Home

Old 03-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #2689
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I'll put it this way.

I've been spoiled with WWE Network (and to a very slightly lesser extent due to blackouts, MLB Network.)

If boxing were to somehow offer a catch-all $15/20 per month deal I would absolutely do it. Same for the UFC.

I doubt UFC ever will, but there's absolutely too much bull**** between promoters/boxers/companies in boxing to ever do that. I'd definitely think about plunking down a couple bucks for a quality broadcast on YouTube between fighters that have the potential for an exciting matchup. Maybe not just anybody, but if it looks good that price is right for relative unknowns I think.
The wwe network is one of the greatest deals every created. I keep on waiting for them to raise the monthly price and continue not to. The ufc pass doesn't compare to the wwe network in any aspect for value for your money

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #2690
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I'd pay $5 every once in a while to watch some prospects. Don't really want to watch a bunch of tomato cans fight.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 03-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #2691
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Coincidentally I just recently signed up for a 7 day trial of HBO through Amazon's Streaming service. The $4 bucks I'm saving versus my U-Verse service wasn't that big a deal, but I figured it was a step toward "cutting the cord", albeit a small one. Then I saw that one of my favorite live shows (better left unmentioned) had a two week delay and that live HBO Boxing was not part of the deal. I canceled my trial immediately.
i've cut the cord and was wondering about my options regarding hbo and showtime when it comes to live boxing. honestly, i don't need those channels for anything other than live boxing. if they offered the live boxing portion for say, $3 per month, i would consider it. (they offered the full channel for $10 extra a month on cable, if i remember correctly.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2017, 01:20 PM   #2692
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
i've cut the cord and was wondering about my options regarding hbo and showtime when it comes to live boxing. honestly, i don't need those channels for anything other than live boxing. if they offered the live boxing portion for say, $3 per month, i would consider it. (they offered the full channel for $10 extra a month on cable, if i remember correctly.)
I could possibly deal with non-live boxing if it was shown the next day. I have a couple of days of trial left on the Amazon-HBO deal and it does have Gamboa-Alvarado (3/11/17) and Lemieux-Stevens (3-11-17) archived, so I might have to check further into that.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #2693
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I'd pay $5 every once in a while to watch some prospects. Don't really want to watch a bunch of tomato cans fight.
So how do I relate to you a real prospect vs a fake prospect?

Imagine a 13-0 Keith Thurman - I had never heard of him, the only way I'd know if he's a prospect is if I either saw him or someone I respected said he's got a big future...

The other thought I had was to simply skip certain cards without the bigger names - and even then, where do I draw the line? The last show I did had what I would consider to be a real prospect in Cody Crowley. He trains now out of Vegas, sparred Mayweather even leading up to the Pac fight. He's 11-0 w/ 6kos. I can tell he's skilled and will get a shot probably 3 years from now. Is that enough? I don't know. the WBA cruiserweight title fight I did at the end of 2014 is certainly enough for wider appeal. It's just really hard to say. Maybe I go by the amount of twitter followers each boxer has? lol
Old 03-20-2017, 08:55 PM   #2694
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I could possibly deal with non-live boxing if it was shown the next day. I have a couple of days of trial left on the Amazon-HBO deal and it does have Gamboa-Alvarado (3/11/17) and Lemieux-Stevens (3-11-17) archived, so I might have to check further into that.
i actually thought about the idea of calling to activate hbo when live boxing was showing when i had directv and calling to cancel it when it was over....lol.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #2695
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Interesting comment on GGG's relatively low PPV numbers, which still project to be slightly over 150,000:

As for Golovkin, this is a perfect study in how you can be a star without being a PPV draw. He sells out arenas both in Europe and North America, several of his HBO fights have averaged in excess of one million viewers, but does that translate to fans wanting to pay to watch him on TV? Nope, not really.

Better news for GGG-the live gate was at $3.7 million, bigger than the $2 million for the Lemiuex fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #2696
MVP

OVR: 6

I definitely think that the ppv model for any form of entertainment is definitely dying.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »