Home

2009 Auburn Tigers Football

This is a discussion on 2009 Auburn Tigers Football within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #393
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2009 Auburn Tigers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
Actually a bad start mentally, especially when dealing with someone as hard as Trickett, can be almost impossible to overcome. Phillips was told by Trickett and FSU to be down to around 315 by the time he showed up at FSU, and instead he showed up with even more weight on than before.

Some guys just don't have the fortitude to hack it in real balls to the wall S&C with borderline psychopaths like Trickett. Doesn't mean Phillips won't be successful at Auburn (or that Auburn's S&C program is inferior, as I have no idea), just a different strokes for different folks kind of thing.
I've heard Trickett is pretty crazy. If the coach doesn't put work in and adjust to the player, especially one who seems to be mentally weak, he obvious has a small chance to be successful. Some of the stuff Trickett reportedly said and did was kinda cruel, though.

On the subject of S&C, according to our players, Auburn has really upped the ante this year.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #394
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
I've heard Trickett is pretty crazy. If the coach doesn't put work in and adjust to the player, especially one who seems to be mentally weak, he obvious has a small chance to be successful. Some of the stuff Trickett reportedly said and did was kinda cruel, though.

On the subject of S&C, according to our players, Auburn has really upped the ante this year.
Trickett is the best in the business at what he does, some have the mental fortitude to play for him, it is clear Phillips doesn't. When you show up at camp 25 lbs over what you were told too, what do you expect? Everyone knows Trickett is a little insane and has a Marine style approach, this is why 2-3* players thrive for him while 4* players fail.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #395
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Trickett is the best in the business at what he does, some have the mental fortitude to play for him, it is clear Phillips doesn't. When you show up at camp 25 lbs over what you were told too, what do you expect? Everyone knows Trickett is a little insane and has a Marine style approach, this is why 2-3* players thrive for him while 4* players fail.
You're right because all 2-3 star players have more mental fortitude than all 4 star players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #396
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
You're right because all 2-3 star players have more mental fortitude than all 4 star players.
Only the ones who played for Florida St or the previous players of a Florida St coach
Old 07-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #397
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I know Rick Trickett. I've witnessed Rick Trickett's abusive tactics on the football field when I was at Auburn in 1998.

Trickett is an abusive, giant S.O.B. Period.

When you watch what he did to Colin Sears in 98 at AU, then you can tell me how awesome Trickett is.

Good thing Colin knocked his azz out...true story.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #398
Rookie

Nicksosure's Arena

OVR: 1

How do you guys feel about Howard's commitment? He's probably going to play defensive back seeing as how were a little thin back there. I think this guy is pretty underrated, but we'll see.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:38 AM   #399
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
But if you guys don't think he's good enough for FSU, we will certainly take him, so would have Alabama and Arkansas.
Eh, I don't know about that.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-21-2009, 03:46 AM   #400
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Eh, I don't know about that.

Yeah he'd probably never see the field at Alabama. Our offensive line depth is probably the most deep of any position on our team.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »