Home

NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #25
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
That's true, compared to default last year that is an improvement, but the ratio still needs to be improved. I don't know what the average TD/INT ratio was in college football last year but I'm certain it was above 1:1 or 1:2.
I've tried looking for the ratio but can't find it anywhere...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #26
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Wow! This sounds just like last year. Better than the prior year... still needs work... we'll talk to them about these issues...

They didn't address a single aspect of the game I was hoping for. Yall are asking for little things and I'm still asking for basic football essentials: QB pocket, blocking, tackling, rushing the QB... nevermind. I'm tired of writing that list.

It sounds like the player models look like football players.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #27
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

So INT's could still be an issue, and their idea of presentation is showing too many cut scenes of cheerleaders?

While I hope I am very wrong, it seems that all they did was bring old features back. While that is good, I expect much, much more. I highly doubt they can tweak the game for the better at this point. Maybe the sliders will actually work this year to help out the tweaking.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:20 AM   #28
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

Doesn't seem very encouraging to me. Why do they spend all their time on things like QB and Kicker minigames that no one wanted or asked for when the basic fundamentals of the sport are still broken? And they still only have one friggin camera? That's nothing but pure laziness. Moving the camera is one of the most basic things you can do in programming a game.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:21 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 25

Wow, I'm not surprisingly underwhelmed. Its an early build but seriously we all know practically none of this will get fixed by the final build. The fact that they didn't address the INT TD issue is mind-blowing. One of the HUGE problems that killed the game last year and its still an issue. So far it just sounds like the same old EA crap, however I don't think anyone should be surprised by that. I will hold my absolute final judgement until the game releases, but it doesn't look good so far.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #30
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
So INT's could still be an issue, and their idea of presentation is showing too many cut scenes of cheerleaders?

While I hope I am very wrong, it seems that all they did was bring old features back. While that is good, I expect much, much more. I highly doubt they can tweak the game for the better at this point. Maybe the sliders will actually work this year to help out the tweaking.
Alot of good news in there, but the INT issue is a concern. I really don't want to relive the struggles I had with 08.

I am also a bit concerned that combined scores over 100 were common. While I didn't like all the INTs last year, I did like the defensive focus. Historically, EA football games have been too offensive, especially in the 4th quarter when man, beast & cpu could throw deep into triple coverage with confidence.....I hope we don't head back in that direction.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:26 AM   #31
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I've tried looking for the ratio but can't find it anywhere...
The ratio for the Pac-10 was 211(TD):144(INT)

and by comparison even the Sun Belt had a superior TD/INT ratio at 156:125

From the looks of it, all conferences have a positive TD to INT ratio, they aren't equal or greater in the INT column.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 12:26 AM   #32
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Still having the one camera angle is an absolute embarrassment. Please tell me that is a joke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »