Home

2009 Auburn Tigers Football

This is a discussion on 2009 Auburn Tigers Football within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #473
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: 2009 Auburn Tigers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
We'll see if he actually performs as poorly as you expect this season.
I guess we'll also see if the Detroit Lions have turned into Super Bowl contenders in the last few months
Old 08-14-2009, 04:51 PM   #474
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Of course you do. Personally, I think Alabama firing Saban tomorrow and hiring A good BAMA guy LIKE Mike Shula is the best course of ACTION
I'm not hoping for Auburn's downfall man. But you think Burns would be better? Don't you think that if Caudle were really impressing the coaches they would choose him? You think they should just throw Rollison in there right away? Who else does Auburn have?

I'm not saying the guy is an All American and will lead Auburn to SECCG this year, BUT he did win 3 of 5 starts last year and he was hurt. As bad as he was, Caudle still can't beat him out so that should tell you something. Apparently he's 100% now and hell, most of the time he'll be handing off to a back anyway. I would expect him to be on a very short leash though and I'm sure there will be a lot of Rollison sightings this year.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 08-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #475
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Meh...who plays QB for Auburn this year won't make or break their season. As long as he can make the throws they ask him to and keeps his mistakes to a minimum, they will be fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #476
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
I'm not hoping for Auburn's downfall man. But you think Burns would be better? Don't you think that if Caudle were really impressing the coaches they would choose him? You think they should just throw Rollison in there right away? Who else does Auburn have?
Yes, I do think Burns would be better. Burns is a below average quarterback, but Todd has been amongst the worst QBs of all time.

As for the coaches, coaches have been proven to be wrong all the time. Hell, over the last few years I've seen Daniel Cobb and Tre Smith start over Jason Candle and the man with a penis sucking midget in his suitcase. Hell, I am still questioning how nobody could see that Fannin is easily our best player.

Quote:
BUT he did win 3 of 5 starts last year and he was hurt.
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.

Todd beat 2 mid majors (scoreless in the half against LMAO), scored a net of 1 point against ****ing Mistake, and 7 points against Ten-a-key.

Dude is horrible, record or not.

Quote:
As long as he can make the throws they ask him to and keeps his mistakes to a minimum, they will be fine.
Todd floats 5-10 yard patterns.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #477
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Todd floats 5-10 yard patterns.
You are so damn stubborn. He was hurt last year, do you really think Malzahn would choose him over Caudle, Rollison, and Burns if he doesn't give us the best chance to win? Have you seen how the team (Kodi more than anyone) has rallied behind this decision 100%. I highly doubt Malzahn would put put Todd on the field if he floating 5-10 yard patterns the past ten days in practice, it he has been then you should be debating Malzahn's incompetence just as much as you are Todd's.

Considering Malzahn throws the ball deep 5 times a game, I can assure you Todd has his arm strength back, it he didn't he simply wouldn't be capable of running the offense, and thus would be third string behind Caudle and Rollison.

Todd is the starter, and I trust Malzahn's decision on who can best run the offense more than the information you gathered while Todd was running Tony Franklin's offense with an injured throwing arm, and with a team that was torn apart because of the ongoing controversy at the quarterback position.

Just another day of fall ball...
Old 08-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #478
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
You are so damn stubborn. He was hurt last year, do you really think Malzahn would choose him over Caudle, Rollison, and Burns if he doesn't give us the best chance to win? Have you seen how the team (Kodi more than anyone) has rallied behind this decision 100%. I highly doubt Malzahn would put put Todd on the field if he floating 5-10 yard patterns the past ten days in practice, it he has been then you should be debating Malzahn's incompetence just as much as you are Todd's.
I'm nearly positive that we had this exact same conversation last year.

The fact is, I do know more about Auburn than the coaches and anyone else on the planet. That has been very evident the last two years.

Disagreeing with that is disagreeing with facts.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #479
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I'm nearly positive that we had this exact same conversation last year.

The fact is, I do know more about Auburn than the coaches and anyone else on the planet. That has been very evident the last two years.

Disagreeing with that is disagreeing with facts.
****, how'd I forget that, forgive me!
Old 08-16-2009, 02:13 AM   #480
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

You've got a long way to go junior. Being clever with one liners and being excited over accurately thinking Todd would struggle last year do not a Football Genius make.

But hey....keep thinking that.

I'm personally hoping the Coaches can make a believer out of me, because right now I'm not seeing how Todd has any chance in hell of being a legit SEC QB this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »