Home

Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #193
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

ok my first online experience wasnt too great. I had ali and my opponent had tyson. My strategy going into the fight was to keep my distance of course and work around the ring using my jab as my main weapon. I had to keep pushing him off of me tho because i couldnt really move around the ring as fast as i would have liked. it almost felt like i was stuck sometimes. and i would have to sacrifice a couple of shots to the body r head just to step back. and well i lost unfortunatly. my opponent was nice enough to leave me messages saying how i was running away from him.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #194
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34
how do you block your body? sorry i dont play boxing games
Old 02-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #195
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony01313
I have been preaching this through out this entire thread it makes absolutely no sense why they did this. Not only does hurt the defense but also the offense. No matter what punch you throw first it will be blocked he'll the 2 or 3 I am bummed out.
Quit preaching and start listening because I could only comprehend about 65% of your post!! Now you have surmised that the first punch thrown will always be blocked? That's not the case, even if you activate reflexive blocking by holding the R-Trigger. If your block has been recently weakened by blocking punches and/or you have been HOLDING the R-Trigger too much all kinds of punches will get through. Even if your block is fresh, holding the R-Trigger won't guarantee that your opponent's first punch will be blocked. Boxer's with a good or better reflex rating will have more success, but I guarantee you it's nothing that anybody can exploit. Also who is going to hold the block all the time? You can't punch or move!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #196
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernut
I have no idea what people are talking about in this game. I've been playing the Fight Night series since the first installment and I've always have ranked pretty high I'm also an amateur fighter. I'm not trying bost or anything like that trust me, I'm as critical in the games that I purchase as anybody else. I believe that allot you guys that are complaining are spoiled, EA makes such high quality games you guys find things to nick pick at. You guys have to be honest with yourself and say that this is a really good DEMO, and we all know that the polished version will be even better. I hear guys complaining about foot work and the blocking scheme ... oh and the connect rate.. I've played guys online and the foot work is fine. The connect rate is kool if guys would play the game right then you wouldn't get hit so much, I've had online players only hit me 19% plenty of times or say even 35% I've also have been on the other end were my connect rate was low. The blocking scheme is great too it makes you become more judicious with your punching. I believe allot of players are mad because there used to FN4 and the "HYPER" punching that was in it no more throwing a million punches and cornering your opponent because in this version you can actually circle around the ropes, fatigue plays a big role in this one ( Thank you EA I got tired of almost breaking my controller to get out of the corner and away from the ropes against Hyper punchers in FN4) sorry guys you actually have to box this time around. So pleas EA keep it how it is Im already knowing that the finished product will be way better then the already "classic demo" u guys have put out, good JOB EA. The complaint I may have is I did hit Ali with a right uppercut and a Left hook, I don't care who u R, Tyson would murDa anybody with that combo.. oh and I have to wait a month for this GAME to come out!!! lol once again EA job well done.
You make good points. This is a good demo but some of the beefs people have with this game are legitimate. The footwork is improved but not where it should be imo for a boxing sim. It is workable but not great. It's the equivalent of having a hoop game with lousy/unattractive dribbling animations. While you can still get to the basket with them they draw you out of the realism aspect and you would like to see them improved. People still need to be more nimble in the ring in his game.

As far as the hit % I can keep people in the mid to low 40's. I think the problem is in these exchanges in close proximity. The person who lands a punch 1st isn't really getting any benefit as the person he just hit is still allowed to connect often with his blow that he threw just after the fact or at the same time. Most times in those kind of real life exchanges the person who gets hit 1st loses some accuracy as the blow they took throws off their punch ever so slightly resulting in glancing blows/near misses.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #197
MVP

OVR: 16

Played the DEMO...not happy about the recovery mode from a KO. I hated the way you had to get up from a KO last year. It's the same thing.

I'm assuming there will be more slider this year and a "game speed" slider. Game is way too fast right now. Graphics are good, but I wish it was more "live" looking. Right now, it appears as though you are watching a movie and not playing a sports game.

Because we don't have much to go on with this very limited DEMO (no slider options, etc), it just feels like Fight Night 4.5.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:17 PM   #198
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
how do you block your body? sorry i dont play boxing games
You can't block high and low in FNC.

You press the R-trigger and have to hope EA's algorithm blocks for you.

This according to some people is a great idea yet not one of them can explain what makes it so great in boxing nor gaming terms.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #199
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am done in this thread I have made my point I am glad
You guys enjoy it but i don't I am shocked that someone thought auto block was a great idea
Old 02-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #200
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I got a flash KO by dropping Cotto (CPU) with a power straight using Pacquiao tonight. Thought that was pretty cool and it was the first flash KO I've seen so far.

Despite that though, I'm so damn torn on this game. At times I like it, but other times I really don't like it all. I think it has the potential to be really good with some good slider edits, but that's assuming the sliders work well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »