Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Real Assignment AI

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Real Assignment AI within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #49
Rookie

geauxfan70's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Real Assignment AI

I'm really, really glad to see that they fixed the read option, that's one of the biggest plays in football and it's going to be fun to actually be able to run it, especially with the ducks!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 32

Give EA props for finally putting resources in gameplay. NCAA 11 was off my radar but now I have to pay closer attention.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #51
Rookie

Lynx34's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA SPORTS
HB Draws >

In previous years the effectiveness of HB draw plays has been hit or miss -I know for a lot of user it was mostly miss. This year the blocking on draws has been redone to truly emulate a pass play where the QB hands off to the running back instead of passing the ball. You’ll see the pocket starting to form because defensive ends will drive the offensive tackles into the back field while the defensive tackle tries to drive the guard or center into the face of the QB. This opens up big holes for the running back to go through when you make the handoff. Combine that with the defensive reaction to the draw plays this year where defenders actually drop back as if it’s a pass play and you have a real formula for success when you call a draw versus a pass defense.
I can't believe no one has pointed this out yet. Does this mean DEs will pass rush correctly now? I would assume so, since it would be silly for them to just be correct on draws. This will need to be thoroughly tested to see if true. I'm getting pretty psyched to play the demo to see all these changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #52
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Looked great. Only concern for me is how slow reacting the safety was in the very last video(LSU/Alabama). I know there could be a multiple of reasons why, but hope its not a sign of things to come.

Would love to see some blogs dedicated to the defensive side of the ball.
Yeah it seemed like someone should have made a play before he made it all the way to the end zone. Other than that, it looks really good in my opinion.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 04-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 20

That looked pretty sweet. The part with having to actually make a read this year with an unblocked defensive end was fantastic, I assume that will apply to qb read plays out of the Shotgun as well which makes me very happy.

As others said though, hopefully the defense ai is up to a level that can match the improved blocking, otherwise the running game may be too overpowered. The defense sliders could always be cranked up to compensate somewhat. Hopefully the defense and defensive ai got some attention as well.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 04-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #54
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Wow this looks very impressive! Awesome stuff and thank god! Make people play the run! I cannot wait to suit it up online and take on some run plays!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #55
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
Yeah it seemed like someone should have made a play before he made it all the way to the end zone. Other than that, it looks really good in my opinion.
CB and scoopy, hey, this is what you get when you sit back in your zones all day long. The safeties are bailing to their deep third or quarter. People are going to have to blitz a safety, play a hook zone. This is great IMHO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 08:04 PM   #56
Banned

DJACK's Arena

OVR: 3

this game is looking great!

Hopefully they added a lot to dynasty/online dynasty to give it a fresh feel and more re-playability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »