Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2022, 04:26 PM   #8633

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: College Football Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
The mixing of big money business and academics will always be a dumb idea. You can't regulate what players are able to make without regulating how much money goes into the pockets of the school/coaches/administration without it being insanely hypocritical.

If coaches can make $10M/year, and schools can get paid $50M/year from TV revenue, then players should be able to take whatever someone is willing to give them without regulation.
That's pretty much where I am. I see nothing wrong with what's going on with Jordan Addison. If someone out there is willing to pay $3m to have him play for USC instead of Pitt, I don't see any good reason to deny him that brinks truck.
Old 05-03-2022, 05:38 PM   #8634

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
That's pretty much where I am. I see nothing wrong with what's going on with Jordan Addison. If someone out there is willing to pay $3m to have him play for USC instead of Pitt, I don't see any good reason to deny him that brinks truck.
Agreed - Technically the only issue is what canes eluded to above. Coaches can't have contact with players before they've entered the portal and last I saw Addison hadn't even officially entered the portal yet.

Then you find out that while coaching can't talk to them before their in the portal it's apparently okay for alumns to contact them lol????

But like Canes said, every school is tampering one way or the other. It's not his fault Pitt can't secure him an NIL deal the same way USC or another school can. Get the money while you can.

Edit: Should add, I know it not much of a surprise but the only people I really see mad about it are Pitt fans.
Old 05-10-2022, 02:30 PM   #8635
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Nothing can save the NCAA at this point.

I can't wait till the try to sanction someone for NIL violations. That will be the end of them. And it couldn't happen to a better organization.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2022, 02:34 PM   #8636
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This will be the reason the NCAA dies a slow and irrelevant death.
The Walking Dead.. not just a tv series anymore.

They died after the O'bannon suit was decided. We just didn't realize it at the time.
Old 05-11-2022, 10:51 PM   #8637
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

ACC is considering eliminating divisions, starting in 2023, and going with a 3-5-5 schedule model.

Each team's schedule will consist of 3 permanent opponents among the 8 conference games. The remaining 5 games will rotate between the 10 remaining schools - essentially playing those 5 schools every other year.

The proposed setup will allow each school play each conference school at least once every 2 years, and it will allow each school to play at their opponent's school once every 4 years.
Old 05-11-2022, 11:52 PM   #8638
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

How would this affect CBB?
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:17 PM   #8639
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
How would this affect CBB?
ACC College Basketball? Not at all.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 05-12-2022, 03:45 PM   #8640
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

The D1 Council is in fact voting next week to completely get rid of the "divisions" requirement for football conference championship games starting in 2023.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »