Home

NCAA Football 10 Blog: Season Showdown: Strategy, New Video Too

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Blog: Season Showdown: Strategy, New Video Too within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #81
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Blog is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
So you want your games devoid of strategy? Did you watch the video? I could care a less about season showdown, but I liked the video a lot.
i had wrote that before watching the vid, they shouldnt have named the blog Season Showdown because that set off a red light.

So this whole strategy thing, is that only used if you've activated Season Showdown? So if i dont ever touch Season Showdown will i be able to not have to use that strategy because i dont want do be messing with making my guys go for strips and have to change it throughout the game and basically tell them to play a certain way.

Few other things, the gameplay looks slightly improved, and i mean slightly. The running backs are still way too fast in their moves, no guy can be in a full sprint, juke fast and still remain in that full sprint.

Also, BC's uni's look nice (glad they got the white cleats) but seeing them with those high pro style socks really makes me upset we can't give our CAS teams any other colored sock except white or black. I just dont understand that. So stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 10 Blog: Season Showdown: Strategy, New Video Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Yep, I can't wait. I'm looking forward to a fun year. Good luck. If you manage to come out for the game I hope you enjoy your trip.
Thanks! I so wish I could come out to the game. I have never been to Oklahoma and the midwest intrigues me. However with my daughter on the way, my long anticipated trip out west will have to wait another day. I'm actually really worried about the Oklahoma State game. A rebuilding UGA team without its explosive offensive duo from yesteryear going on the road against a top ten team for its opener. September could spell trouble for the Dawgs early on:

September 5th- AT Oklahoma State
September 12th- South Carolina
September 19th- AT Arkansas
September 26th Arizona State
Old 05-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i had wrote that before watching the vid, they shouldnt have named the blog Season Showdown because that set off a red light.

So this whole strategy thing, is that only used if you've activated Season Showdown?
a couple people in the thread have said it's not, but i'd still like to see further confirmation on that as well
Old 05-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #84
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Obviously, my favorite part of the video was getting to see some footage of my team (by the way, Dez is too light, but I can fix that in roughly 10 seconds). However, something else I saw that makes me happy and gives me hope happened on that stretch run play by Michigan State. The defender gets pretty close to the TE but doesn't get sucked up by him. Now, he's out in front and has an angle, so this is by no means confirmation that suction blocking is fixed, but it's at least encouraging. I feel like the defender would have been blocked in 09.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #85
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
a couple people in the thread have said it's not, but i'd still like to see further confirmation on that as well
so you mean it will still be there even if we never activate Season Showdown or it will only be there if Season Showdown is activated?

If its there anyway then they better have an option to turn it off because i dont want to use it. I dont want to have to tell my team to be aggressive then have them getting burned for being too aggressive.

Also, that looks really stupid the way they have the defense picking whether they think the play will go right or left. In all the years ive played and now coach football ive never had my team or told my team to have the whole front 7 or front 8 to all go to 1 side. Thats not football. Theres no backside containment which is 100% unrealistic because every coach makes sure there is at least 1 guy there for containment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #86
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
Thanks! I so wish I could come out to the game. I have never been to Oklahoma and the midwest intrigues me. However with my daughter on the way, my long anticipated trip out west will have to wait another day. I'm actually really worried about the Oklahoma State game. A rebuilding UGA team without its explosive offensive duo from yesteryear going on the road against a top ten team for its opener. September could spell trouble for the Dawgs early on:

September 5th- AT Oklahoma State
September 12th- South Carolina
September 19th- AT Arkansas
September 26th Arizona State
Congratulations on your daughter! And I offer my deepest condolences as well. That is a rough 4 game stretch. I too am worried about the game. We seem to have more continuity and depth on the defensive side of the ball than we've had in a while. And we made what most people believe to be a solid hire at Defensive Coordinator (OSU alum Bill Young). With all that said our defense has been horrible at best in recent years. Most Cowboy fans would be ecstatic if we had a top-50 defense this year. That's really saying something.

No matter who wins it should be a close game. You guys probably have enough talent on defense to stay in any game, and it's gonna be hard to pull away from our offense. It should be a great game to watch.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #87
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Fear not, folks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
This may seem like a dumb question, but a couple of people over at OS have come to the conclusion that the various gameplay elements described in this vid will only be available to users who choose a team for Season Showdown. Surely that's not the case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt @ ncaastrategies
No, that's not the case. They are available whether you participate in SS or not.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
so you mean it will still be there even if we never activate Season Showdown or it will only be there if Season Showdown is activated?

If its there anyway then they better have an option to turn it off because i dont want to use it. I dont want to have to tell my team to be aggressive then have them getting burned for being too aggressive.
i just read over at utopia from the guys who played it at cd. the strategy elements are core to the game so you don't need to be signed up for ss to use them.

EDIT: NVM coogrfan beat me to it. very good news there

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »