Home

2017 Coaching Carousel Thread

This is a discussion on 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2017, 09:58 AM   #57
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread

Local Sports Talk Radio here in DC is reporting that former NFL Commish Paul Tagliabue will be leading the Head Coach search for GT.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:46 PM   #58
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I'm not high on Amaker. I know Michigan was some time ago but he did little there after Seton Hall and even managed to raise some violation eyebrows at Harvard.

My gut tells me that Ewing wants an NBA job, mainly Sacramento.

Crean would be an interesting fit but I'm not a huge fan of his regimented style.
Crean wouldn't be a bad fit, it they just want to go from horrible to mediocre.
Dude is a horrible in game , X's and O's coach.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:03 PM   #59
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

I can't stand Doug Gottlieb. Can think of many names that aren't nice for that guy.

Regardless, he says he is hearing Alford to Indiana is a done deal. Which probably means it won't be him so take it with a grain of salt.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:17 PM   #60
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
I can't stand Doug Gottlieb. Can think of many names that aren't nice for that guy.

Regardless, he says he is hearing Alford to Indiana is a done deal. Which probably means it won't be him so take it with a grain of salt.

Interesting.
I too hate him with a passion, Gottlieb that is.
I think he will be a complete failure as a coach.

I am so torn, I really want Donovan but don't see him taking it.
I would be ok with Alford, he would recruit our state well. But his in game coach and track record remind me of Crean too much!
Old 03-24-2017, 02:25 PM   #61
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Interesting.
I too hate him with a passion, Gottlieb that is.
I think he will be a complete failure as a coach.

I am so torn, I really want Donovan but don't see him taking it.
I would be ok with Alford, he would recruit our state well. But his in game coach and track record remind me of Crean too much!
I have heard some of the Donovan stuff. You can't rule anything out although I too don't see him taking it.

As for Alford, I am not sure where I stand on it. I think he can definitely recruit the state and be an upgrade in that department. Because the talent will get better I think he will be better than Clappy. But while I think they will get better, I can't say with any confidence that he would get them to where they should be. Truthfully, the only reason I am not saying with 100% certainty that I don't think he will get Indiana back to where they should be are the unknowns. Such as him being from that area and playing there. He has done pretty well at UCLA, but I would guess his heart isn't in it as much as it would be at Indiana. So there are some roaming thoughts in my little brain that says there is a chance that, since he can recruit, that he can be very successful there.

We'll see. Hopefully UK can win tonight and get that process started for Indiana sooner rather than later. If not, then we'll just have to wait until they hire someone whenever that would be (someone other than Alford or whenever their season ends).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2017, 02:46 PM   #62
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Quote:
I have heard some of the Donovan stuff. You can't rule anything out although I too don't see him taking it.

As for Alford, I am not sure where I stand on it. I think he can definitely recruit the state and be an upgrade in that department. Because the talent will get better I think he will be better than Clappy. But while I think they will get better, I can't say with any confidence that he would get them to where they should be. Truthfully, the only reason I am not saying with 100% certainty that I don't think he will get Indiana back to where they should be are the unknowns. Such as him being from that area and playing there. He has done pretty well at UCLA, but I would guess his heart isn't in it as much as it would be at Indiana. So there are some roaming thoughts in my little brain that says there is a chance that, since he can recruit, that he can be very successful there.

We'll see. Hopefully UK can win tonight and get that process started for Indiana sooner rather than later. If not, then we'll just have to wait until they hire someone whenever that would be (someone other than Alford or whenever their season ends).
Not going to lie, I will be rooting for Alford and UCLA tonight.
I love their pace of play and love to watch Ball and TJ.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:21 PM   #63
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Not going to lie, I will be rooting for Alford and UCLA tonight.
I love their pace of play and love to watch Ball and TJ.
I fully understand. The good news is, if we win, you will know sooner rather than later if Alford is the guy. Silver lining in everything!
Old 03-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #64
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

Quote:
I fully understand. The good news is, if we win, you will know sooner rather than later if Alford is the guy. Silver lining in everything!
I wont be super disappointed no matter who wins.
I know I really enjoyed watching when they played earlier this year.
I am hoping for UNC and Kansas to get to the Final 4 since IU beat them both before their collapse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »