Home

New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #137
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
According to who exactly? Prove it.

You keep creating this false choice, "it's either DLC or raise the price." Says who? Trying to frame it as if DLC saves us money is lol, that's not the point of DLC at all.
But by the same token, you don't have to buy the dlc or the game. So you keep creating this false entitlement. If you don't buy it won't effect you.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #138
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Why don't you just look at the features of the $60 game and decide whether it is worth the purchase or not?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #139
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
I'm tired of people talking about how they are getting taking advantage of. You can't be taken advantage of for things that are luxury. To not feel ripped off all you have to do is DON'T BUY THE GAME! No one forcing you to. Now if its something like gas prices, which can almost be consider something essential, then all these arguments would hold true but for something that you are chosing to buy.... C'mon Man.
I'm a big NCAA and NFL fan. I am a huge sports gaming fan as well. I've bought EA games since way back and even though some games were wack or had broken features and half the time the game wouldn't work correctly until 6 months down the line I never complained or wanted a refund.

If I want to play an NCAA or NFL game I HAVE TO BUY an EA Sports product since they bought out the competition with all of your guys' microtransaction profits. I have no other option, so in essense, it is essential.

All I and many others are saying is don't promote new features and then tell me I have to pay for them. Also, don't charge me for options or "features" that should be in the game to begin with, like uniforms and stadiums. And if you ARE going to charge for those, at least make sure they are 100% accurate.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #140
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
But by the same token, you don't have to buy the dlc or the game. So you keep creating this false entitlement. If you don't buy it won't effect you.
You don't find it ridiculous for the consumer who is buying these games every year for $60 to have to pay extra for a feature that the dev team took time and money out of normal game development to create?

You're telling me that none of the profits or revenue from the $60 anyone pays for the game goes to pay for this online dynasty feature? It's all covered by the DLC that people will pay?

That's another part of the issue, it's not entitlement, it's wanting the best game for $60 that you can get. Rather than spend that extra time refining and testing their game and improving gameplay we'll get the same shlop on day one that we always get and something will be broken for months after we, the $60 consumer, pay for it and test it. I can't believe that people are okay with this.

This is TOTALLY different than map packs and episodes or chapter add ons. We are basically already paying $60 each year for the NCAA/Madden "map pack".
Old 05-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #141
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Are the people who are mad at this only mad because they feel this is open a pathway to charge for other things in the future(which is understandable) or are y'all mad because y'all want to use this option but don't want to pay for it.

I'm just trying to figure out people arguments. I understand people mad because EA didnt say it was a fee at first I just wonder why the debate is going on for so long

This reminds me of Apps for your Iphone or Droid they usually offer an app for free but if you want to do something extra they charge you for a different version yea they could offer it for free but for whatever reason they charge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #142
Rookie

4solo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
I'm a big NCAA and NFL fan. I am a huge sports gaming fan as well. I've bought EA games since way back and even though some games were wack or had broken features and half the time the game wouldn't work correctly until 6 months down the line I never complained or wanted a refund.
I'm yearly purchaser too (since 95) but if its one I don't like I get mad but at the end of the day I realize I don't have to but it every year.

Quote:
If I want to play an NCAA or NFL game I HAVE TO BUY an EA Sports product since they bought out the competition with all of your guys' microtransaction profits. I have no other option, so in essense, it is essential.
Key words. Still the fact remain you don't have to if you don't want too.

Quote:
All I and many others are saying is don't promote new features and then tell me I have to pay for them. Also, don't charge me for options or "features" that should be in the game to begin with, like uniforms and stadiums. And if you ARE going to charge for those, at least make sure they are 100% accurate.
See 4 post up.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #143
Rookie

4solo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
We're talking about a company that once sold AFL jerseys as DLC for Madden. Yeah they don't have a history. I'm gonna laugh if/when they release the gamestop pre-order uniforms as DLC this year. I'm sure there'll be a line of people telling me why that's ok too though.

And no competition wouldn't eliminate DLC, but we'd be much more likely to get the most value for our money. That's the whole point. EA has it made, they don't have to worry about any comp and like the article points out they can charge for DLC with little to no backlash from the consumers. Again props to Kotaku for at least trying to change this.
But to be fair all of EA's DLC with the exception of the $15 for commishs to host multi OD, have be very reasonable comapred to the rest of the industry.

But just cuz they charge for DLC doesn't mean people have to buy it.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #144
Rookie

4solo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze09
Some of you get it and some of you don't.

Like the some who do get it (and I'm not talking about people defending why EA is charging for a premium) vote with your money and don't pay for it. Period. If your running one OD, then let your OD know that I don't think it's worth my 3 or 7 dollars to advance from the computer. Then wash your hands with it.

Everyone who said something of the "I'll vote with my money" has said that and kept it moving.
I agree 100%

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »