Home

NCAA Football 10 Blog: It's in the Details

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Blog: It's in the Details within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #201
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 10 Blog: It's in the Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
LOL, well making your own game is not an easy thing to do, and I wouldn't say that's a positive connection to the main subject at all, or even something to be considered a reasonable alternative. Let me put this a different way...

If you pay me in some way (directly or indirectly) and therefore contribute in part or whole to my livelihood, then you have the power to voice your expectation on what I do unless otherwise agreed upon. The EA devs being here is in many ways a literal representation of their desire to hear what we expect from them as they take suggestions and expectations and do some things based on community interaction (whereas before it was only an implied representation).

Actually, yes. In fact both of those situations have forums for people to do exactly what we're doing here; say what you do want, what you don't want, what you expect, make suggestions, etc. The company will ultimately make the final decision, but as a consumer you have every right to tell the company what you expect from them (especially when they ask for it), and for the most part companies do use that feedback to help produce their products.

Last year, EA was going to force the blue celebration squares on us with no way to turn it off. People told EA that they wanted to be able to turn off the blue celeberation squares in Madden 09. It showed up on forums like these, blogs, everywhere. The consumer spoke up and told EA what they didn't want, EA listened and gave us the ability to remove the squares where before they'd intended them to be a permanent stay with no ability to turn them off... that's an actual example of the consumer telling EA "Take this out of the game!" and EA listening and providing what the consumer asked for.

But the fact that there was even room to complain that nets weren't in is the bigger problem, that's the point you have to look at.

The other thing is that a complaint is certainly valid when it's brought up under a factual deficiency. I don't know much about NCAA's problems as I played Madden mostly last season, but when critical parts of a game are broken the consumer better speak up because often times not voicing makes the company believe everything is ok (you might be surprised at how often that actually happens). With Madden, Madden IQ with no CPU sliders ruined the game. It was a big mistake; it was flatly irresponsible and they should've known better. That needed to be complained about, and hopefully those complaints have taught Tiburon not to make game-killing mistakes like that in the future.

In a nutshell, probably 90% percent of what we do here is tell companies what we want/don't want to be in the game. If we stopped that, the forums would be practically empty.
I know why the devs are here and its to take ideas and try to implement them, but when they release Screen shots and people complain about them having there logo on it , it seems that they are going too far and its very stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #202
MVP

OVR: 20
Unless some of the core gameplay problems get fixed/tweaked like the o-line vs. d-line interaction, the terrible CPU QB and RB AI, bad CPU playcalling and some other issues I could care less what small details are added to the game. If those things aren't addressed there is no way I am buying NCAA for the first time in a long time. Fix the core gameplay, I am sick of these problems going unadressed.

Until then I am will be playing The Show 09, a true sim expierence.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #203
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Can you find a picture?
Some are videos because that is all I could find:

2002 Fiesta Bowl (What I was talking about):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHwkQtxU-J4

2003 Sun Bowl:
Couldn't find anything

2005 Holiday Bowl:
Couldn't find any pictures or videos

2006 Las Vegas Bowl (generic script):

2007 Sun Bowl (generic script):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsMmZ2cOze8

2008 Holiday Bowl (they didn't change the script from the Chargers Game):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eauRx_BjTFA

So I can't really prove that we haven't gotten the yellow back with green text however I can say that I have never seen it done, in fact there hasn't really been a colored background for Oregon before since most just go with the yellow script. So hopefully you can change that, shouldn't be too hard but I'm not a programmer.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #204
Rookie

Taitr23's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Its back and we've fixed some stuff. There's also a new component that I'll be talking about at a later date.
Spectator mode
Old 03-03-2009, 06:33 AM   #205
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Unless some of the core gameplay problems get fixed/tweaked like the o-line vs. d-line interaction, the terrible CPU QB and RB AI, bad CPU playcalling and some other issues I could care less what small details are added to the game. If those things aren't addressed there is no way I am buying NCAA for the first time in a long time. Fix the core gameplay, I am sick of these problems going unadressed.

Until then I am will be playing The Show 09, a true sim expierence.
I can't believe I agree with a Michigan fan but you are dead on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #206
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
And if you did park on "your" lawn, it isn't my place or anyone's to tell you "your" car isn't suppose to be on "your" lawn.
unless you have an HOA in your community.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #207
Rookie

OVR: 1
send this to ea sports they need to add the wakeforest deacon tower, the mascot, and the entrances for all the schools but dont for get the most important one when the demon deacon comes out on the motorcycle.....
Old 03-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #208
Rookie

OVR: 1

and yo guys need to add the helmets that peen state had this year the SCHUTT HELMET - ION 4D.
last but not least make the field look more degradation like maddens fields are. and there should be marching bands, halftime, and pregame shows really....and last but not least the time of the day should go down, like for instance 30 minutes ever quarter or somethin make it more realistic, there also should be coaches on the side line field trainers, the whole nine..... the pylon cones should move if yo hit them, and the chain gang should be back this year. and make it so u can challenge the plays by yourself 2 twice a game anytime except after 2 minutes, jerseys should get really dirty, and the out of bounds yard marker should move if yo get hit on it or if you hit it. and their should be more accecories in the create a player mode such as, dreads, braids, etc and mouth pieces, different brand of shoes and the new schutt ion 4d helmets, and last but not least the team entrances will wrap it up......i hope you guys over their at ea sports hear me out on this one because as a 60 dollar ncaa college football die heart fan you should take all of this in consideration that this stuff is mandetory this year stop slacking and give the ea gamers somthing to rave about this year...... THANKS!!!!!!!!! WAKEFOREST123

Last edited by wakeforest123; 03-03-2009 at 04:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »