Home

Under the Radar Teams That Are a MUST USE in NCAA Football 10

This is a discussion on Under the Radar Teams That Are a MUST USE in NCAA Football 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #49
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Under the Radar Teams that are MUST USE in NCAA 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
I played a lot of games online last year, and my favorite thing to do was let my opponent pick a team and then I'd pick one rated a few points below his pick. I had a list of about 25 or 30 teams from 90 overall to 60 overall, and used them all randomly. Made it a lot of fun.
Keep the game fresh
Old 07-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #50
Rookie

Ronizzle's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by six
I got one that's in the SEC that I think would be fun to use, but I"m a homer so who knows.

The Kentucky Wildcats.

The defense is led by 95 rated Lindley at QB...but other than him no one is really rated that high...so it will be more of a challenge stopping the SEC offenses you will face like FL, GA, etc.

Offensively, I think true freshmen Morgan Newton at QB is an interesting person on the game. He is rated 83 overall, so he has star potential all over him by his 3rd year, and he has 87 speed so he is fast as well. Kentucky also has several fast runningbacks and some underrated WR's...

So, if you are looking for an underrated and not juiced team in the SEC...try UK...or Vandy. Building those teams up are always challenges and so fulfilling when you win your first SEC championship game.
I might go with Kentucky this year...I was doing rosters for PS2, and came across them. Newton is a BEAST, they also got damn fast running backs. The defense is alright, but the defense will be able to be built up with Newton still there(most likely will be a 90 or so by his senior year)
Old 07-12-2009, 10:54 PM   #51
Rookie

aimiami's Arena

OVR: 21
definatley southern miss or baylor i mean robert griffin just a beast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #52
MVP

UATide's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
I find that sometimes when I choose a lower ranked team, that my opponent uses a team that is good but not elite. Most times he is unfamiliar with that team but feels he can still get an easy win over me. Most times its an epic fail for my opponent.

The key to using an underrated team in NCAA, and having sucess online, is knowing YOUR team. Know your weaknesses and know your strengths. Play to your strengths. If I play with Navy, I'm not gonna sling the ball 40 times a game. I'm gonna pound the ball, wear the defense down, and eat up clock. Or if I'm playing with Buffalo, I'm not gonna chuck the ball all over the field with the inexperienced QB. I'm gonna hand the ball off to Starks and setup a big play to Roosevelt.

You have to manage the game with teams like this. Their talent as a whole is not enough to beat Great teams. Individually they may have 2 or 3 good players. You have to eliminate your mistakes and capitalize on your opponent's mistakes.

I feel that winning with a variety of teams makes a good player. Not using Florida every game and destroying opponents game after game. If your good enough and smart enough, you can win with any team.

What he said! Excellent post, man.

Gosh I can't wait any longer for this game!!

This Is Alabama Football.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #53
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Under the Radar Teams That Are a MUST USE in NCAA Football 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimiami
definatley southern miss or baylor i mean robert griffin just a beast
I plan to bust up some fools with Robert Griffin and the flexbone.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-12-2009, 11:47 PM   #54
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I plan to bust up some fools with Robert Griffin and the flexbone.
Their playbook is very unique. They have ace, flexbone, i formation, strong i, and a bunch of shotgun sets to run a spread. It definitely looks great with Griffin running the show.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #55
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Great post gatorguy. To be honest, I try to avoid usuing Florida at all costs in the game. I only used them once on a PSP dynasty 3 years ago. I love small schools especially navy. I hated playing online becaiuse everyone uses Florida, Texas, OU, etc. and its just unfun. Kind of like how everyone uses the Lakers Cavs, or Celtics in NBA games. Last year I had a lot of fun taking Houston to the Big 12 and winning the Championship in 6 years. Hopefully I can find a new school to do this with this year. I'm thinkin' Dan LeFevour and the Chippewas right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 12:06 AM   #56
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
Great post gatorguy. To be honest, I try to avoid usuing Florida at all costs in the game. I only used them once on a PSP dynasty 3 years ago. I love small schools especially navy. I hated playing online becaiuse everyone uses Florida, Texas, OU, etc. and its just unfun. Kind of like how everyone uses the Lakers Cavs, or Celtics in NBA games. Last year I had a lot of fun taking Houston to the Big 12 and winning the Championship in 6 years. Hopefully I can find a new school to do this with this year. I'm thinkin' Dan LeFevour and the Chippewas right now.
Yea its weird. I never thought I'd see the day that the Florida Gators would be the most popular team in NCAA. I remember when online gaming started and they were a distant third in the state of Florida. Well behind Miami and Florida St. Nobody used them. They had a bland offense (post Spurrier), and average players. Now everyone and their mom uses them. It sucks that people are "jumping on the bandwagon." Where were you guys when Chris Leak and Ingle Martin were the Qb's?

Because of this I feel guilty using my "own" team. That is why I use a different team every time I play online. Keeps the game fresh and forces me to be a complete player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »