Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Real Assignment AI

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Real Assignment AI within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2010, 05:02 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 3
We need this in madden, in madden 10 I drafted the best offensive line in the game in one of the fantasy league and I got stuffed or lost yardage most of the time :/
Old 05-01-2010, 05:04 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash
We need this in madden, in madden 10 I drafted the best offensive line in the game in one of the fantasy league and I got stuffed or lost yardage most of the time :/
correction best run blocking offensive line all 95+ except for like 1 guy who was around 92 run block.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:07 AM   #99
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Real Assignment AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I would normally agree.

But this REALLY should have been in the game already. It's fundamental football mechanics...not some brand new revolutionary feature (like I will give credit to NCAA for the great online dynasty mechanic).
I would normally agree.

But this is a quantum leap in terms of blocking AI in a video game. Nobody has done this, not even 2k5. Hell, nobody has even acknowledged the necessity of it before... or their customer's ability to tell the difference.

To me, this is more than a feature... it's a sign of what EA Football is becoming rather than what it's been. It's going to be a few years before it all comes together, It's the first tangible evidence of what I've been trying to say these guys are about now. People tend to not believe me, and that's fine, but I've been in that studio for a lot of hours now, and I've had the chance to speak with a lot of people. They want what we want.

The only problem is, they're charged with the significant task of figuring out how to do it on top of what's already there.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #100
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I wish we could have 1 blog or feature posted without someone following it up with the "Should have been in the game already" BS.
I totally agree. Just proof that some people can never be pleased. Seriously, it's a lose-lose for EA sometimes.

Debbie Downer complains that EA hasn't fixed problem X. EA fixes problem X and Debbie Downer complains they didn't fix it sooner. What do you want EA to do? When does EA deserve some credit?

I've been critical of EA and I didn't like the '10 football games but when they make strides I think it's only fair to be positive rather than bitch about the past. I'm waiting for EA to announce discipline makes a return to dynasty mode and then wait for the haters to complain how long it took to be added back in. I'll just be happy it's back. (I have no insider info here - just a hunch discipline will be back).
Old 05-01-2010, 06:48 AM   #101
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I totally agree. Just proof that some people can never be pleased. Seriously, it's a lose-lose for EA sometimes.

Debbie Downer complains that EA hasn't fixed problem X. EA fixes problem X and Debbie Downer complains they didn't fix it sooner. What do you want EA to do? When does EA deserve some credit?

I've been critical of EA and I didn't like the '10 football games but when they make strides I think it's only fair to be positive rather than bitch about the past. I'm waiting for EA to announce discipline makes a return to dynasty mode and then wait for the haters to complain how long it took to be added back in. I'll just be happy it's back. (I have no insider info here - just a hunch discipline will be back).
Yep. I've given EA my share of complaints and praise when warranted. A few weeks ago I wasn't to up on NCAA. Now it seems I may juts be purchasing it after all due to more than fluff being done to the game. Game actually seems like it will be fun again.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #102
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

"The CPU is better at running the ball on every type of run, which includes Dives, Tosses, Stretch Runs, Counters, Power Os, Off Tackles, Read Options, Triple Options, etc. So you’ve been warned, containing the CPU running game this year will be harder than any other year."

Music to my gaming ears. It's going to make Dynasty mode that much better. A LOT better!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #103
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I would normally agree.

But this is a quantum leap in terms of blocking AI in a video game. Nobody has done this, not even 2k5. Hell, nobody has even acknowledged the necessity of it before... or their customer's ability to tell the difference.

To me, this is more than a feature... it's a sign of what EA Football is becoming rather than what it's been. It's going to be a few years before it all comes together, It's the first tangible evidence of what I've been trying to say these guys are about now. People tend to not believe me, and that's fine, but I've been in that studio for a lot of hours now, and I've had the chance to speak with a lot of people. They want what we want.

The only problem is, they're charged with the significant task of figuring out how to do it on top of what's already there.
In fairness, 2K Football didn't have the college game. If they could have ironed out a way to figure out the option blocking before NCAA 11 is anybody's guess. Either way, this is fundamental football stuff that should have been in the game from day 1. It's like not having the pick and roll in a basketball game or not having pitch selection and velocity right in baseball. Those games aren't going to get alot of credit for FINALLY adding those things in.

I give credit where credit is due. I've also been down this road before as well...I'm pessimistic about this title until proven otherwise.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 05-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 1
This game is going to be awesome, for the first time in years i am going to get ncaa 11 and madden 11. But one thing is i hope that they beef up the defense so everygame i play wont be an offensive shoot out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »