Home

NCAA Football 12 Developer Chat on EA Sports Live, Coach Mode Announced

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Developer Chat on EA Sports Live, Coach Mode Announced within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #65
Rookie

Gravit's Arena

OVR: 3
I want the camera to be in sideline view in Coach mode, not broadcast view. Sidelines adds more realism to mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #66
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 12 Developer Chat on EA Sports Live, Coach Mode Announced

Because of the spacing of the OL and DL players, it would be next to impossible to "play" from the broadcast camera angle. For a running play, you couldn't see the hole to run through.

And I think the cable driven robotic cameras the networks use were probably inspired by video games like NCAA and Madden. It give a perspective you see when playing the video game, which is how much of the football fan base becomes aware of the game.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #67
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah that photo wasn't anything jaw dropping. It just showed off the HDR lighting some more with light bursts.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 28
I give the NCAA developers a ton of credit. They raised the bar once again. Although the game will have things that look and feel familiar, they did a great job of amping up the visuals and including many sweet customizable options such as custom tracks that can be added.

Can't wait for the demo. The Pro Combats in this year's game will be awesome. I am looking forward to Va Tech's black and The U's greens...
Old 05-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #69
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

The only way I could see a broadcast cam playable is if they went the NBA 2K11 way and let you choose if you want the L/R sticks to be camera relative or not, and I'm not sure that would happen.

I remember trying to play some games in broadcast view last gen and it was horrible. I just didn't see the appeal outside of "It looks like how it does on TV".

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

Having a coach mode and broadcast cam are awesome additions. The more camera angles the better for coach mode players. Combine these developments with a coaching carousel and we have something to build on here.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 8

What do you guys think of the possibility that spectator mode will be available for OD play this year? When I say "spectator mode" I mean having the ability to watch other members in your OD play their game online. It kinda seems like the stage is being setup for it. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoh
What do you guys think of the possibility that spectator mode will be available for OD play this year? When I say "spectator mode" I mean having the ability to watch other members in your OD play their game online. It kinda seems like the stage is being setup for it. Thoughts?
I thought they specifically talked about that and said it was in during the chat?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »