle for me. What about the punch/move lag? I can do without the auto blocking. Don't get me wrong I want to like this game. I just don't have faith in the dev team frankly. As it stands, It's just too casual and arcady for my tastes at the moment..
I'm beginning to trust that stamina is fixed. First because you can evade punches now and the missed punch hit on your stamina really takes a lot out of your fighter. Second, if you throw consecutive punches with the same arm, you will immediately slow down.

This is in just 3 rounds. When I see a guy wants to trade punches, I get a feel for him in the first round and start to counter his punches. Round 2 is all countering and jabs. Round three is where I open up and start hitting him where he's exposed, and they do get exposed. So, this is in just 3 rounds. Can you imagine going 3 more rounds with this mentality? They'll be a mess.

That's not to say there won't be exploits. There will be. Right now I don't see anything major though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #172
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by japlear
its a decent game, it can turn into a slugfest if you want it too. But i used Ali last night, and i utilized my jab, and it actually controlled tyson a bit,, he (tyson) started punching at a farther distance and he started to through haymakers from a further distance, i used the buttons not really a joystick guy, but i was kiling him with my combos, hitting him with 1-2's, then stepping to the side hitting with 1-2-3, and then finally was able to add the uppercut for a 4 punch combo, if you take your time and dissect the game it really turns into a good boxing match, you can counter effectively, at the same time leading with your offense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The distance between your boxer and your opponents is so critical in utilization of the jab. A longer reached boxer is of little use to you if you can't maintain the proper spacing.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #173
Rookie

I have a question??? Where are the left/right arm stamina and torso stamina... Thought they were going to be stamina bars for these as well.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'm beginning to trust that stamina is fixed. First because you can evade punches now and the missed punch hit on your stamina really takes a lot out of your fighter. Second, if you throw consecutive punches with the same arm, you will immediately slow down.

This is in just 3 rounds. When I see a guy wants to trade punches, I get a feel for him in the first round and start to counter his punches. Round 2 is all countering and jabs. Round three is where I open up and start hitting him where he's exposed, and they do get exposed. So, this is in just 3 rounds. Can you imagine going 3 more rounds with this mentality? They'll be a mess.

That's not to say there won't be exploits. There will be. Right now I don't see anything major though.
I just played a few rounds today.. did seem a bit more controlled pace. But the guy I played was more sim like. I was able to exploit his wild swinging at points and connected on some heavy counters. I won with cotto two rounds to one. 70% hit total vs my opponents 56%. 88% counter, 69% Power.

Problem is I should've knocked him on his butt like 5 or 6 times with as many power counter punches I hit him with. Also.. this input delay needs to be fixed before final release. Maybe I'm the only one who is bothered by this? It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #175
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

So far after 2 matches, both times I was Paq against Cotto(cpu) I don't feel this is a MUST buy. I love boxing games but I hope it's just this is a demo and the final product will be better. With the Show coming out a week after this I think this game is a rent first before a buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #176
Rookie

-love the feel of the game specifically the fighting.
-the ref should call brakes on holds and you should be able to punch on holds
-don't like the first person view for getting up from knock downs, it should be 3rd person
-there should be right trigger and right stick blocking and not just up and down but all around

other then that cant pick out much wrong with the game at all its great but these things need to be changed for it to be a true boxing sim. i could see myself be dissatisfied with the game very quickly like i was with round 4

if anyone agrees pls make reference to breakitdown. id would prefer the game to that little bit longer to come out just to fix some of these things, its not much

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »