Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #49
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
No, you only play each team in your conference once just like now; in order to reach 7 conference games, you play FCS teams. I'm hoping they just mean those games are filled by FCS teams and they don't actually count in conference standings. It isn't much better, but it is more realistic at least.
Ah okay. That almost sounds worse to me. I suppose it is more realistic, but how realistic is it to play 4 FCS schools--especially fake ones like FCS Southwest or what have you? I don't know any teams that play more than one.

That was a pretty poor design choice.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
Ah okay. That almost sounds worse to me. I suppose it is more realistic, but how realistic is it to play 4 FCS schools--especially fake ones like FCS Southwest or what have you? I don't know any teams that play more than one.

That was a pretty poor design choice.
Yes, it could have been done much better. As long as they don't count in the conference standings, I'll be a tad more content. Just seems like laziness that they classed all conferences with fewer than 8 teams together. I'm hoping the FCS games are a last resort, but it doesn't sound like it. It should at least try to schedule games with other independents and teams that are lacking games, but I would not be surprised if you saw a ton of FCS games... but in the scheme of things, for my plan to create retro alignments, makes more sense. Schedules were only 10-11 games back then so a 12th game against a cupcake for many teams I can tolerate.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
??? The NCAA doesn't follow their own eligibility rules? They make them lol. I'm not going to dig it up, but there is a rule about how many FCS wins you can use in a number of seasons to apply towards bowls. They may be able to use those wins for one year, but the next few seasons, they would need to go undefeated outside of those games to make a bowl game.

And it wont' increase their prestige. Think about it. They basically have 4 teams that are rated D+ at the best. If you were doing a dynasty and made all your OOC games against the generic FCS teams, do you think you would have a good strength of schedule? I doubt that at 12-0, with 9 games against the FCS (4 team conference, every other game against weakest opponent possible) that you would help your case. If you do, that is another flaw.
the rule is that you can only count 1 1-AA win towards eligibility, but in the NCAA games, that rule is not enforced. in the NCAA games, winning is the most important thing to making prestige go up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 7

Still no word on whether conference patches will be adjusted to schools moving to new conferences in the game. Alabama will play with a SEC patch no matter what conference they are in.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 4

that was in NCAA 11...i cant imagine they took it out
Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #54
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
the rule is that you can only count 1 1-AA win towards eligibility, but in the NCAA games, that rule is not enforced. in the NCAA games, winning is the most important thing to making prestige go up
Actually I think NCAA 11 does have this enforced. One year I took navy and and gave them as many FCS teams as I could(not sure why I did now). They ended up either 11-1 or 12-0, but didn't even go to a bowl game due to lack eligible wins.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

Last edited by dan_457; 05-26-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
that was in NCAA 11...i cant imagine they took it out
no it wasn't. field art was dynamic, but uniform art was not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
That 120-team limit better be gone next year.
It will, but it won't. There will be more than 120 teams in 1-A, with some schools moving up-mainly to fill the WAC, so in that sense, the limit won't be 120.

But in spirit, you probably won't be able to increase whatever the actual number is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »