Home

Under the Radar Teams That Are a MUST USE in NCAA Football 10

This is a discussion on Under the Radar Teams That Are a MUST USE in NCAA Football 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #41
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Under the Radar Teams that are MUST USE in NCAA 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by six
I got one that's in the SEC that I think would be fun to use, but I"m a homer so who knows.

The Kentucky Wildcats.

The defense is led by 95 rated Lindley at QB...but other than him no one is really rated that high...so it will be more of a challenge stopping the SEC offenses you will face like FL, GA, etc.

Offensively, I think true freshmen Morgan Newton at QB is an interesting person on the game. He is rated 83 overall, so he has star potential all over him by his 3rd year, and he has 87 speed so he is fast as well. Kentucky also has several fast runningbacks and some underrated WR's...

So, if you are looking for an underrated and not juiced team in the SEC...try UK...or Vandy. Building those teams up are always challenges and so fulfilling when you win your first SEC championship game.
I hope Micah Johnson gets some love in the roster update. He's a beast. Good call on Kentucky, they are a solid team. Other than Baylor, I just listed non BCS schools for people who may not be familiar with those conferences. But yea teams like Kentucky and Vanderbilt are sleeper teams for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #42
six
Banned

OVR: 6

Yea, I hope so. Him being rated an 81 is a travesty...he's third team all American in my Phil Steele and Athlon magazines I believe. I believe he should be a 90 atleast. And he's on third team All American because the SEC has a couple of other dominant middle linebackers ahead of him. He's a beast indeed.

And I really enjoyed your list, I will definitely do a dynasty with one or two of those schools. It's fun to build up the mid majors...I go to MTSU for college so I will probably do one with them, I usually do. They are running the Tony Franklin offense this year...hopefully it works better in the Sun Belt then the SEC lol.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #43
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

yea building up mid major's is great, especially in a state with Nation Powers.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #44
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Enjoyed your read. Southern Miss should be very fun to play with on offense, but defense is still a question mark, but they should be better there too.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #45
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
Enjoyed your read. Southern Miss should be very fun to play with on offense, but defense is still a question mark, but they should be better there too.
McRath was a beast it's gonna be damn near impossible to replace him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
Pretty much all of those teams will suck in the game. Baylor might be decent for cheesers because of their speedy QB.
It depends on what you are doing with them. If you are trying to play online or against another human in play now playing against like florida or oklahoma then yeah, they will suck. However, if you play with them against other teams the same level they are in my opinion the best games because they are not so overrated as some of the top teams. Sure, the top teams should be better than them but a lot of players, especially the weaker players on good teams, usually are rated better than they should be just to make the team better.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #47
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

I find that sometimes when I choose a lower ranked team, that my opponent uses a team that is good but not elite. Most times he is unfamiliar with that team but feels he can still get an easy win over me. Most times its an epic fail for my opponent.

The key to using an underrated team in NCAA, and having sucess online, is knowing YOUR team. Know your weaknesses and know your strengths. Play to your strengths. If I play with Navy, I'm not gonna sling the ball 40 times a game. I'm gonna pound the ball, wear the defense down, and eat up clock. Or if I'm playing with Buffalo, I'm not gonna chuck the ball all over the field with the inexperienced QB. I'm gonna hand the ball off to Starks and setup a big play to Roosevelt.

You have to manage the game with teams like this. Their talent as a whole is not enough to beat Great teams. Individually they may have 2 or 3 good players. You have to eliminate your mistakes and capitalize on your opponent's mistakes.

I feel that winning with a variety of teams makes a good player. Not using Florida every game and destroying opponents game after game. If your good enough and smart enough, you can win with any team.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 12

I played a lot of games online last year, and my favorite thing to do was let my opponent pick a team and then I'd pick one rated a few points below his pick. I had a list of about 25 or 30 teams from 90 overall to 60 overall, and used them all randomly. Made it a lot of fun.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »