Home

The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #33
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The "Commandments" of NCAA Football 12

I agree 100 % on the intial list

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 01-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #34
Rookie

3Percenter's Arena

OVR: 1

The Commandments need to be e-mailed to the game developers ASAP!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #35
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1

Smarter DB's in zones.

Harder hitting Safetys to break up passes.

Overall tighter coverage.

Height/weight actually mean something.

Better pass coverage... Even poor scrambling QB's can get outisde the pocket and make crazy throws on the run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209vaughn
Smarter DB's in zones.

Harder hitting Safetys to break up passes.

Overall tighter coverage.

Height/weight actually mean something.

Better pass coverage... Even poor scrambling QB's can get outisde the pocket and make crazy throws on the run.
This post along with post #32 is why i think they include Sliders......

Post 32 states just the opposite of what is listed in your post. That's why i don't think EA can really make everyone happy because one states the coverage is bad and the other guy states the coverage is too good

Personally I don't really see an issue but kinda use the options available to customize the game and remedy the situation to a certain extent.

I think the reason why somethings were touched with the original patches weven if the game was fine was because of the conflicting information EA gets by reading these boards

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 01-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Post 32 states just the opposite of what is listed in your post. That's why i don't think EA can really make everyone happy because one states the coverage is bad and the other guy states the coverage is too good

Personally I don't really see an issue but kinda use the options available to customize the game and remedy the situation to a certain extent.

I think the reason why somethings were touched with the original patches weven if the game was fine was because of the conflicting information EA gets by reading these boards
Agreed. I have always said that the game should play as realistic as the game allows with all sliders on 50 and then users can adjust to their knowledge, ability, and style from there. The problem we have now is that the game is no where near realistic on default. I am currently playing in a dynasty with QB accuracy at 50 / Human Pass Coverage 50 on AA and the CPU, who was an 80 overall with 84 accuracy was over 400 yards on 20 completions. He was 20 - 25 and the only two of those incompletions were due to my defense the others were dropped balls and one overthrow. My defense is not great, but that is a little out of hand when a QB with 84 accuracy is putting it in between 3 or 4 defenders, and when talking about 50 human pass coverage; my guys would be within arms reach and just watch the receiver catch the ball. It gets very frustrating, but this also causes everyone slideritus; where the person is continuously trying to change the sliders for the game.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 9

The special teams argument. It's a good one, I think that it shouldn't be as automatic and we should see more blocks and botched snaps. You should be able to control the snap accuracy and power, kind of like the kick meter on Madden 11, then proceed with the kick the way you kick on all of the NCAA games. I also say that CPU jumped snap shouldn't be so strong.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #39
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Zone coverage is really bad and man coverage is too good. Sliders only say pass coverage so . . . . . what now?
Old 01-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #40
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

I wanna see...

* Offline recruiting fixed - Tired of seeing top recruits always going to Alabama, Ohio State and Florida...there are other teams. Also fix how CPU teams recruit i wanna see teams go after players that fit their styles Ex. Alabama - One back "should go after a Top RB" Georgia Tech - Option " Mobile Quarterback" stuff along those lines and PLEASE!! don't let CPU teams stack up on players at one position!

* Height/Weight Playing a factor - This is a big issue for me. If i have a 6'5 WR who has a big frame ( Something like mike Williams of the seahawks) i would like to see him take advantage of that against a small corner. Ex. if i had my receiver on a curl out. I should be able to throw up a jump ball and my Receiver should come down with it if he matched up against a corner that shorter then he is. Now focusing on the Weight issue. I would like to see this applied to both offense and defense players. i wanna see big behemoths doing battle in the trenches like in the 3-4 defense the NT majority time if a big man so he can draw more attention to himself and free up the linebacker to bring pressure on the QB.

* Coaching Carousel & Coach grades - I really like this idea of having a coach loose his job for not getting his team were it should be. Also coaches staffs should take part in the game " behind every great coach lies even better staff " lol. Now onto coaches grade which i think would be great for dynasties. IMO i think if they add coaching grade it would help out progression in the off-season like if you have a great Wide-Receiver coach the WR should get a little bit of a boost from the way they are getting coach or like a defensive linemen that always bring pressure to the QB should get abit of a boost because the coach help polish up their techniques.

* Bring back some of the old stuff - I would like to see the Dev. bring back some of the other game play from previous NCAA that we liked and implement them into Ncaa'12. If they could do that i bet it would be a game ten times better then any of the other versions.

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings

Last edited by WizKhid; 01-24-2011 at 08:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »