Home

NCAA Football 12 Developer Chat on EA Sports Live, Coach Mode Announced

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Developer Chat on EA Sports Live, Coach Mode Announced within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Developer Chat on EA Sports Live, Coach Mode Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I watched before heading into work.

Before I go off....

I just want a confirmation that as I understand it, the Broadcast Cam will only be available for those "Hardcore Sim Gamers" (as defined by Ben) who've been asking for the option to call a play, then watch as a coach.

This meaning that Broadcast Camera will not be available for us "Casual Sim Gamers" that actually work the thumbs.

Did I hear this right?
Totally unacceptable. Why take the time to make the camera and then stop at the snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 07:37 PM   #42
Greatest "Show" on Earth!

Yankees_CT's Arena

OVR: 15
That broadcast cam better be playable, I was banking on it being so. It's been in Madden now for 2 years, no excuse for it not to be in NCAA. Otherwise, everything else seemed like old news. Coach mode sounds great for the simulating guys though.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #43
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees_CT
That broadcast cam better be playable, I was banking on it being so. It's been in Madden now for 2 years, no excuse for it not to be in NCAA. Otherwise, everything else seemed like old news. Coach mode sounds great for the simulating guys though.
Thats terrible on EA's part no doubt but I think that that it would be equally or more terrible if there wasn't an inclusion of any other playable camera angles announced..now that would be inexcusible...Has anyone heard of any new camera angles yet?...Ahh forget it it I forgot if it was included it wouldve been announced already...things that aren't included aren't mentioned until right before shipment...LOL..
Old 05-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #44
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
No team entrances in online play.
Straight garbage. Why in hades do you cut out YOUR BIGGEST NEW ADDITION in online and OD Play???

That is indescribably awful. Sucks all of the atmosphere out of playing your opponent.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #45
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Straight garbage. Why in hades do you cut out YOUR BIGGEST NEW ADDITION in online and OD Play???

That is indescribably awful. Sucks all of the atmosphere out of playing your opponent.
It's available in OD games. Just not in ranked, and random online games.

The rationale is valid--forcing gamers to sit through intro's during random ranked games will lead to nothing but problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah the way he said it, it is only available via coach mode and not regular games.
If this is so, I finally understand why the game is not at the level it should be at by now.

There is this disconnect between how the Gaming community defines things and how the Dev's defines things.

According to Ben, Hardcore Franchise Sim's are those that play from a Coach/Watch point of view. (not an attack, just pointing out the way he defined HFS)

I can't find one thread/post by those (me included) who have been asking for this playable point of view since Madden added it, to be injected in this manner.

Not one post asking for this view to be injected in this manner.

If you're going to inject this camera view in a manner that is totally opposite from those who've actually been asking for it, why include?

If it's in, that means "Somebody" chose to Locked it so that the Thumber's can't utilize it.

UNLOCK the camera view for all!!!

What's so hard about making injections Optional for gamers to choose?

Also, what's up with the questions they choose to ask/answer?

3 questions about maskcots
Help me to see the point of these questions!

The game looks good, but to choose which gamers get to enjoy Broadcast Camera view, and exlude the others.... (after 3 years of community begging!!!)

I'm trying to comprehend how an agreement, could come to inject it this way.

Last edited by khaliib; 05-13-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #47
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
It's available in OD games. Just not in ranked, and random online games.

The rationale is valid--forcing gamers to sit through intro's during random ranked games will lead to nothing but problems.
are you sure? the entrances weren't in user vs. user games in OD in NCAA 11. In games versus the CPU(which are offline, even in OD), yes they are there.

it sounded like he was trying to say the issue is with sync/connectivity problems, although I could have misheard it.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 05-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
If this is so, I finally understand why the game is not at the level it should be at by now.

There is this disconnect between how the Gaming community defines things and how the Dev's defines things.

According to Ben, Hardcore Franchise Sim's are those that play from a Coach/Watch point of view. (not an attack, just pointing out the way he defined HFS)

I can't find one thread/post by those (me included) who have been asking for this playable point of view since Madden added it.

Not one post asking for this view to be injected in this manner.

If you're going to inject this camera view in a manner that is totally opposite from those who've actually been asking for it, why include?

If it's in, that means "Somebody" chose to Locked it so that the Thumber's can't utilize it.

UNLOCK the camera view for all!!!

What's so hard about making injections Optional for gamers to choose?

Also, what's up with the questions they choose to ask/answer?

3 questions about maskcots
Help me to see the point of these questions!

The game looks good, but to choose which gamers get to enjoy Broadcast Camera view, and exlude the others.... (after 3 years of community begging!!!)

I'm trying to comprehend how an agreement, could come to inject it this way.
Well said.Maybe just maybe we will be able to switch the camera in controller setup to a user and still have the angle. This actually worked for NCAA 06 and for NFL2k5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »