Home

New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

my post from a different thread.....

have you ever noticed that nobody ever complains about the price of BMWs? nobody ever says "that car costs 45 grand and is unfair to the consumer!!!" when you cant afford it, you dont buy it. Video games, just like cars are luxury items. The makers don't owe you any kind of break because you may or may not be able to afford their product. If you can justify buying it, do it. If not, don't. I don't play polo or go on expensive hunting trips because those hobbies are out of my budget. Its not "unfair" that I miss out on those kinds of things.

If you can afford it (or want it bad enough) then buy it. If you can't, find another hobby.This is how capitalism works. If you think the pricetag is too much for the product/services offered, then you dont purchase it. The industry doesnt owe you anything.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I guess charging for "features" is the thing of the future. I don't like it, but I guess I can either pay or not get the feature.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

After this news, i think i may have to go look at Madden. I might have to reconsider the purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliefallstar
my post from a different thread.....

have you ever noticed that nobody ever complains about the price of BMWs? nobody ever says "that car costs 45 grand and is unfair to the consumer!!!" when you cant afford it, you dont buy it. Video games, just like cars are luxury items. The makers don't owe you any kind of break because you may or may not be able to afford their product. If you can justify buying it, do it. If not, don't. I don't play polo or go on expensive hunting trips because those hobbies are out of my budget. Its not "unfair" that I miss out on those kinds of things.

If you can afford it (or want it bad enough) then buy it. If you can't, find another hobby.This is how capitalism works. If you think the pricetag is too much for the product/services offered, then you dont purchase it. The industry doesnt owe you anything.
One cost 45,000 dollars, and the other costs 60. Awful comparison.

Last edited by Chardon; 05-26-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #36
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Map Packs are more expensive and this is an optional feature. After a while if u don't have a nap pack u can't even get in a game in matchmaker.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #37
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
this stuff doesnt bother me because i'm not paying any extra money since i don't use those features. But its like any other thing, add ons cost more money. if you buy a car and want the basic version it costs "x" but if you want the deluxe version with the satellite radio, gps, nicer sound system, heated seats it costs "x" + "y". If you buy a cell phone and get the basic plan it costs you one thing but once you add on internet, text messaging, pictures, games, etc. it costs you extra.

They aren't charging any more for the game. The game comes with everything you need. Its the extra stuff like simming from your PC (which is not something standard and therefore shouldn't necessarily come with the game) or controlling multiple online dynastys or whatever, those things are what costs extra.

When it comes to video games you see so many people on these boards act like they are entitled to everything and anything they want. That companies are required to include every uniform ever worn and design the game as we see fit. The truth is they make a product and you can choose whether to buy it or not, nobody is forcing you to. They do however try to meet the demands of the consumers to make them happier but that doesnt mean we are entitled to these things.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #38
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
People do not realize this day in age that DLC is going to be prominent in most games going forward.

Why?

Because companies are tired of people trading in games and having most people get it cheaper used then paying retail price.

This will put a hamper on buying used games if you want to get the full affect of what the game offers.

Those buying it used will have to pay $10 for online pass and extra to get the perks which then comes out to companies not losing money to those buying it used.
I agree with this because a Gamestop employee told me this out their own mouth. Trading games shrink profit margins. If everyone bought new games this would disappear. But that's not gonna happen. That's why they starting putting the codes on the back of games.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #39
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
this stuff doesnt bother me because i'm not paying any extra money since i don't use those features. But its like any other thing, add ons cost more money. if you buy a car and want the basic version it costs "x" but if you want the deluxe version with the satellite radio, gps, nicer sound system, heated seats it costs "x" + "y". If you buy a cell phone and get the basic plan it costs you one thing but once you add on internet, text messaging, pictures, games, etc. it costs you extra.

They aren't charging any more for the game. The game comes with everything you need. Its the extra stuff like simming from your PC (which is not something standard and therefore shouldn't necessarily come with the game) or controlling multiple online dynastys or whatever, those things are what costs extra.

When it comes to video games you see so many people on these boards act like they are entitled to everything and anything they want. That companies are required to include every uniform ever worn and design the game as we see fit. The truth is they make a product and you can choose whether to buy it or not, nobody is forcing you to. They do however try to meet the demands of the consumers to make them happier but that doesnt mean we are entitled to these things.
Then don't try to hide the fact that these are add-ons and will cost extra. These additional costs should have been announced when the feature was announced. Don't boast about the player's ability to super-sim on their PC, wait a period of time, and then quietly slip out that you'll have to pay extra to do this. It's not so much the cost, it's the feeling that we're being worked and/or manipulated. Be honest and up front. Lord knows we get enough double-talk and manipulation from our politicians, we don't need it out of our entertainment industry too.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #40
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

It's pure and simple greed. "Why should it be free?" someone asked. Free? I just paid $60 for the game. I don't expect it free, I expect it to be included in the game I PAID for. A huge add-on pack I could maybe understand. For instance I'd plop down some extra dough for a disc that contained all the FCS teams and a version of the game where I simulate that (playoff etc). But more money so I can push a button to advance my dynasty? Comon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »