Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Road to Glory: Brock Luker - Episode 4

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Road to Glory: Brock Luker - Episode 4 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2011, 01:18 AM   #49
Rookie

Renard's Arena

OVR: 0
Am I the only one who still a little distant from this Brock fellow just because he selected Boise? lol
Old 06-10-2011, 02:15 AM   #50
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Road to Glory: Brock Luker - Episode 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
I think you're expecting a little much here.
Perhaps, but a lot of game elements for something like that are already there...after all, you wouldn't be creating new "areas" for every stadium in the game - sidelines already exist, they are just not player-accessible. Seems most of the work would just be coding a RTG game to play out slightly differently than any other game.

-Would need a sideline camera (not a big deal, Madden is doing that this year, it would just need to be lowered and behind your team's sideline)
-Physical players on the sideline and not 2D cutouts
-The ability to exit or enter the field manually after each play (it could even be a button press and whoomf you appear, controllable on the sidelines to watch the next play/s.

Maybe it is too ambitious...but it is feasible. I definitely think that by this point in this console gen, EA should have already been working on something like this to differentiate RTG. There just seems to be terrible groupthink with this mode - the lingering idea that a RTG game needs to play out presentationally just like any other game. No, it really does not. As the mode currently plays now, might as well call it "control one player". There's no sense of connection with your player - he exists only on the field when the ball is snapped, just like your entire dynasty mode team.

I think that the physical manifestation of your player - and ability to control him - on even a limited basis off the field (whether it's sidelines, or a generic locker room area, anything) would add TREMENDOUS immersion value to the RTG mode. Just my opinion.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
Those look like the normal generic cleats to me
the are the generic cleats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #52
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NCAA Football 12: Brock Luker's Road to Glory: Episode 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_Alex_Howell
God I know. What a tool this narrator guy is. Waaaaait a second.........

Hey man, can you show us practice some time soon? I would really like to know if I can max out a player on a bad team by continually improving in practice once I am #1 on the depth chart. I hated being capped when playing for EMU or Arkansas St. I want the option to be Jerry Rice, Randy Moss or more currently DeAngelo Williams - bad teams made good by one player.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun

Hey man, can you show us practice some time soon? I would really like to know if I can max out a player on a bad team by continually improving in practice once I am #1 on the depth chart. I hated being capped when playing for EMU or Arkansas St. I want the option to be Jerry Rice, Randy Moss or more currently DeAngelo Williams - bad teams made good by one player.
I think it might be a possibility because of Skill upgrades/points tab.
I hope so. I always wanted to play for a bad team, but since players are rated lowly I would start and never improve. But I never played for a great team because I didnt want a easy experience. The teams I always played for had to have a player at least at 87 at my position, so at least I was a 88 OVr starting out
Old 06-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #54
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I think it might be a possibility because of Skill upgrades/points tab.
I hope so. I always wanted to play for a bad team, but since players are rated lowly I would start and never improve. But I never played for a great team because I didnt want a easy experience. The teams I always played for had to have a player at least at 87 at my position, so at least I was a 88 OVr starting out
Same here. In NCAA 11 if I wanna be the best 4-3 DT I have to play for Oregon St. If I wanna be the best QB I have to play for Houston. It shouldn't be that way. I wanna play for the team I wanna play for and let my performance and practice time make me better. I hate being limited. I wanna do like last gen Heisman mode and build my player as I see fit.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Same here. In NCAA 11 if I wanna be the best 4-3 DT I have to play for Oregon St. If I wanna be the best QB I have to play for Houston. It shouldn't be that way. I wanna play for the team I wanna play for and let my performance and practice time make me better. I hate being limited. I wanna do like last gen Heisman mode and build my player as I see fit.
Exactly. If want to I am a SPeed WR I want to be able to boost Spec Catch, I should be able to.
I want to go to a team like Temple or Memphis and be a star and lead them to a ring
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »