Home

Old 03-23-2017, 12:28 AM   #2697
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmac0322
I definitely think that the ppv model for any form of entertainment is definitely dying.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
i agree...the trend is going towards cord cutting and live streaming so ppv may have to change quite a bit as well, if it endures at all.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:45 AM   #2698
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
i agree...the trend is going towards cord cutting and live streaming so ppv may have to change quite a bit as well, if it endures at all.
The issue with streaming is that it's still a media production that cost $. This relates back to my question. Like I can get media sponsorship to pay for that, but there still needs to be some form of revenue generation, otherwise, why bother.

If everyone were to stream, and the end of cable becomes a reality - either the steaming model will be drastically different and cost comparable to cable OR the quality of productions diminish in-line with the exponential decrease in revenue.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:59 PM   #2699
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Why? Promoters can just charge for the live stream the same way they do for PPV.

It's an easy sell, as almost everyone is accustomed to paying for streaming through Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO Go, NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass on mobile/computers, etc.

Same show, different delivery method, same price.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:38 AM   #2700
MVP

sheredia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Why? Promoters can just charge for the live stream the same way they do for PPV.

It's an easy sell, as almost everyone is accustomed to paying for streaming through Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO Go, NFL Sunday Ticket, NBA League Pass on mobile/computers, etc.

Same show, different delivery method, same price.
i see what you mean, but let's face it....hardly any recent boxing cards have been worth $60. they just aren't what they used to be.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #2701
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
i see what you mean, but let's face it....hardly any recent boxing cards have been worth $60. they just aren't what they used to be.
True. The Golovkin-Jacobs card last Saturday night was one of the few worth $55. Three of the four fights were very entertaining, including the co-main and the main.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2017, 07:14 PM   #2702
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm surprised no one has made a mayweather vs mcgregor fight thread yet?
Old 03-28-2017, 07:16 PM   #2703
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I'm surprised no one has made a mayweather vs mcgregor fight thread yet?
I haven't made one due to lack of interest.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:28 AM   #2704
MVP

sheredia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I haven't made one due to lack of interest.
i was going to but it's hard to be interested in a fight between an elite boxer vs. someone who has not even had a professional boxing match yet. it wreaks of shenanigans. we are not buying what floyd is selling this time. an extremely easy victory to go 50-0. (albeit at $100 or more on ppv) without even watching the fight, i can tell you exactly what is going to happen. floyd will carefully outbox conor very easily and stay out of harm's way the entire fight...most likely running as well in order to secure the lopsided win. yes, conor has power, age, height, southpaw and a puncher's chance but all of that can't make up for his lack of experience in a boxing ring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »