Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-26-2022, 01:59 PM   #8873
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: College Football Off Topic

Firing coaches mid-season never helps anyone and it hurts the roster even more with the way the transfer portal, opt outs, etc. works. It mostly serves to keep fans and people with money happy with the AD or in this case the President. I hope Georgia Tech bounces back one day.
Old 09-26-2022, 02:39 PM   #8874
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

My dad's a GT alum, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them. There's really no reason they shouldn't be in the upper half of the ACC. But they weren't really competitive at all under Collins. Hopefully they get this hire right.

With their color scheme, they should have one of the better uniforms too. They moved closer in that direction this season, at least.
Old 09-26-2022, 02:51 PM   #8875
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Auburn and Georgia Tech have played 92 times which is more than the Iron Bowl despite the two teams not meeting since 2005.

The series' relevancy was all before I was born though so I don't look at Georgia Tech with any contempt. The series took a hiatus between 87 and 2003 where it was resumed for a home and home. I do remember those games though because Calvin Johnson killed us.

It's a shame with all of the home and home series going on that they couldn't find a way to renew this rivalry once more before the SEC Expansion screws up the scheduling again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2022, 03:42 PM   #8876
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Should've never fired my man Paul Johnson.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-26-2022, 03:56 PM   #8877
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

I have no affiliation whatsoever to Georgia Tech - other than going on a tour there when I was considering schools. I left really loving campus, Atlanta, and everything both had to offer. Too bad I got waitlisted.

One thing I do know is that the Tech fan base WILL show up if the team hires the right coach and starts to sniff relevancy again. They definitely deserve it, and like others have said, certainly do not lack the resources to be able to recruit better.

Last edited by RoundingThird; 09-26-2022 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-26-2022, 04:22 PM   #8878
All Star

OVR: 8

It was always going to be a hard transition going from the triple option, but Collins never showed any progress. They had some decent recruiting under him, but the team just looked bad every Saturday for 3+ years. The entire team is full of Collins players at this point, and so it was just time. It probably should have happened at the end of last year.

They do have a lot of recruiting challenges with the academic standards as well as academic offerings for majors, but they have shown in the past that they can still pull in guys. Paul Johnsons really struggled to recruit, but his best years were with Chan Gailey's players who did recruit fairly well there.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:15 PM   #8879
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Should've never fired my man Paul Johnson.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Was there something to suggest they retired him rather than him choosing to retire on his own?
Old 09-26-2022, 08:33 PM   #8880
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUChase
Firing coaches mid-season never helps anyone and it hurts the roster even more with the way the transfer portal, opt outs, etc. works. It mostly serves to keep fans and people with money happy with the AD or in this case the President. I hope Georgia Tech bounces back one day.
It gives them the ability to talk to coaches. With early recruiting, it is probably going to happen more. You can't wait because the players that leave are going to leave anyways. You need to make a hire as quick as you can.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »