Home

NCAA Football 10 Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Videos (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #81
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA Football 10 Videos (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
Yeah, it's hard to do midline from the Shotgun in the first place

(I think Tony Demeo from Charleston does it, however ----- everyone should look his offense up on youtube, it's amazing)

and even tougher with a guy having to slow down to take that angle into the line of scrimmage.

It looks like a zone read but the traditional ZR has the QB read the BACKSIDE defensive end, the side where there would someone pulling FROM

So:

S S

CB LB LB LB CB
DE T T DE
X------------LT-LG-C-RG-RT---------------Z
------Y----------------H--------------------
--------------------Q-RB--------------------

This is the set we're looking at, right?

A regular zone read with Y as the potential ball carrier would have the LT pull to the right, leaving the defensive end over the LT unblocked. If he follows Y across the formation, the QB would pull the ball and take off to the left. If that defensive end stayed at home, the QB would give the ball and they would have numbers blocking on the right side.

That's ONE way to do it, and I'm sure there are other, better ways. The disadvantage of this way is that with the slot being the guy the QB meshes with, the OLB on that side is now unblocked too, and not because he's being optioned off of. So, there is probably a better way.

But what we're looking at is not the ZR and I'd honestly like to know what it is. I'm not super-knowledgable about Florida's playbook, so this could well be a well-executed play that's actually in their playbook.
I only use floridas playbook and ik that for 09 there was a play like what you mentioned but only 1. That formation is incorrect, there is a TE outside of the LT's left shoulder playing a wingback postion.
Maybe someone ws suppose to pull but responded to an incoming blitz? ( i dont remember if there even was one im just thinking out loud)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #82
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
seems the same gameplay wise. No change in my eyes. The cut on the dime and running animation all seems soooooooo fast and arcade.
Bingo! When will we get realistic on the field play? They move like marbles sliding all over the field. The cuts are to fast without planting. Yuk!

Graphics look improved but other than that it seems to play the same way. Hopefully we can slow it down a bit.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 04-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #83
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
if the lighting is dynamic, shouldn't the shadows move? How can it get darker and not have shadows move?
I am guessing it just isn't possible at this point to have the shadows move. My guess is that if the sky does change and get darker then the field will just eventually get lit by the stadium lights, reducing the shadows. My guess is that if they had time to sneak back in time progression they didn't get to fix shadows and the way the stadiums react to that just yet. Just speculation though. Still I say this because in that video I totally see it getting darker in the sky!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #84
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

let's keep in mind that russ said team builder is only 60-70% done and that was 2 days ago so maybe gameplay is still being looked at.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Bingo! When will we get realistic on the field play? They move like marbles sliding all over the field. The cuts are to fast without planting. Yuk!

Graphics look improved but other than that it seems to play the same way. Hopefully we can slow it down a bit.
I liked the video but the game seems a tad too fast yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Looks about the same to me. And great to see the brought jump the snap back. Just looks way too fast and arcade for me. I wonder if they will have a speed slider this year?

Old 04-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #87
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm almost positive that will be the final gameplay build.

It looks like the animations are never going to change, but alas, they are merely animations. What actually happens on the field is dictated by the AI, which (they insinuate) got a major update this year.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #88
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

Any one notice in the Season Showdown: The End Game video at the 14 second mark on the play call screen there is a chew clock option. Anyone know what this is about? Accelerated clock maybe?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »