Home

NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-26-2011, 03:34 AM   #105
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video Interview - Visuals & Pylon Physics

This gives me hope that maybe Madden will also have dynamic pylons, but yeah everything looks great so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 05:40 AM   #106
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdagreat
smh... some of you are just lost. Ya like that girl who everybody in the neighborhood has had and wonder why she cant have a boyfriend. Nobody is going wife her up, because we all know what she is. Thats some of ya! The reason why on a "visual" thread people will discuss "gameplay", is because EA wont create a GAMEPLAY VIDEO!!!! They ALWAYs show visuals and " New Features" ( thats really old re hashed things from the past ). You wont see a Gameplay video posted to have the discussion and u know why? Because they will cant and wont try to fix the game play. Just like the girl everybody had, the only guy that will wife her up is the guy who either dont know no better, the desperate guy or the guy that says "well she still look good so i think i can change her". EA got a loyal "sucka fa love" audience. I'll give them that! They Marketing Team is that deal!
...Or, they won't show a gameplay video because last time I checked it is March, and the game comes out in July. My guess would be they are still working on the gameplay, so why would they post a video of alpha at best gameplay just to hear people rag on it, even though it is not the finished product. I dunno, just my two cents...

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 03-26-2011, 08:18 AM   #107
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
man o man, June/July can't get here quick enough....
do you know something we don't?? were/are you involved in the dev process? this is not being sarcastic. i'm truly asking you if you are involved in the process where you would have some inside info that you probably would not be at liberty to divulge.

on a side note, why can't EA get a webcam that compares to the Macjinima guys? I mean, EA has the $$ to do it. that web cam was bad 10 years ago.

Last edited by mikehud; 03-26-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #108
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
It's March. Why are people asking for gameplay stuff? Why would a company ever release the major information in March, when the game doesn't come out for 3 months? They market it the right way. Have tiny announcements involving graphics, then go into deeper information, having anticipation peak at release time, by announcing tiny gameplay adjustments then dropping the big information/dynasty information in the last few blogs. How else would you market it? Tell everyone the big announcements so they can get hyped up 3 months in advance then forget? That'd work..
Roggie, you could market it the other way. you could announce your biggest new feature 1st, which gets everyone geeked up. that excitement could build for 3 months, as you add on to that big feature announcement with auxillery stuff like the pylon physics, visual enhancements, dreadlocks, etc. by doing the dripping faucet thing works, it can have the reverse effect of turning off some people as they don't see major improvements early on that would keep them interested through release.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #109
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehud
do you know something we don't?? were/are you involved in the dev process? this is not being sarcastic. i'm truly asking you if you are involved in the process where you would have some inside info that you probably would not be at liberty to divulge.
Here's an article from my experience in 2010 for the '11 title.

http://traditionsportsonline.com/ea-...w-with-rynoaid

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

Last edited by RynoAid; 03-26-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehud
Roggie, you could market it the other way. you could announce your biggest new feature 1st, which gets everyone geeked up. that excitement could build for 3 months, as you add on to that big feature announcement with auxillery stuff like the pylon physics, visual enhancements, dreadlocks, etc. by doing the dripping faucet thing works, it can have the reverse effect of turning off some people as they don't see major improvements early on that would keep them interested through release.
These presentation upgrades (dreads, arm bands etc) to me aren't improvements that merit even talking about. The fact that these kind of 'improvements' are the first thing 'hyped' means EA isn't addressing game play in a meaningful way. Or EA is reacting to the "WHERE ARE THE DREADS??!!!!" shouts first because it's easier and cheaper to do so. And the bottom line to EA is does this game make a profit? If the game did everything we wished it would do, got awesome reviews, but lost money, it's a failure. A lot of the improvements that I think the game needs are probably a heckuva lot more time & money consuming then throwing dreads and pylon physics in this years version...
Old 03-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #111
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight9299
These presentation upgrades (dreads, arm bands etc) to me aren't improvements that merit even talking about. The fact that these kind of 'improvements' are the first thing 'hyped' means EA isn't addressing game play in a meaningful way. Or EA is reacting to the "WHERE ARE THE DREADS??!!!!" shouts first because it's easier and cheaper to do so. And the bottom line to EA is does this game make a profit? If the game did everything we wished it would do, got awesome reviews, but lost money, it's a failure. A lot of the improvements that I think the game needs are probably a heckuva lot more time & money consuming then throwing dreads and pylon physics in this years version...
While we all know EA's goal is to make as much money as possible(really what company isn't like that). I think recent history has shown us good games make the sales while bad games struggle. I do think EA is in this situation because they thought they could cut corners and people would buy the game anyways. I think/hope the light bulb has been lit and the suits realize most gamers casual and hardcore a like want the game to be as close to the actually sport as possible.

After all how many casual baseball fans play "The Show" because it a great game or casual soccer fans FIFA, NHL and so on and so on. I refuse to believe that if we can get football games that are equal to NBA 2K in a nation were football is the most popular sport the sales figures would be poor. "If you build it they will come".

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #112
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
While we all know EA's goal is to make as much money as possible(really what company isn't like that). I think recent history has shown us good games make the sales while bad games struggle. I do think EA is in this situation because they thought they could cut corners and people would buy the game anyways. I think/hope the light bulb has been lit and the suits realize most gamers casual and hardcore a like want the game to be as close to the actually sport as possible.

After all how many casual baseball fans play "The Show" because it a great game or casual soccer fans FIFA, NHL and so on and so on. I refuse to believe that if we can get football games that are equal to NBA 2K in a nation were football is the most popular sport the sales figures would be poor. "If you build it they will come".

I don't watch much baseball, and have practically zero interest in soccer ... yet I've played The Show since 08 and both FIFA 11 & FIFA World Cup. Those games felt so authentic and had such great gameplay that they've been a blast for me despite not being much of a fan of either sport. I'm sure there are people out there who may not be the biggest football fans but would get into a game that had gameplay comparable to The Show, FIFA, NBA 2K, NHL standard (in terms of emulating real life).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »