Home

NCAA Football 10 Blog: It's in the Details

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Blog: It's in the Details within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #193
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 10 Blog: It's in the Details

any news about a broadcast camera angle? is there any camera options in 2010 th9s year?
Old 03-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #194
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
any news about a broadcast camera angle? is there any camera options in 2010 th9s year?
i doubt it....... i guess cause they have to rewrite like the whole game from scratch and implement the camera angles first..............
Old 03-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #195
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
Actually i fail to see the difference you choose to pay for the game, you can however not pay for the game and make your own.

For anything else that you purchase do you have a say in it? Do you go on toyota's site and tell them how to make their trucks? do you go to movie studios and tell them what u expect to happen when they release a movie?

For instance you guys wanted nets , seems like its in the game but now u guys are complaining about EAs logo being seen everywhere.This is why the game never lives up to its hype for most of "you" guys, its because theres always something for you guys to complain about. last year it was defense being too automatic, this year its the lack of the defense doing everything for you guys.cant wait to see what it will be this year.
Good points. I mostly agree with you that people for some reason feel their opinions are superior to EA's, or that they could do a better job, even though most of them have no knowledge for what it takes to create a game in the first place.

You wouldn't go tell Toyota how they can make their trucks better even though you don't know a darn thing about how to make a truck, why are you telling EA what to do?

Frankly I don't care if the net has the EA logo on it. They made the game! If they can't/don't want to get a sponsor to have their name on the nets, let them put their own name on the damn thing. Jeez people, this is getting ridiculous. Every time they add something to the game, it's never 'awesome, I've been wanting that forever!' it's 'wow I could have done that so much better than you did. EA sucks'. Give it a break, I'm sick of it personally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #196
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Actually i fail to see the difference you choose to pay for the game, you can however not pay for the game and make your own.
LOL, well making your own game is not an easy thing to do, and I wouldn't say that's a positive connection to the main subject at all, or even something to be considered a reasonable alternative. Let me put this a different way...

If you pay me in some way (directly or indirectly) and therefore contribute in part or whole to my livelihood, then you have the power to voice your expectation on what I do unless otherwise agreed upon. The EA devs being here is in many ways a literal representation of their desire to hear what we expect from them as they take suggestions and expectations and do some things based on community interaction (whereas before it was only an implied representation).

Quote:
For anything else that you purchase do you hav or even reasone a say in it? Do you go on toyota's site and tell them how to make their trucks? do you go to movie studios and tell them what u expect to happen when they release a movie?
Actually, yes. In fact both of those situations have forums for people to do exactly what we're doing here; say what you do want, what you don't want, what you expect, make suggestions, etc. The company will ultimately make the final decision, but as a consumer you have every right to tell the company what you expect from them (especially when they ask for it), and for the most part companies do use that feedback to help produce their products.

Last year, EA was going to force the blue celebration squares on us with no way to turn it off. People told EA that they wanted to be able to turn off the blue celeberation squares in Madden 09. It showed up on forums like these, blogs, everywhere. The consumer spoke up and told EA what they didn't want, EA listened and gave us the ability to remove the squares where before they'd intended them to be a permanent stay with no ability to turn them off... that's an actual example of the consumer telling EA "Take this out of the game!" and EA listening and providing what the consumer asked for.

Quote:
For instance you guys wanted nets , seems like its in the game but now u guys are complaining about EAs logo being seen everywhere.This is why the game never lives up to its hype for most of "you" guys, its because theres always something for you guys to complain about. last year it was defense being too automatic, this year its the lack of the defense doing everything for you guys.cant wait to see what it will be this year.
But the fact that there was even room to complain that nets weren't in is the bigger problem, that's the point you have to look at.

The other thing is that a complaint is certainly valid when it's brought up under a factual deficiency. I don't know much about NCAA's problems as I played Madden mostly last season, but when critical parts of a game are broken the consumer better speak up because often times not voicing makes the company believe everything is ok (you might be surprised at how often that actually happens). With Madden, Madden IQ with no CPU sliders ruined the game. It was a big mistake; it was flatly irresponsible and they should've known better. That needed to be complained about, and hopefully those complaints have taught Tiburon not to make game-killing mistakes like that in the future.

In a nutshell, probably 90% percent of what we do here is tell companies what we want/don't want to be in the game. If we stopped that, the forums would be practically empty.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #197
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Good points. I mostly agree with you that people for some reason feel their opinions are superior to EA's, or that they could do a better job, even though most of them have no knowledge for what it takes to create a game in the first place.

You wouldn't go tell Toyota how they can make their trucks better even though you don't know a darn thing about how to make a truck, why are you telling EA what to do?

Frankly I don't care if the net has the EA logo on it. They made the game! If they can't/don't want to get a sponsor to have their name on the nets, let them put their own name on the damn thing. Jeez people, this is getting ridiculous. Every time they add something to the game, it's never 'awesome, I've been wanting that forever!' it's 'wow I could have done that so much better than you did. EA sucks'. Give it a break, I'm sick of it personally.
I think that's a bit ridiculous to think "superiority" has anything to do with consumers telling a company how they feel and giving suggestions, lol. You've gotta be kidding.

Consumers buy the product, consumers know what they want out of the product, and that's why companies listen to the feedback. No one has asserted that they could make a better game or anything, and to try and make that a point is just taking things to an extreme akin to telling someone they should just make their own game. That type of reasoning makes no sense.

Let's be serious here, most of the stuff people have been asking for are things that have either been in Madden in the past or other games. As a result consumers feel like they're getting less game for their buck, sales are down, and public opinion is at an all-time low. If circumstances were different, do you think EA employees would be here asking for feedback? I don't. Because when the game was selling well and the average consumer actually loved it, things were different.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 03-02-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #198
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Looking at the field goal nets....I hope they don't put that in all the stadiums. At Ole Miss we don't use field goal nets. Would be kind of stupid if they put them in stadiums that don't have it.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #199
Rookie

vanderbiltfan87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
I believe omt mentioned a few months ago that they were planning on implementing a new camera system for ncaa 10.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #200
Banned

OVR: 11

i'm hoping there are going to be new camera angles in this game, it's one of the things i loved about playin ncaa and it's not even on next gen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »