Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Gameplay, Part 1

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Gameplay, Part 1 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #33
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Gameplay Blog, Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiRis
lol , wat?

I don't see why everyone is getting so excited at this point. You have yet to actually see any of this in action, and with there being no true phyics engine in this game why are you assuming player height and weight is truly going to matter besides triggering certain animations?
How dare there be people with a positive outlook.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:55 AM   #34
Banned

ChiRis's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
How dare there be people with a positive outlook.
There's a difference between having a positive outlook and jumping the gun. Usually you give the benefit of the doubt when said publisher has earned it with their past offerings. I don't think that's the case here.

There have been plenty of times things have been "claimed" to be in and they weren't actually in to the degree it was claimed. The whole locomotion thing from last year should teach people to be "cautiously optimistic".

I'm cautiously optimistic. I love the presentation and atmosphere upgrades they've implemented, but I'm not going to **** my pants over gameplay features until I see them in action. I'm not taking a blogs word for it.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:46 AM   #35
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
lol , wat?

I don't see why everyone is getting so excited at this point. You have yet to actually see any of this in action, and with there being no true phyics engine in this game why are you assuming player height and weight is truly going to matter besides triggering certain animations?
I understand anyone wanting to take a wait and see approach concerning EA football but I think people's excitement is justified. If these early videos and blogs where ignoring discussing next-gen legacy issues like suction, tackle animation force fields, poor defensive zone play and uncovered flats, it would probably foreshadow "more of the same", making alot of people understandably apprehensive as usual. So, it's only reasonable, given the fact they have come right out front and discussed these exact legacy issues with early video included, these same people have some excited optimism. Also, all this talk about a physics engine, as if that's the only way to respect height and weight in-game, has gotten somewhat out of hand, IMO. Don't get me wrong, it would most definitely be a welcomed addition but there was a game created back in 2004 using canned animations that seemed to respect physics fairly well. So it is exciting to see in 2011, EA attempting to take animation technology to another level to try and better simulate physics. Sure I would rather have filet mignon instead of hamburgers but hamburgers look pretty good after 6 years of beef liver. LOL

Last edited by Thinking Out Loud; 04-22-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 02:34 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Gameplay, Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Hopefully this means no more scat backs running over 300 pound DTs. That there will be a true difference between an agile scat back and a big bruiser back. That a user can't run the ball the same way with every player because there will be a penalty for trying to use a scat back like a power brusier back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
That is what I am saying. And I hope it carried over to the offense and defensive line interaction as well. One thing I always hated was seeing 250 pound DEs pushing back 312 pound Tackles with ease. But yet those same tackles couldn't push back defensive linemen that they outweighed by a good 50 pounds.

If weight truly matters, it would make recruiting even more fun and challenging. For instance if you wanted to improve your school run defense, you would recruit 300 pound DTs to plug up the middle. Or if you wanted a power running game, you would recruit 300 pound offensive linemen.
Got,

While I agree and hope this is true, it is still going to be dependent on ratings.

For example: Last year, we had momentum while running but that did not stop a 6'5 250 RB cutting on a dime if his agility was 99.

So this year we have momentum (weight, height, speed) and I am sure tackle ratings and RB ratings will all be involved on the tackle calculation. So hopefully it is tuned to take the height, weight, speed more into effect than some of the ratings, otherwise with EA's usual over rating of all players we could still see some nonsense. Like a 99 truck rating, 5'5 165lbs scat back with 99 speed.

Also while I hope momentum is being carried over into OL/DL interaction, we have no reason to believe that it is. They have not mentioned momentum (yet) in regards to it. So with that at hand... look to expect ratings to determine/dominate OL/DL interaction again instead of height, weight, strength, speed again.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:12 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 19
Because ratings will always need to be adjusted to help with gameplay, I'm begging the Dev's to install an Global Ratings Editor similiar to the one they had in NBA Live were gamers were able to adjust each rating of an entire team up or down.

If things stay as I seen in the Video, I will have to adjust the Agility Rating so guys don't turn on a dime so much.

Also, hope we're able to throw to a spot on the field and not every dive catch attempt is not a success.

Hope all this carries over to Special Teams someway.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:01 AM   #38
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
There's a difference between having a positive outlook and jumping the gun. Usually you give the benefit of the doubt when said publisher has earned it with their past offerings. I don't think that's the case here.

There have been plenty of times things have been "claimed" to be in and they weren't actually in to the degree it was claimed. The whole locomotion thing from last year should teach people to be "cautiously optimistic".

I'm cautiously optimistic. I love the presentation and atmosphere upgrades they've implemented, but I'm not going to **** my pants over gameplay features until I see them in action. I'm not taking a blogs word for it.
I'm pretty sure that the gameplay videos have shown dives and tackles?
Old 04-22-2011, 04:05 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Gameplay, Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Because ratings will always need to be adjusted to help with gameplay, I'm begging the Dev's to install an Global Ratings Editor similiar to the one they had in NBA Live were gamers were able to adjust each rating of an entire team up or down.

If things stay as I seen in the Video, I will have to adjust the Agility Rating so guys don't turn on a dime so much.

Also, hope we're able to throw to a spot on the field and not every dive catch attempt is not a success.

Hope all this carries over to Special Teams someway.
yes a global editor would be awesome
Old 04-22-2011, 04:35 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4
Finally a tackle button. I will no longer be whiffing on tackles using the hit stick to make normal tackles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »